Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Amplifeel problem with Wilson BLX Six.One 95 16x18 Racquets 2012 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=447095)

shaneno 12-01-2012 08:20 PM

Amplifeel problem with Wilson BLX Six.One 95 16x18 Racquets 2012

does anyone have a problem with the Amplifeel on the new Wilson BLX Six.One 95 16x18 Racquets 2012? Like wrist pain, hand pain, Or any other problems you had with the Amplifeel?

NLBwell 12-01-2012 09:35 PM

How would you know it was the Amplifeel?

Bartelby 12-02-2012 01:38 AM

I think there are two other threads where people have experienced issues with amplifeel.

hcb0804 12-02-2012 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaneno (Post 7042244)
does anyone have a problem with the Amplifeel on the new Wilson BLX Six.One 95 16x18 Racquets 2012? Like wrist pain, hand pain, Or any other problems you had with the Amplifeel?

Wrist Pain, hand pain, shoulder pain, any arm pain is almost always the result of poor technique or overuse, not the racquet or the strings. I use the BLX Six.one Pro Staff 100 with amplifeel, with no issues.
It's the Indian, not the bow or arrow.

shaneno 12-02-2012 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NLBwell (Post 7042321)
How would you know it was the Amplifeel?

i play with the 90 and 95 i had not frame or anything my technique was fine and i got this really bad hand pain.

shaneno 12-02-2012 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartelby (Post 7042443)
I think there are two other threads where people have experienced issues with amplifeel.

yeah i did too. but i really like the design of this one... currently using ncode six.one 16X18 95

shaneno 12-02-2012 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcb0804 (Post 7042484)
Wrist Pain, hand pain, shoulder pain, any arm pain is almost always the result of poor technique or overuse, not the racquet or the strings. I use the BLX Six.one Pro Staff 100 with amplifeel, with no issues.

i don't know about u but i play with the Prostaff six.one 90 and prostaff Six.one 95 i had not frame or anything my technique was fine and i got this really bad hand pain that it made it hard to hold my racket.

gavna 12-02-2012 05:18 AM

Well bucko consider yourself special.....tons of folks I know use it have no isssues at all.....most are using the 95 - even my Jr son who hits 4hrs plus a day not with a single complaint.
What r u stringing in it? Are you another one of these folks who has a 4 1/2 hand size but who plays with a 4 1/4 only cause some pro does it?

Bartelby 12-02-2012 05:34 AM

wilsonians, he has a problem, you don't, not exactly a big sample

TimothyO 12-02-2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaneno (Post 7042244)

Yes, sold mine.

The idiots put metal shanks in the handle. My hand has never fully recovered.

Remove the butt cap, push any foam aside, and you'll see the machined ends of the metal shanks/bars.

It got so bad I couldn't close my hand on mornings after a hitting session with the PS 95. Never had that problem with other frame before or since the Pro Staff 95 2012. It's the ONLY frame that caused me so much grief. It felt good while hitting but the after effects were debilitating.

Ducker 12-02-2012 12:21 PM

You may be on to something. I never thought about the racquet being the problem. im 25 i have good tecnique never had this problem but the outer part of my wrist has been hurting ever since i started with the 6.1. LOL and before that i was using a aeropro bab.

Say Chi Sin Lo 12-02-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcb0804 (Post 7042484)

You know you can't say stuff like that here. Nobody ever has problems with his/her technique and fitness. Everything comes down to equipment "issues".

Pinky hurts, blame the racquet. Knee hurts? Got to be the racquet/strings.

Ross K 12-02-2012 12:29 PM

Been using the Juice for about three weeks or so now. No issues, or not yet anyhow. Like Ducker in above post, I've been using APD Original before that and never had injury issues at all. It's when checking out other frames the sore wrist, arm trouble, etc would begin.

richsox 12-02-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross K (Post 7043054)
Been using the Juice for about three weeks or so now. No issues, or not yet anyhow. Like Ducker in above post, I've been using APD Original before that and never had injury issues at all. It's when checking out other frames the sore wrist, arm trouble, etc would begin.

It's funny that, as I have been a PD user for 10 years, and we all know the label that sticks gets with so called "causes arm trouble" speak!, yet I have found it to be the most comfortable stick for me, and only when I let the better of the "you gotta do some more Demo's" voice get to me, and I start demo-ing do I start to really experience arm pain, and this has happened when I demoed so-called arm friendly sticks ie PK Ki5, K Blades, etc.! I think that Babs have unfairly received his reputation of causing arm pain personally, but I guess we all have our individual experiences

TimothyO 12-02-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo (Post 7043047)
You know you can't say stuff like that here. Nobody ever has problems with his/her technique and fitness. Everything comes down to equipment "issues".

Pinky hurts, blame the racquet. Knee hurts? Got to be the racquet/strings.

Why do you list your racquet specs in your signature? They don't matter, right?

Say Chi Sin Lo 12-02-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimothyO (Post 7043163)
Why do you list your racquet specs in your signature? They don't matter, right?

Learn to interpret simple statements. What does my specs have to do with injuries? Where in my post did I mention a correlation between tennis racquet specs and misc. injuries? My post simply reinforces what others have been saying about OP's post: injuries are likely the result of poor technique and fitness.

But to answer your question, I was asked a few times regarding the specs of my BLX90 in the past. And I never bother to memorize the numbers, so I made the necessary measurements, listed them here. That way, people can look at it without prompting a question, and I can use it as a reference if I need to make changes.

Anything else you want to say?

TimothyO 12-02-2012 01:39 PM

So you feel racquet specs are important enough to go through the time consuming effort to use TW's swing weight calculator.

What drives your interest in racquest specs? Why do you want to know yours?

In what manner do you use this information?

You say you posted in reply to questions from others. How might that information help them?

TimothyO 12-02-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo (Post 7043184)
Learn to interpret simple statements. What does my specs have to do with injuries? Where in my post did I mention a correlation between tennis racquet specs and misc. injuries? My post simply reinforces what others have been saying about OP's post: injuries are likely the result of poor technique and fitness.

But to answer your question, I was asked a few times regarding the specs of my BLX90 in the past. And I never bother to memorize the numbers, so I made the necessary measurements, listed them here. That way, people can look at it without prompting a question, and I can use it as a reference if I need to make changes.

Anything else you want to say?

Well that's interesting. Your specs don't match stock specs. You've gone to the trouble of modding your frame.

Clearly you felt the need to change the specs of our stock frame. Why did you do that?

Say Chi Sin Lo 12-02-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimothyO (Post 7043218)
So you feel racquet specs are important enough to go through the time consuming effort to use TW's swing weight calculator.

What drives your interest in racquest specs? Why do you want to know yours?

In what manner do you use this information?

You say you posted in reply to questions from others. How might that information help them?

So you're looking for an argument, as pointless and irrelevant it is. Well good for you, but I choose not to entertain you.

You really don't read, do you? Why do I want to know my specs? I said in my post, so I can use them as a reference point should I need to make changes.

What drive my interest in racquet specs? Because I grew up playing with similarly spec'd racquets, how does that impact you?

Finally, did I point the readers to the specs listed? Did I say anything about my specs and injuries? Did I establish any relationships between my specs and injuries?

Say Chi Sin Lo 12-02-2012 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimothyO (Post 7043230)
Well that's interesting. Your specs don't match stock specs. You've gone to the trouble of modding your frame.

Clearly you felt the need to change the specs of our stock frame. Why did you do that?

Again, what does my desire to modify racquets to fit my preference have anything to do with injuries?