Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Djokovic or Murray: Who will lead their h2h when it's all said and done? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=446873)

Razoredge 11-29-2012 08:52 AM

Djokovic or Murray: Who will lead their h2h when it's all said and done?

Currently Djokovic leads 10-7, who do you think will be the leader at the end of their careers?

Goosehead 11-29-2012 09:20 AM

thats a tough one..lets see then....hmmmm depends on..

is murray at his peak ? (could be), still improving ?(i think), or had his best year already ?
same for djokovic also..his level so far in career has generally been higher than murrays..(no1 rank, more majors/masters/world tour finals)

although the h2h have been pretty close alot of times..so even if djokovic remains more dominant in terms of titles, murray could feasibly have a winning h2h vs djokvic..but then again just as likely not :)

to sum up then..i dunno :confused::-|

90's Clay 11-29-2012 09:21 AM

Nole will keep the h2h lead and it probably be a similar h2h that Andre-Sampras had. 20-14 or something like that in favor of Nole

papertank 11-29-2012 11:33 AM

I think it will stay about the same. They go back and forth, but Djokovic will always just stay slightly ahead. I could see it ending 20-18 or something like that.

mbm0912 11-29-2012 11:36 AM

World No.1

Djoker will

Sabratha 11-29-2012 11:37 AM

Djokovic will always lead the H2H against Murray.

Homeboy Hotel 11-29-2012 11:38 AM

Hard to call, but that's what makes tennis for the next couple years exciting.

Fuji 11-29-2012 11:44 AM

I think Djoker will. Even if they go .500 for the rest of their respective careers, Djoker will still have the lead! :razz:

-Fuji

axel89 11-29-2012 11:47 AM

tough one but i have to go with murray in the next upcoming years they are going to meet a lot and murray is slowly developing and once he's at his peak he will be beating djokovic

NadalAgassi 11-29-2012 11:49 AM

I concur with others. It will probably go something similar to what it is now for the future, another 10-7 in their next 17 matches, ending something like 20-14, similar to Sampras and Agassi. Djokovic is just a bit more explosive all around and tougher mentally. Murray has a more versatile game but it doesnt really give him the edge overall it seems.

kaku 11-29-2012 12:45 PM

Idk but whoever it will probably be very close

Sabratha 11-29-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axel89 (Post 7038363)
tough one but i have to go with murray in the next upcoming years they are going to meet a lot and murray is slowly developing and once he's at his peak he will be beating djokovic

Murray could have already hit his peak this year.

Fedex 11-30-2012 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NadalAgassi (Post 7038369)
I concur with others. It will probably go something similar to what it is now for the future, another 10-7 in their next 17 matches, ending something like 20-14, similar to Sampras and Agassi. Djokovic is just a bit more explosive all around and tougher mentally. Murray has a more versatile game but it doesnt really give him the edge overall it seems.

If Murray can keep doing this to Djokovic then he has a chance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1HZbxkdlHw

It was rallies like these that eventulally resulted in Djokovic physically breaking down.

Fiji 01-06-2013 09:00 AM

Djokovic because of clay(Djokovic by far, far).... more tournaments than on grass(Murray has the edge). HC will be even in the end.

RAFA2005RG 01-06-2013 09:10 AM

Djokovic hasn't won a slam since January 2012, and even then he needed a 7-5 fifth set to beat Murray. They met at the US Open and Murray won the 5th set EASILY. There is no doubt where this rivalry is going. It's all Murray.

The Bawss 01-06-2013 09:26 AM

This man will prevail in the h2h.

TheF1Bob 01-06-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedex (Post 7039369)

It was rallies like these that eventulally resulted in Djokovic physically breaking down.

Oh come on, Novak breaking down is extremely rare these days.

That was a one off (lucky Murray as usual).

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 7101519)
Djokovic hasn't won a slam since January 2012, and even then he needed a 7-5 fifth set to beat Murray. They met at the US Open and Murray won the 5th set EASILY. There is no doubt where this rivalry is going. It's all Murray.

You're not a Murrayturd so stop behaving like one!

always_crosscourt 01-06-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fedex (Post 7039369)

Djokovic won that rally.

In fact, the majority of Djokovic/Murray rallies go in a pattern where they hit passively to each other until Djokovic either gets bored and hits a winner, or Murray makes an unforced error.

Do you see that Murray is screwed both ways - he's not as consistent and can't defend as well as Djokovic, so will always cough up the unforced error first, and he also is far physically weaker than Djokovic, and doesn't have the strength to swing the racket fast enough to hit winners, so is vulnerable to getting blasted off the court by Djokovic as well.

With this in mind, it truly is remarkable that the H2H has been so close - one would have to think that when they've met they've mainly played mostly on surfaces or under conditions that Djokovic does not favor, or that Djokovic has suffered with personal issues or his previous susceptibility to allergies to skew the H2H slightly.

Peters 01-06-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by always_crosscourt (Post 7101607)
...one would have to think that when they've met they've mainly played mostly on surfaces or under conditions that Djokovic does not favor, or that Djokovic has suffered with personal issues or his previous susceptibility to allergies to skew the H2H slightly.

I always hear this on these forums.

People always try and find excuses for whenever Murray succeeds. I mean, he has a losing H2H against Novak yet you're still laying into him.

Give the guy a break for goodness sake. Many matches between them have been genuinely evenly-poised, with only a few points making the difference either way.

Clarky21 01-06-2013 10:36 AM

Eeyore easily.