Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   1hbh with pdrgt (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=447263)

liam1 12-03-2012 07:44 PM

1hbh with pdrgt
 
Maybe this is a stupid question but are some rackets better suited to a 1hbh than others? Currently play with a pdrgt and am not sure if its suitable. Any thoughts, ideas?

MikeHitsHard93 12-03-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liam1 (Post 7045449)
Maybe this is a stupid question but are some rackets better suited to a 1hbh than others? Currently play with a pdrgt and am not sure if its suitable. Any thoughts, ideas?

I find the PDR to be one of the worst sticks for the 1hbh. Just too powerful and slow.

mjnchen 12-03-2012 08:18 PM

I think you can use it for 1hbh, but it might not be a good choice for 1hbh. Also, pdrgt is not a good choice for more advanced players.

ASH1485 12-03-2012 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liam1 (Post 7045449)
Maybe this is a stupid question but are some rackets better suited to a 1hbh than others? Currently play with a pdrgt and am not sure if its suitable. Any thoughts, ideas?

rackets with lower swing weight are more suitable for one handed back hands
mine with the Blx PS 95 has never been smoother

vegasgt3 12-03-2012 09:17 PM

I disagree. I believe a smaller head, head light, heavy and higher swingweight are better for stability. Most one-handers play an all court game and need those attributes to be successful.

LanEvo 12-03-2012 09:46 PM

I have no problems, with 1 HBH on either Plus or Standard...

It depends on your skill, and the biggest thing your footwork with getting in position, yea I sound like one of those "skill" people, but that is what I think. And these are my main sticks...

Only thing to me, is I am not getting enough power off my racquets... then again, that is due to strings, lol.

MikeHitsHard93 12-04-2012 05:01 AM

I don't use a 1hbh very much now so that probably has something to do with it.

PrincessAdam 12-04-2012 06:12 AM

That racquet is a good racquet, I could hit a 1hbh just fine with it. But I actually like more classic, player oriented frames for my backhand. That's just me though

pjonesy 12-07-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegasgt3 (Post 7045540)
I disagree. I believe a smaller head, head light, heavy and higher swingweight are better for stability. Most one-handers play an all court game and need those attributes to be successful.

I agree. I was playing with a Donnay X Dual Core Gold 99 and recently switched to the 94in. I added the slide weight in the top of the hoop and my 1hbh is much more effective. That put the weight at about 12.3oz(still HL). Even though it added weight, it just seems more stable, quicker and more maneuverable through the full stroke. But being heavier also helps my slice. It absorbs pace better with a shorter stroke when on the run or handling/blocking hard hit balls with no time to set up.

Xonemains 12-09-2012 12:49 PM

Any good player can 1HBH with any racquet.

The more powerful the stick, the more spin you gotta put on it.

With the Roddick, you need heaps of spin!!!

I have not seen anyone hit a flat 1HBH with the Roddick yet.
(Now that I mentioned it, I might see someone do it next time I'm on the courts)

hersito 12-09-2012 06:05 PM

I think small head size and closed pattern makes easier to hit a 1hbh but you also need to generate your own power, you can hit for example with an apd and generate more spin and power but you'll have way more UE because its way more difficult to control it. At least that's what happens to me.

westside 12-09-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xonemains (Post 7054714)
Any good player can 1HBH with any racquet.

The more powerful the stick, the more spin you gotta put on it.

With the Roddick, you need heaps of spin!!!

I have not seen anyone hit a flat 1HBH with the Roddick yet.
(Now that I mentioned it, I might see someone do it next time I'm on the courts)

Well today's your lucky day :D Though he doesn't use a PDR, Sam Groth currently uses a PD+ which is weighted to be around 335g. He's about to play his wild card playoff match for the AO. I put the link in the AO 2013 thread


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse