Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Stringing Pattern for E-force missile? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=446704)

Chief 11-27-2012 09:13 AM

Stringing Pattern for E-force missile?

Does anyone know where to find the stringing pattern for the E-force Missile racquetball racquet?

The E-force stringing site doesn't have it. I'm assuming one of the racquets they do show instructions for would be the same but I'm struggling to figure out which one.

Lakers4Life 11-27-2012 02:58 PM

Does it have a bearing post on bottom? or tubes?

I've never come accross that racquet, you might want to e-mail E-force. They are pretty good about replying to stringing instructions.

Chief 11-27-2012 06:57 PM

It has the tubes. It's an entry level racquet so I've had a hard time finding much info on it. I did try emailing eforce. Still waiting to hear back from them.

fortun8son 11-27-2012 08:49 PM

It strings up just like the Ambush.
1pc 42', 8'6" ss

Lakers4Life 11-27-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief (Post 7035550)
It has the tubes. It's an entry level racquet so I've had a hard time finding much info on it. I did try emailing eforce. Still waiting to hear back from them.

At least it has tubes. You might also check out the HeatSeeker instrutions as well since it shares a similar name of the series. Most of the Bedlam series I come across are all strung the same and use the same Head Guard/Grommet.

Chief 11-28-2012 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortun8son (Post 7035692)
It strings up just like the Ambush.
1pc 42', 8'6" ss

Thanks! I will give this a try.

Lakers4Life 11-29-2012 10:50 PM

from RacquetballWarehouse (TW):
E-Force Missle
String Pattern:
14 Mains / 22 Crosses
Mains skip: 7H
One Piece
Shared Holes: 5H,6H,8H
String Tension: 28-32 pounds

fortun8son 11-29-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers4Life (Post 7039239)
from RacquetballWarehouse (TW):
E-Force Missle
String Pattern:
14 Mains / 22 Crosses
Mains skip: 7H
One Piece
Shared Holes: 5H,6H,8H
String Tension: 28-32 pounds

That doesn't even come close to telling the story.You forgot 42', btw.
Stringer's Digest shows 13 separate steps,(and you'd better not screw up)

I'm pretty sure the E-force website has the instructions for the Ambush.
Many of their racquets use this bottom- bearing pattern.
I use a length of repair tubing to thread the handle when needed.

Lakers4Life 11-30-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortun8son (Post 7039248)
That doesn't even come close to telling the story.You forgot 42', btw.
Stringer's Digest shows 13 separate steps,(and you'd better not screw up)

I'm pretty sure the E-force website has the instructions for the Ambush.
Many of their racquets use this bottom- bearing pattern.
I use a length of repair tubing to thread the handle when needed.

You had already stated that it needed 42'. BTW you are incorrect recomending the Ambush pattern, that has a bearing. The correct pattern is the Stun 175 at least for the mains since it only has 4 pairs of tubes.

Most RB string sets are 42', but you can use a regular 40' set. One of my clients came to me after he got fed up with the local chain store. One reason they refused to string his racket because the string set was 40'. He told them one guy there was able to do it before, but that stringer was not working that day.

Here the diagram:

zapvor 11-30-2012 08:09 PM

haha. i just did a e force lethal 160. that was fun. i used 41ft

Lakers4Life 11-30-2012 08:28 PM

I've been using my special tennis string, that most of my RB customers love. It only comes in 40' sets, and I've never had a problem of it being too short (knock on wood), in fact I have at least 3' of cut off.

fortun8son 11-30-2012 10:23 PM

Well, I guess I need to call USRSA.
Stringer's Digest says to refer to notes for the Ambush.
Maybe there's more than one Missile or there was a printing mistake, wouldn't be the first time.
I missed that about the tubes, sorry.
If I had the racquet in front of me, I probably would've called USRSA right away.

I've never had a problem with 40' sets, either.
Just don't try it with a 38' Ektelon set.

Lakers4Life 11-30-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fortun8son (Post 7041009)
Well, I guess I need to call USRSA.
Stringer's Digest says to refer to notes for the Ambush.
Maybe there's more than one Missile or there was a printing mistake, wouldn't be the first time.
I missed that about the tubes, sorry.
If I had the racquet in front of me, I probably would've called USRSA right away.

I've never had a problem with 40' sets, either.
Just don't try it with a 38' Ektelon set.

I had to call E-Force on a warranty issue, and I inquired about the Missle pattern. They referred me to their MRT, Ron. There is no exact pattern for the Missle. He told me the mains are strung like the Stun, but the crosses are easier to figure out. He also told me that the patterns need to be updated on the website. The Missle is an entry level racquet for E-Force. I think there are about 4-5 shared patterns for E-Force. He also mentioned someone else recently called about the same pattern.

Chief 12-09-2012 07:52 AM

Alright I finally got the missile strung up. Actually, everyone was right about a part of it.

The mains should be strung using the pattern for the stun 175 because of the tubes. The only difference is that the stun calls for 7'8" on the short side and it should be the 8'6" that the ambush needs. The 8'6" worked perfect.

Also the X's should be strung using the ambush pattern which is a 1 piece and that worked really well.

I used a 42' string but a 40' would have worked fine using the method I described above.

Virtua Tennis 12-09-2012 10:58 PM

Meh eforce is too easy to string. You can use 40' just make sure it's a string that has some stretch to it just don't use poly unless they don't care about you stringing that top cross then you would have enough.

fortun8son 05-12-2013 01:27 AM

I just got to string one of these. Other than the tubes, it is strung just like the Ambush.
Just substitute 'bottom tube' for 'bottom bearing',etc. and the pattern is the same.