Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   When I win that Powerball (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=446723)

acura9927 11-27-2012 11:41 AM

When I win that Powerball

On Wednesday night. First thing I will do is go to my job and quit the same day.

2nd is probably move to the Southwest, maybe Northern New Mexico.

3rd is buy a 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 636

:)

fundrazer 11-27-2012 11:51 AM

Would be nice to win. Not really have to worry about money ever again. But I'd be sure to extend my thanks to two very special friends from the past year with a nice $$$ gift.

I actually came up with my "magic numbers" that I planned to use for the powerball lotto a while back. Kind of forgot about it, but I think it's a good idea to give it another go.

krz 11-27-2012 12:14 PM

4th is provide your favorite TT posters with monetary gifts, specifically that krz fellow.

acura9927 11-27-2012 12:31 PM

5th is find a wife from Eastern Europe. Russia is 1st choice
2nd choice, dont have one.

stringertom 11-27-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acura9927 (Post 7035042)

Prior to activating option #1, please consult with Miles Massey for an ironclad prenuptial! If you scar your life with divorce, there's no need to bleed green. Love is grand, divorce would be many, many grand without the Massey protection!

As to my plans, I will eclipse all the "worlds" of Orlando with a privately-funded tennis facility dedicated to producing US champions of both sexes...hard to handle the fact there's no other name than Williams on any of the hardware since '03. I <3 Rogi but he bleeds only red and white, not R, W & B!

NickC 11-27-2012 02:08 PM

I'd buy a ton of "medicine". And have a tennis court built in my backyard, preferably a grass court, so I could theoretically play on grass while on grass. I'd also pimp out my music studio, maybe get some new monitors or a bass guitar.

I'd give retirement cash to my folks, maybe buy my dad a nice new set of golf clubs then donate the rest to UNICEF or something like that.

acura9927 11-27-2012 02:26 PM

Take lessons from Fed or Nadal at 20k per hr is also an option for me.

Angle Queen 11-27-2012 03:25 PM

It's fun to "wish." I call it my mental entertainment for that $1 tix.

1st call would be to hire a driver. Middle-aged and handsome (yes, they do exist). And I'll want a Town Car. No limos.

Said driver will first drive me/us to a place to buy several of those trace-less phones and then I'd call to cancel all our current phone lines, domain names and internet connections.

Next set of calls would be to a very trusted family friend. He is a former "can't tell or I'd have to kill ya" military man. His wife also has a concealed carry permit. Protection for us will be required.

Final immediate call would be to our family lawyer and demand a joint meeting with our financial planner. Both would be asked for a recommendation for someone else...who is used to dealing, quite literally, with millions of dollars. Have a decent opinion of our attorney and accountant but know they wouldn't be up to this task.

But those are the logistics of things and just for me, not my hubs. I'm sure one of his first things to do would be to call his boss at home...and quit. Anyone who says they'll keep their job or stay in their house...is crazy.

Of course, we'd set up trust funds for our kids....as well as other kids we love and care about. Certainly a new house and car (time to replace the '98 Ford Ranger and '04 Ford Focus). But for the really fun stuff....eh, I'm not really sure. Much as I'd like a big expanse of a place, with a pool & tennis court for me, shooting range and hunting acreage for the dearest....I still think I'd like to be a part of....our community. I genuinely like our neighborhood, the school our kids go to and the club we belong to.

That kind of money (assuming you were the sole winner...heck, even if you had to share) is astounding and I'd no more know what to do with it than a baby knows what to do with a Ben Franklin.

gavna 11-27-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acura9927 (Post 7035042)

Obviously stated from someone who has never met nor spent any amount of time around Russian females! No you don't.

hollywood9826 11-28-2012 03:50 AM

I was talkaing with my boss about this. I said I wuold give him 2 weeks, but also said it it would be the most worthless 2 weeks he has ever seen anyone work. If you are sole winner and take the cash you will clear over 180 million.

Id buy a House. Put a small bowling alley in it. Probably 4 lanes. have a nice pool, maybe a red clay court just because you dont see those in maryland.

Then Id buy a bunch of land and build a couple disc golf courses. Try to build a nice big park with dog walking area jogging trails, fields, tennis courts all for the public to use.

Then get the investments started. Probably become a slum lord in baltimore. Get a Luxury Suite for Orioles games and just pick a random group of fans everyday to come hang out and watch the game from the luxury box.

stringertom 11-28-2012 04:35 AM

AQ, LMK where you get the $1 ticket...the price to be in went up 100% a year ago!

HW: can I sit in your box at Camden Yards 9x a year and cheer for the Bronx Bombers???

All of y'all will be welcome for some hitting when TennisWorldOrlando opens!

hollywood9826 11-28-2012 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stringertom (Post 7035962)
AQ, LMK where you get the $1 ticket...the price to be in went up 100% a year ago!

HW: can I sit in your box at Camden Yards 9x a year and cheer for the Bronx Bombers???

All of y'all will be welcome for some hitting when TennisWorldOrlando opens!

We shall see.

Chances are if I stop posting here then I won. Then you it will be up to you private detective skills to find me :)

r2473 11-28-2012 10:04 AM

I can sell anyone the winning numbers for $20

hollywood9826 11-29-2012 03:54 AM

I didnt win only had two numbers right and not the ball.

Theres always next time.

tennytive 11-29-2012 04:14 AM

Your odds of winning were less than bageling Fed in straights with your opposite hand at all four majors.

Good thing I didn't win. I would have spent it all on Hair Club for Men.

coolblue123 11-29-2012 04:22 AM

Unless you live somewhere in Arizona or Missouri where the 2 winning tickets are sold, I am afraid we'll need to wait for the next jackpot.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/29/us/pow...ers/index.html

hollywood9826 11-29-2012 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tennytive (Post 7037660)
Your odds of winning were less than bageling Fed in straights with your opposite hand at all four majors.

Good thing I didn't win. I would have spent it all on Hair Club for Men.

stringertom 11-29-2012 05:03 AM

The American male drought will continue without my assistance, but I did profit from the Powerball mania...three of the pedicab rides I gave last night were to the nearest ticket vendor about a mile from the zone I work. Fat tips on a chilly night!

Re: odds visualization...a numbers guy on The Today Show said u could line up pennies from LA to Chicago and only one of the pennies would be the right one to choose!

Several other winners though...five numbers w/o the PB paid $1mil!

Angle Queen 11-29-2012 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stringertom (Post 7035962)

True that. Hubs always buys the rare tix. He never mentioned the price increase, nor did I notice on the stubs that invariably end up in the recycle bin. :p Just like this one did. Not even one correct #!

Angle Queen 11-29-2012 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywood9826 (Post 7035918)
I was talkaing with my boss about this. I said I wuold give him 2 weeks, but also said it it would be the most worthless 2 weeks he has ever seen anyone work. If you are sole winner and take the cash you will clear over 180 million.

When I worked (for money), I always joked with my boss that he'd get a phone call from me in the Caymans, that there'd be two 1st-class airline tix waiting for him and his wife at the local airport...and that he'd have to fly down to accept my resignation in person. Never had a problem with getting him to agree to that. :)