Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   50,000 balls (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=446911)

Roger Wawrinka 11-29-2012 02:50 PM

50,000 balls
 
Hey guys, I remember this movie being on tennis channel a long time ago but I was wondering if anyone knows where to watch the full video for free?



R.W

Roger Wawrinka 03-14-2013 06:23 PM

Anyone? haha

SwankPeRFection 03-14-2013 08:13 PM

Ya, I was wondering the same thing a while back. Unfortunately, nothing's out there.

comeback 03-15-2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roger Wawrinka (Post 7038677)
Hey guys, I remember this movie being on tennis channel a long time ago but I was wondering if anyone knows where to watch the full video for free?



R.W

I have the DVD. Someday i'll try to put it on Utube. It was given to me by the the producer Thomas Pura who sadly died . His son TJ Pura one of the kid's who is featured in the film just entered Duke Univ. Keep checking ESPN Classic to see if it gets replayed; The other 3 kids featured went to UCLA, Virginia, and one turned pro so at least there were no "failures" from the movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JDQntMJQq0

goober 03-15-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comeback (Post 7276741)
I have the DVD. Someday i'll try to put it on Utube. It was given to me by the the producer Thomas Pura who sadly died . His son TJ Pura one of the kid's who is featured in the film just entered Duke Univ. Keep checking ESPN Classic to see if it gets replayed; The other 3 kids featured went to UCLA, Virginia, and one turned pro so at least there were no "failures" from the movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JDQntMJQq0

Well to be fair- if you take the elite top ranked 12 years olds from any year, I would say it be more suprising if any of them didn't up at least getting a D1 scholarship. I am sure if they had chosen 12 year olds that were low ranked or unranked but also put in the time for 50,00 balls and followed their careers it would not be quiet the same endings.

v-verb 03-15-2013 09:56 AM

Thanks for uploading it - however the video doesn't seem to be working

SwankPeRFection 03-17-2013 09:35 PM

OK, so since we're talking about this. What's the math here?

How long would it take to hit 50k balls? Let's break it down to hours per day to play, days per week, and how many years of this repetitive playing to hit 50k balls. Anybody?

S&V Specialist 03-17-2013 10:08 PM

Rallying: ~17 balls a minute are hit by each player when calculated after 1 hour of hitting with my friend (this number involved watching some old rally video that lasted an hour). Playing 3 hours a day (which really factors in as 2.5 hours due to breaks), 5 days a week; you will hit approx. 12,750 balls a week. With this figure you will have to hit for ~3.92 weeks to reach 50k. So it will only take around 4 weeks to accomplish hitting 50,000 balls if you were to use my weekly hitting schedule.

maggmaster 03-18-2013 05:26 AM

That is not the kind of ball being talked about in the video. 50,000 balls with expert coaching feedback would be more appropriate with many, many more balls in between to solidify the teaching.

NLBwell 03-18-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by S&V Specialist (Post 7285359)
Rallying: ~17 balls a minute are hit by each player when calculated after 1 hour of hitting with my friend (this number involved watching some old rally video that lasted an hour). Playing 3 hours a day (which really factors in as 2.5 hours due to breaks), 5 days a week; you will hit approx. 12,750 balls a week. With this figure you will have to hit for ~3.92 weeks to reach 50k. So it will only take around 4 weeks to accomplish hitting 50,000 balls if you were to use my weekly hitting schedule.

Working on the backboard, I think you would get 2x or even 3x that if you were focused.
Well, as long as you didn't hit the ball over the fence and have to spend a lot of time trying to find it.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse