Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   maybe time to move (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=446793)

Tmano 11-28-2012 08:09 AM

maybe time to move
 
I have been thinking about moving somewhere else in the US because definitely tired of the long snowy cold Wisconsin's winters. I love the snow and back home I used to snoboarding a lot but here there are just a few little hills. Most important the tennis scene does not exist. Maybe a couple of tourneys during the winter an few over the summer.
when I tell my wife ( who is American ) let's move she says "let's go" but honestly in this economy it would be hard to find a decent job as I have right now without having a college degree and I get more frustrated.
I would love to live in a place where I could play tourney and tennis all year long but as now I'm stuck in Wisconsin.....
BTW any member of on the board from WI?

El Diablo 11-28-2012 08:28 AM

So your point is that it's really NOT time to move??? Oh. Watch "Wayne's World" a few times and come to love where you are.

Tmano 11-28-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Diablo (Post 7036247)
So your point is that it's really NOT time to move??? Oh. Watch "Wayne's World" a few times and come to love where you are.

We just had a baby in May so moving is even harder now....I'll watch it!

LuckyR 11-28-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmano (Post 7036223)
I have been thinking about moving somewhere else in the US because definitely tired of the long snowy cold Wisconsin's winters. I love the snow and back home I used to snoboarding a lot but here there are just a few little hills. Most important the tennis scene does not exist. Maybe a couple of tourneys during the winter an few over the summer.
when I tell my wife ( who is American ) let's move she says "let's go" but honestly in this economy it would be hard to find a decent job as I have right now without having a college degree and I get more frustrated.
I would love to live in a place where I could play tourney and tennis all year long but as now I'm stuck in Wisconsin.....
BTW any member of on the board from WI?

Everyone knows where the good weather is in the US, that's why those areas are overcrowded, with the job issues that that results in.

If you are young, I would move to an area that has a reputation for being a bit colder than what you prefer and over the decades it will warm up nicely to perfect weather while the old standby SunBelt will melt into drought and terrible weather.

sureshs 11-28-2012 09:05 AM

Look at the home prices in the places where you can play tennis all year long, and the desire might fade away quickly.

Tmano 11-28-2012 09:29 AM

yeah I know it's always about $$$$, that's why I'm still living in WI.
however to pick a place a bit nicer than WI hoping it would warm up could be a good idea but by the time it warmed up I will be old:)

MarinaHighTennis 11-28-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmano (Post 7036357)
yeah I know it's always about $$$$, that's why I'm still living in WI.
however to pick a place a bit nicer than WI hoping it would warm up could be a good idea but by the time it warmed up I will be old:)

Well Arizona and Texas are pretty good. Still doesn't beat Cali haha

NickC 11-28-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarinaHighTennis (Post 7036471)
Well Arizona and Texas are pretty good. Still doesn't beat Cali haha

He's looking for an area in which to find a job. Here in Arizona, the job market sucks. And the natives here wouldn't welcome him, seeing as he says he's foreign, and here in Arizona, they don't like foreigners.

r2473 11-28-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmano (Post 7036311)
We just had a baby in May !

With your wife or with that chick at work that wanted to sleep with you?

Tmano 11-28-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickC (Post 7036525)
He's looking for an area in which to find a job. Here in Arizona, the job market sucks. And the natives here wouldn't welcome him, seeing as he says he's foreign, and here in Arizona, they don't like foreigners.

Italians are welcome no matter where they go :):)

Tmano 11-28-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r2473 (Post 7036529)
With your wife or with that chick at work that wanted to sleep with you?

with my wife! I turned that girl down...I made the right choice....now she hates me hahaha

Coach Chad 11-30-2012 02:23 PM

Tmano....you would be surprised how much fun you can have here in Fla....you just need to be thrift and learn how to enjoy life without spending as much. Come on down to Orlando! We can always use another tennis player!

SoBad 11-30-2012 02:41 PM

Have you looked at Cuba? The climate is perfect for tennis and the Italian community is very strong.

LeeD 11-30-2012 02:47 PM

You need luck on your side.
Luck to find a job.
Luck to find a good community.
Luck everything else in your life doesn't turn bad.
Luck your wife like it there.
It's a crapshoot, any more. But is it better than the safety of home?

r2473 11-30-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmano (Post 7036551)
with my wife! I turned that girl down...I made the right choice....now she hates me hahaha

See if she's interested in babysitting

3fees 11-30-2012 04:49 PM

With the housing crash,,many houses in many places are still negative value, mortgage way over selling price, yet the job prospects are slim pickens, unless one thinks of flipping hamburgers as a career.

:mrgreen:

LeeD 11-30-2012 05:01 PM

You need luck onto ONE job, one house, and you're set.
Percentages and numbers mean little, because you're looking for ONE.

zapvor 11-30-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoBad (Post 7040420)
Have you looked at Cuba? The climate is perfect for tennis and the Italian community is very strong.

oh god. .........

Coach Chad 12-01-2012 12:35 PM

Coach tennis for fun money...and you can make it!

Tmano 12-01-2012 02:15 PM

Hey guys I have to catch up with you replies now...I thought the thread was dead!

Coach Chad,
I would love to live in Orlando, and my dad would be incredibly happy to come over visiting my because he is a fantastic bass fisher.
actually was there for a short vacation a few year ago...nice place and I would like to play tennis there as well. People say that 4.5 are stronger there than in the *******....love challenging.
Also thinking about to become a tennis coach. Last year I volunteered as assistant coach at my local high school and it was fun and got some good results and feedback.

LeeD,
you are right for sure about the job. I would not move without having found a job first! Coming from Europe/ Italy in which the mentality about jobs is more conservative in a way that I could not let myself move and gamble on the future with out at least have a secure job/health insurance....especially now that I have a baby...without $$$ you can't even buy tennis balls:)

SoBad,
Cuba is a nice place...... maybe when I retire

r2473

Do you need a baby sitter? I can ask:)

3fees
That's true...houses all over US have become way more cheaper due to the economy and it is certainly so keep in mind...however, here in WI the house market ha not been hit much at all. Actually it is still pretty strong and pricy.

WHY?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 09:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse