Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Why R. Federer is on the downswing (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=447162)

3fees 12-02-2012 04:32 PM

Why R. Federer is on the downswing
 
No tennis Racquet.

Federer Named MoŽt & Chandon Ambassador

ďAs the champagne of victory and an enthusiastic supporter of major tennis tournaments around the world, we are extremely proud to welcome Roger Federer with MoŽt & Chandonís hallmark hospitality.Ē

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Ten...mbassador.aspx




:mrgreen:

axel89 12-02-2012 04:40 PM

dude your really late to the party

forzamilan90 12-02-2012 04:41 PM

yeah lol there's already a thread on that homie.

smoledman 12-02-2012 05:21 PM

Why he's not:



Training during his vacation.

SoBad 12-02-2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoledman (Post 7043541)
Why he's not:



Training during his vacation.

That's gross... Don't post these things here, there are women and children on this forum.

Fred is on the downswing because weak era is over.

Razoredge 12-02-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoBad (Post 7043560)
That's gross... Don't post these things here, there are women and children on this forum.

Fred is on the downswing because weak era is over.

Yeah that's why and not because he's 31.

SoBad 12-02-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razoredge (Post 7043620)
Yeah that's why and not because he's 31.

He's a late bloomer playing better than ever - too bad the field is too strong these days...

Razoredge 12-02-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoBad (Post 7043639)
He's a late bloomer playing better than ever - too bad the field is too strong these days...

Haha, okay.

timnz 12-02-2012 06:29 PM

Confusing thread
 
You say that he is on the downswing...but wasn't he number 1 in the world as recently as a month ago? ....what ranking has he slipped to....number 50, 55?

Sabratha 12-02-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timnz (Post 7043654)
You say that he is on the downswing...but wasn't he number 1 in the world as recently as a month ago? ....what ranking has he slipped to....number 50, 55?

It seems he's slipped to a whole new low of... No. 2.

smoledman 12-02-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabratha (Post 7043675)
It seems he's slipped to a whole new low of... No. 2.

What a disgrace, he should retire immediately.

/SoBad

Bergboy123 12-02-2012 07:19 PM

Fed is proven to be GOAT through the misconstrued logic of haters .. he's "bad" cause he's not "perfect," or the "best."

I can cope with that :)

FedererDropShot 12-02-2012 07:26 PM

2 Runner-Ups (Basel and WTF) towards the end of 2012 and he's somehow on a downswing.

So what did his long title drought period in 2011 represent? Retirement signs?

The Moonballer 12-02-2012 07:39 PM

The downswing of Federer is inevitable because of age, I don't know why people don't understand this.

At least Federer is still a top player at 31 whereas it's a coin toss whether Paella will even be able to walk at 30.


timnz 12-02-2012 07:54 PM

I don't get it
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Moonballer (Post 7043737)
The downswing of Federer is inevitable because of age, I don't know why people don't understand this.

At least Federer is still a top player at 31 whereas it's a coin toss whether Paella will even be able to walk at 30.



What I don't get is why is Federer even being talked about as being on the downswing at all? He was number 1 in the world only a month ago and is number 2 presently.

kalyan4fedever 12-02-2012 07:59 PM

fed should retire and work on mini fed creation asap

Cup8489 12-02-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Moonballer (Post 7043737)
The downswing of Federer is inevitable because of age, I don't know why people don't understand this.

At least Federer is still a top player at 31 whereas it's a coin toss whether Paella will even be able to walk at 30.


wait, you used a picture of Nadal's victory moment at Wimbledon 2008 to show him fallen?


The Moonballer 12-02-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timnz (Post 7043755)
What I don't get is why is Federer even being talked about as being on the downswing at all? He was number 1 in the world only a month ago and is number 2 presently.

You're right, Fed is such a great player that even with reduced footwork and defensive play he still is at the top of the game.

In comparison to ******, as soon as the effects of aging happens and his physicality drops he won't be a top contender, because his game is all physical. Not shotmaking talent like Federer. Just big muscles to generate moonballs.

Dull relies on chokes and distracting opponents with childish celebrations while Federer wins by superior shot making.


Sabratha 12-04-2012 03:54 PM

Federer will only be on the downswing when he drops from the top five. He hasn't done that since 2003.

smoledman 12-04-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabratha (Post 7046989)
Federer will only be on the downswing when he drops from the top five. He hasn't done that since 2003.

Federer has never dropped to the top 5. He zoomed into it as a very young age(22) and never dropped out.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse