Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Black rackets! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=446989)

zapvor 11-30-2012 12:20 PM

New Black rackets!
 
Yup, you guessed it. 2 new black rackets coming out! Just saw them yesterday and have one of the demos now. It's basically a 95 and 105sq in. head. the paintjob for the 95 is sweet! black flat matte with very sleek design. had a hit with it last night. reminded me again why i dont use 95sq in heads:(

anyways for those interested in something like this look for it soon in january! if you have specific questions feel free to email me or whatever

sstchur 11-30-2012 01:44 PM

Yep, I've got both of them, and I agree the 95 paint is very nice looking.

I hit with both but only briefly. I liked the 95, but I need a larger head size I think.

The 105 looks interesting but probably isn't a fit for my game.

For now, I'm sticking w/ my T-7s, but I think the 95 could be a real winner for a certain skill level, of which I'm sure there is a good chunk at the club level.

v-verb 11-30-2012 03:28 PM

IS the brand name Black? I'm not sure what brand you're referring to

niremetal 11-30-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v-verb (Post 7040508)
IS the brand name Black? I'm not sure what brand you're referring to

Gamma RZR, I think?

db10s 11-30-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niremetal (Post 7040581)
Gamma RZR, I think?

Yeah, I'm 95% sure thats what it is.

zapvor 11-30-2012 05:01 PM

yea its gamma. i knew you guys would figure it out:)

zapvor 11-30-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sstchur (Post 7040326)
Yep, I've got both of them, and I agree the 95 paint is very nice looking.

I hit with both but only briefly. I liked the 95, but I need a larger head size I think.

The 105 looks interesting but probably isn't a fit for my game.

For now, I'm sticking w/ my T-7s, but I think the 95 could be a real winner for a certain skill level, of which I'm sure there is a good chunk at the club level.

haha of course! you probably got them like 2months before i did

scotus 11-30-2012 07:26 PM

Gamma should probably pay the TW playtest team not to review their racquets.

JDMasFCK 11-30-2012 07:28 PM

Where can you playtest them? :O

db10s 11-30-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotus (Post 7040871)
Gamma should probably pay the TW playtest team not to review their racquets.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

db10s 11-30-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMasFCK (Post 7040877)
Where can you playtest them? :O

Gamma website.... I think.

zapvor 11-30-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMasFCK (Post 7040877)
Where can you playtest them? :O

go to your nearest gamma retailer. or ask TW
or if you are close by i will let you try it

aced_Tezuka 11-30-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapvor (Post 7040889)
go to your nearest gamma retailer. or ask TW
or if you are close by i will let you try it

Do you have to pay to demo?
Or do you receive/pick one up and then return it or keep it?
I wonder where the nearest Gamma retailer is around me...

I personally thought the BR's paintjob was the best. They should have kept it like that, but the RZR PJ's are good too. Interested in the 95... I can't play over 100's

JDMasFCK 11-30-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapvor (Post 7040889)
go to your nearest gamma retailer. or ask TW
or if you are close by i will let you try it

I know one of local shops is a retailer for gamma but not sure if Gamma sent out demos to all retailers :O

zapvor 11-30-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDMasFCK (Post 7040898)
I know one of local shops is a retailer for gamma but not sure if Gamma sent out demos to all retailers :O

yea it depends on the rep. what you can do is next time you go in just mention it so the shop owner will get it from the rep. sometimes the owners dont care about tennis as much as we do since its a 'job' for them

zapvor 11-30-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aced_Tezuka (Post 7040893)
Do you have to pay to demo?
Or do you receive/pick one up and then return it or keep it?
I wonder where the nearest Gamma retailer is around me...

I personally thought the BR's paintjob was the best. They should have kept it like that, but the RZR PJ's are good too. Interested in the 95... I can't play over 100's

maybe the shipping fee. you return it.
thats the thing man-its not all black but the new paint scheme is badazz. its just like the black racket but with a nice orange tint, and its super sleek. you will like it.

sstchur 11-30-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapvor (Post 7040912)
maybe the shipping fee. you return it.
thats the thing man-its not all black but the new paint scheme is badazz. its just like the black racket but with a nice orange tint, and its super sleek. you will like it.

Yeah, I totally agree. It's really really nice looking. Good colors, but what sets it apart is the matte paint finish. Just looks really cool and modern.

Gamma has a Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/GammaTennis

The folks that run it are nice and responsive and I'd bet that if you post a message to their wall asking who the nearest authorized Gamma retailer is, they will probably help you find it.

JDMasFCK 11-30-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapvor (Post 7040910)
yea it depends on the rep. what you can do is next time you go in just mention it so the shop owner will get it from the rep. sometimes the owners dont care about tennis as much as we do since its a 'job' for them

alright thanks a bunch! I'll ask them tomorrow :D


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse