Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Best sweat pants to play in (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=447067)

rafafan20 12-01-2012 12:00 PM

Best sweat pants to play in

To play outside in 40-50 degree temps. Need to have good pockets obviously, and not too bagggy. I'm not crazy about windbreaker material. What are the best sweat pants to play in?

kimguroo 12-01-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rafafan20 (Post 7041604)
To play outside in 40-50 degree temps. Need to have good pockets obviously, and not too bagggy. I'm not crazy about windbreaker material. What are the best sweat pants to play in?

Why don't you use under layer/base layer then use shorts pants?
I used to wear narrow shape leg pants but I started to use base layer+shorts combination and don't want to come back to long sweat pants anymore.

rafafan20 12-01-2012 12:38 PM

I tried that but it was w/ my cycling base layer and it got way too hot and there wasn't a place to change. I generally would prefer the pants but maybe ill give a lighter base layer a try.

LeeD 12-01-2012 12:58 PM

Most of my tennis days are in 48-57 degrees weather.
I wear Nike and Dunlop warmups, nylon yes, with leg zips in case I need shorts, and bungee waist cords that stay up. Pocket for 4 balls, besides my 2.

Chotobaka 12-01-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rafafan20 (Post 7041659)
I tried that but it was w/ my cycling base layer and it got way too hot and there wasn't a place to change. I generally would prefer the pants but maybe ill give a lighter base layer a try.

I wear warm-up suit with shorts and compression shorts (or UA Cold Gear compression shorts) underneath. Once warmed up, the suit comes off and I am good to go. Personally, when I play in the cold it is my upper legs and upper body that I want to keep extra warm -- from the knees down, not so much.

3fees 12-01-2012 05:12 PM

Warm ups here too, Reebok, with zip legs , ect. These are light cotton lined, nylon outside,,tried them out in 50 F weather,,sweating after 1/2 practice-lesson.

Lex 12-01-2012 05:35 PM

Go look at the Adidas soccer pants. They are narrow at the ankle, have zips, made of poly, etc.

The local adidas outlet had them on sale for $20/pair

ArliHawk 12-01-2012 07:10 PM

Lululemon training pants are my favorite. But they are pricy.

SwankPeRFection 12-01-2012 09:43 PM

I have a pair of Nike Dri-Fit long pants that are mesh lined on the inside (entire pants, legs included). The Dri-Fit on the outside have a windbreaker affect while the mesh on the inside provides just enough warmth where you can be warm but not get soaked when you break a bit of a sweat. That and compression shorts is usually enough for me in 40 degree weather. Up top is usually 2 or 3 layers depending. T-Shirt, long sleeve shirt, and maybe a jacket if it's really really cold. If I get hot, a layer comes off the top. I never get hot enough to take the pants off as if I'm wearing those, it's going to be cold enough to keep them on. I've found that in winter, if I play in shorts when it's below mid to low 50's or less, I can't keep my legs warm enough to keep the muscles loose and comfy after changeovers and such.

rafafan20 12-02-2012 11:27 AM

Ty for the help everyone