Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Tennis Travel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Tennis Scottsdale Arizona (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=447163)

Mighty Matteo 12-02-2012 05:30 PM

Tennis Scottsdale Arizona

Does anybody know of any good place to play tennis in scottsdale arizona? This is for my son who is 3 star recruit and is 16. Preferably near the 4 seasons hotel. He is not interested in lessons as he already has a coach. He just wants players to play with from a club. Is there any good place to play? we have heard about the scottsdale athletic club, but it is not that close to the hotel. Do you know anything about it? Are there good players there?

rufus_smith 12-03-2012 06:53 PM

Finding proper players is the bigger problem. Your son plays at a high level so it'll take some work to find some good matches. Four Seasons hotel is very nice but is pretty far away from the major tennis training centers in the area. Sometimes hotels can find players for you. Otherwise you'll have to contact junior tennis coaches or high-ranked players in the area yourself to find right players and the right place to play. You could contact the coach at the Desert Ridge Mariott which has the closest junior training program I think. You could also try calling the Allabout tennis store in Scottsdale for advice since they are well-known, friendly hub.

jamauss 12-03-2012 07:05 PM

Go stop by All About Tennis on Scottsdale Ave. and talk to Jesse (the owner) - he has a son about the same age that's a real good player. Or give them a call at the shop there and I'm sure he can give you some good advice.

Mighty Matteo 12-03-2012 08:29 PM

Thanks a lot!

gavna 12-04-2012 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamauss (Post 7045374)
Go stop by All About Tennis on Scottsdale Ave. and talk to Jesse (the owner) - he has a son about the same age that's a real good player. Or give them a call at the shop there and I'm sure he can give you some good advice.

That is your best bet.......Pam and Jesse the owners have 2 boys highly ranked, my son played one of them in an ITF tourny not to long ago. We were just there about 3 weeks ago but stayed at the Wigwam Resort on the far west side of town.

Mighty Matteo 12-04-2012 09:02 PM

do you know how good the sons are? will they be too good for my son who is only around a 2 and recently a 3 star player?

goober 12-07-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mighty Matteo (Post 7047322)
do you know how good the sons are? will they be too good for my son who is only around a 2 and recently a 3 star player?

Nathan Ponwith is a blue chip recruit and has been ranked as high as #4 nationally. Still worth talking to them, they probably know a bunch of juniors that they might be able to hook you up with .