Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Worlds Largest Biceps (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=446827)

ninman 11-28-2012 04:06 PM

Worlds Largest Biceps
 
Check this guy out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/the-tu...182121685.html

Apparently his upper arms are 31 inches (about the same as my waist). What do you guys think? Is he using roids, or is it natural?

tricky 11-28-2012 04:18 PM

It's synthol. Yes, he denies using synthol or an equivalent, but that's EXACTLY what synthol injected arms look like.

PSNELKE 11-28-2012 04:21 PM

btw, you guys know Peter Hiesinger? He looked pretty much the same, I think that crap even killed him several years ago.

UCSF2012 11-28-2012 07:19 PM

I'd have to concur with those saying it's fake. You can't work out a muscle and have only the middle half enlarge. The entire thing gets bigger.

LameTennisPlayer 11-28-2012 07:35 PM

his form is a joke

maverick66 11-28-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tricky (Post 7037016)
It's synthol. Yes, he denies using synthol or an equivalent, but that's EXACTLY what synthol injected arms look like.

my first thought as well.

tricky 11-28-2012 11:51 PM

I can understand people juicing up to develop freaky size. In fact, I can respect that if your intent is to push the limits of your genetic potential. I for the life of me cannot understand injecting your arms or calves with synthol. It looks like a tumor is growing up your elbow!

maverick66 11-29-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tricky (Post 7037509)
I can understand people juicing up to develop freaky size. In fact, I can respect that if your intent is to push the limits of your genetic potential. I for the life of me cannot understand injecting your arms or calves with synthol. It looks like a tumor is growing up your elbow!

I dont get it either. It doesnt look shredded or muscle at all its just bloated like the blood cant get through there.

I miss the old days of the Arnolds, Columbu, and Zane. Where guys where huge and muscle but not to a sideshow looking size. Now its creepy and looks like someone just put bodyparts together and its gone wrong.

T1000 11-29-2012 01:06 PM

It's synthol. Probably the dumbest thing I've ever heard, there's no benefit to injecting crap that takes up space but serves no practical purpose.

Roids


Roids HGH and Insulin


New compounds ruined bodybuilding. Just go back to gear so we can have bodies like Ferrigno, Zane, and Arnold. The new dudes (Cutler, Heath, Greene) look like freaks

hollywood9826 11-30-2012 04:33 AM

Call me ignorant, but how does insulin come into play?

I totaly agree the old timers had a way better look IMO. Its all about mass now it seems.


The only peson the actually beat Arnold at Olympia, Segio Olivia, who just passed sawy at age 71 about 2 weeks ago was 5'10" 225 he aint big enough for today.

And the 1st olympia larry Scott ay 5'7" 205.

maggmaster 11-30-2012 04:50 AM

Bodybuilders use mega doses of insulin to increase nutrient uptake into muscles. It is a terrible idea and a really good way to die but they plan out the necessary carbs to avoid a diabetic crash and the stack a bunch of protein on top of that. Is it effective? Yea probably, there was a study done with a wounded soldier who could not move they used an insulin drip and branch chained amino acids to prevent muscle loss.

hollywood9826 11-30-2012 07:37 AM

^^^

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess there is money to be made in the Muscletech endorsement world.

tricky 12-02-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

I totaly agree the old timers had a way better look IMO. Its all about mass now it seems.
It started with the judging in the early 90s, and it was a source of controversy. They started rewarding guys like Dorian Yates (rather than, say, a Shawn Ray) who won on size (in Doran's case, his lats and his quads) rather than symmetry, proportion, posing, etc. Then you had people taking copious amounts of GH leading to bloated gut.

Bodybuilding/supplementary industry essentially splintered into two different directions by the mid-90s. You had the athletic look (or I guess "functional") promoted by publications Men's Fitness, which appealed to the mainstream and makes most of the money for the supp industry. Then, you have the niche pro-BB market, which pushes the limits of human size.

Metalica 12-02-2012 01:33 AM

hmmm 7 pounds of protein sounds healthy _

chrischris 12-02-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninman (Post 7036990)
Check this guy out.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/the-tu...182121685.html

Apparently his upper arms are 31 inches (about the same as my waist). What do you guys think? Is he using roids, or is it natural?

Looks like a inverted Boob job.

maverick66 12-02-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tricky (Post 7042431)
It started with the judging in the early 90s, and it was a source of controversy. They started rewarding guys like Dorian Yates (rather than, say, a Shawn Ray) who won on size (in Doran's case, his lats and his quads) rather than symmetry, proportion, posing, etc. Then you had people taking copious amounts of GH leading to bloated gut.

Bodybuilding/supplementary industry essentially splintered into two different directions by the mid-90s. You had the athletic look (or I guess "functional") promoted by publications Men's Fitness, which appealed to the mainstream and makes most of the money for the supp industry. Then, you have the niche pro-BB market, which pushes the limits of human size.

I had no issue with huge guys but the issue is when they no longer look human. Than it gets to wtf is this supposed to be. Jay Cutler no longer looks human. Its like a cartoon how ridiculous he looks.

As for the supplement industry what a dirty bunch of crap 99% of that stuff is. It amazes me what people believe when these companies come out with stuff. Reminds me of snake oil peddlers the way they promise you size and strength for only 20 bucks.

hollywood9826 12-02-2012 06:20 PM

I was stationed with a guy that that would take all those supplements like daily. He just wanted to be strong. He swore that GAKIC let him bench like 50 more pounds. I did spot him and he benched like 455 almost twice.

I took some and did like 65 pushups instead of my usual max of 45-50 at the time.

Dont know why the stuff seemed to work, but it did. But I also dont see why the guy had to take it before everywork out. Thats why those companies make money though.

T1000 12-02-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maverick66 (Post 7042874)
I had no issue with huge guys but the issue is when they no longer look human. Than it gets to wtf is this supposed to be. Jay Cutler no longer looks human. Its like a cartoon how ridiculous he looks.

As for the supplement industry what a dirty bunch of crap 99% of that stuff is. It amazes me what people believe when these companies come out with stuff. Reminds me of snake oil peddlers the way they promise you size and strength for only 20 bucks.

N.O. Shotgun - 300% increase in bench press
Anything BPI sells - almost as a good as steroids, but LEGAL!!!!!!
Muscle Tech - gain 40 lbs of muscle in 6 weeks!!!!

Probably my favorite ones that I can think of aha. Only things that work are protein, creatine, multis, and fish oil.

T1000 12-02-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollywood9826 (Post 7043638)
I was stationed with a guy that that would take all those supplements like daily. He just wanted to be strong. He swore that GAKIC let him bench like 50 more pounds. I did spot him and he benched like 455 almost twice.

I took some and did like 65 pushups instead of my usual max of 45-50 at the time.

Dont know why the stuff seemed to work, but it did. But I also dont see why the guy had to take it before everywork out. Thats why those companies make money though.

It's just placebo. First time I took jack3d (another pre workout) squatted 315x8 instead of 5. Effects just wear off and don't really do anything. You're just taking in a lot of caffeine and other stims with that crap.

Hot Sauce 12-03-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T1000 (Post 7043796)
N.O. Shotgun - 300% increase in bench press
Anything BPI sells - almost as a good as steroids, but LEGAL!!!!!!
Muscle Tech - gain 40 lbs of muscle in 6 weeks!!!!

Probably my favorite ones that I can think of aha. Only things that work are protein, creatine, multis, and fish oil.

Dat der cell tech.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse