Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Enough! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=447184)

TennisLovaLova 12-03-2012 12:10 AM

Enough!

I'm tired of this, really. Each day, on every social network or news website, there's a new topic about this or that tennis player's new endorsment.

I'm a fed fan but I'm fed up with him trying to sell me Gillette, champagne, cars, chocolate, etc.

All players selling luxury watches, cars, food, cell phones. It's too much imo and it's bad for their image and the image of tennis.

Fed on fbook:
"Oh look I took B&W gay friendly pictures with my friend blablabla"
the next day:" those pics were made for my new champagne campaign. Buy it"

I dont care!
Enough.
That "mélange des genres" makes me sick.
There should be a limit for this crap

TennisLovaLova 12-03-2012 12:26 AM

the problem with this internet/omnipresent info era is that we are harrassed by this communication flood
how many endorsments does Fed have?
"I play with his shoes, his racquet, eat his chocolate, wear his watches, drink his champagne, fly his jet company"
this is a sect

dominikk1985 12-03-2012 12:34 AM

fed and nadal deserve every endorsement dollar but I don't really care reading about that here. I couldn't care less what poker site nadal uses or what champagne fed drinks (well claims to drink).

TennisLovaLova 12-03-2012 12:52 AM

it's just that it's everywhere
it's an invasion, especially in this post season

beast of mallorca 12-03-2012 01:05 AM

If you don't want to buy their products or to watch their commercials then don't. It's as simple as that. You make things complicated and gets miserable with it. Better yet, just have fun and laugh at Fed's girly champagne commercial etc or ******'s awkward poses in his Ads, and in his butt picking .....:twisted:

SQA333 12-03-2012 01:30 AM

I don't think Nadal is allowed to waste that much time playing poker as he does in tennis.

tusharlovesrafa 12-03-2012 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beast of mallorca (Post 7043933)
If you don't want to buy their products or to watch their commercials then don't. It's as simple as that. You make things complicated and gets miserable with it. Better yet, just have fun and laugh at Fed's girly champaign commercial etc or ******'s awkward poses in his Ads, and in his butt picking .....:twisted:

I won't call that girly or awkward,they have worked their *** off to reach such a stage,and they deserve all the glory..

forzamilan90 12-03-2012 06:34 AM

I don't get people's beef with. Sports people are marketable and come on like you would not want to earn that exra money by publisizing it/advertizing it?

joeri888 12-03-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beast of mallorca (Post 7043933)
If you don't want to buy their products or to watch their commercials then don't. It's as simple as that. You make things complicated and gets miserable with it. Better yet, just have fun and laugh at Fed's girly champagne commercial etc or ******'s awkward poses in his Ads, and in his butt picking .....:twisted:

Its not That simple to Not watch commercials and still be able to enjoy life and Its enjoyable things:)

Mainad 12-03-2012 06:42 AM

Federer is the only one who can really do this sort of thing anyway as he is already the most famous tennis player in the world ( and the only one most non-tennis fans have probably ever heard of) and has the charisma and acting ability to pull it off!

Djokovic could also do it as he is an even better actor but, although world #1, he is still not yet up there with Fed in the popularity and glamour stakes.

IMO Nadal and Murray just don't have the acting ability and, in Murray's case, lack charisma as well. Ditto for all the other top players with the exception of Tipsarevic. I could see him acting and hamming his way through commercials if he ever gets newsworthy enough! :)

tacou 12-03-2012 07:56 AM

someone's facebook page is not harassment. don't go to it, the end.

adidasman 12-03-2012 08:02 AM

I'm not sure how these endorsements have a negative effect on either the player or the sport. Tennis fans have always skewed toward the upper end of the economic scale; that's why Federer endorses Mercedes and not Dodge. The companies involved wouldn't pay the money if they didn't feel they'd gain something from the affiliation. So HOW does Federer endorsing champagne hurt tennis, exactly?

3fees 12-03-2012 05:11 PM

Some peeps follow fads and want items there fav players wear ect. If this is what floats there boat , go for it.

:mrgreen:

TennisLovaLova 12-04-2012 03:11 AM

I mean I like RF the player, not the "brand Federer", that I find over marketed and omnipresent in the media.
Just my personal opinion.

Let's just hope he's clean then.
Otherwise, it's gonna be Mercedes/Moet Chandon / Nike / Lindt vs Federer...

kalyan4fedever 12-04-2012 04:20 AM

did nt he post a recent update with his body sinked in sand except for the head part?

Sabratha 12-05-2012 05:15 PM

They won't stop, you know.

akind 12-06-2012 11:27 PM

Welcome to a Capitalist and self-destructive world.

TennisLovaLova 12-06-2012 11:46 PM

wow
from 10 to 12 million euros to play 6 matches in south america
some serious money, thanks Gilette and P&G
http://www.blick.ch/sport/tennis/tin...id2128054.html