Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Talk Tennis Europe - English (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   POSSIBLE wrong swingweight? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=447287)

julian 12-04-2012 06:53 AM

POSSIBLE wrong swingweight?
 
There are some doubts whether the swingweight of
Yonex Vcore Xi100 (280 grams)
is correct
See http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...=1#post7046031 post #1
Is it possible to check it?

TWE Staff 12-05-2012 01:50 AM

Hello julian,

thank you for this information. We checked again and it seems like our RDC is not working correctly. We already are in touch with our contact for our RDC machine. We will re-measure the new Yonex VCore Xi rackets once the machine has been repaired. We will update you here, once we added the swingweights.

thanks,
Stefan/TWE

julian 12-06-2012 12:25 PM

How soon?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWE Staff (Post 7047502)
Hello julian,

thank you for this information. We checked again and it seems like our RDC is not working correctly. We already are in touch with our contact for our RDC machine. We will re-measure the new Yonex VCore Xi rackets once the machine has been repaired. We will update you here, once we added the swingweights.

thanks,
Stefan/TWE

How soon?
Speedy Gonzales is my middle name

TWE Staff 12-07-2012 01:02 AM

Hello,
unfortunately not a matter of days. We hope they can repair it. Otherwise we would need to order a new machine. As posted before, as soon as we have measured the swingweights we will update you here. Sorry for the possible inconvenience.

Thanks,
Stefan/TWE

julian 12-13-2012 02:38 PM

Outsourcing
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWE Staff (Post 7050998)
Hello,
unfortunately not a matter of days. We hope they can repair it. Otherwise we would need to order a new machine. As posted before, as soon as we have measured the swingweights we will update you here. Sorry for the possible inconvenience.

Thanks,
Stefan/TWE

Can we outsource it to someone?
Can we ask Yonex?
Somehow the question is interesting NOW

julian 01-24-2013 07:55 AM

Any update?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWE Staff (Post 7050998)
Hello,
unfortunately not a matter of days. We hope they can repair it. Otherwise we would need to order a new machine. As posted before, as soon as we have measured the swingweights we will update you here. Sorry for the possible inconvenience.

Thanks,
Stefan/TWE

Any update?

TWE Staff 01-24-2013 08:09 AM

yes.
We ordered a new RDC from Babolat. Will be shipped om January 31th.

thanks,
Stefan/TWE

julian 01-24-2013 08:13 AM

Please let me know
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWE Staff (Post 7157835)
yes.
We ordered a new RDC from Babolat. Will be shipped om January 31th.

thanks,
Stefan/TWE

Please let me know AT SOME MOMENT about my ORIGINAL question-post #1

julian 02-04-2013 06:39 AM

Any news?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWE Staff (Post 7047502)
Hello julian,

thank you for this information. We checked again and it seems like our RDC is not working correctly. We already are in touch with our contact for our RDC machine. We will re-measure the new Yonex VCore Xi rackets once the machine has been repaired. We will update you here, once we added the swingweights.

thanks,
Stefan/TWE

Any news?
xxxxxx

TWE Staff 02-04-2013 07:26 AM

no. as posted before, we will update you once we have measured the swingweight.
thanks,
Stefan/TWE

TWE Staff 02-21-2013 04:13 AM

Hi julian,
Specs are now updated.
thanks,
Stefan/TWE

julian 02-21-2013 04:49 AM

It is wrong AGAIN
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWE Staff (Post 7227846)
Hi julian,
Specs are now updated.
thanks,
Stefan/TWE

One of two numbers 322 for 280 ----> 322
or
for 300 -----> 305

is wrong
I believe that for HIGHER WEIGHT the swingweight should be HIGHER
Please let me know you receive this message and relay to the person masking
measurements
Thank you
Julian

TWE Staff 02-21-2013 05:21 AM

now you talking about the 300g version?
Stefan/TWE

julian 02-21-2013 05:38 AM

I think the number for 280 is WRONG
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWE Staff (Post 7227917)
now you talking about the 300g version?
Stefan/TWE

Let me make it less confusing
I think the number for 280 is WRONG
It comes via the definition of the swingweight
The only way to resolve is to see whether your NEW machine
provides sensible numbers for OTHER rackets
To simplify I can send you an E-mail if you give me your E-mail address
There was a post by Barthelby(Bartelby) who was raising the similar issue

TWE Staff 02-21-2013 05:47 AM

We just measured the 280g version.
Strung:
stiffness: 66
weight: 300g
swingweight:322

Unstrung:
stiffness:67
weight:283g
swingweight:287

Why do you think the 300g version needs to have a higher swingweight?
The Extreme MP 2.0 has a higher swingweight than the Extreme Pro 2.0 and a lower weight.

thanks,
Stefan/TWE

julian 02-21-2013 06:00 AM

ONE more question?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWE Staff (Post 7227971)
We just measured the 280g version.
Strung:
stiffness: 66
weight: 300g
swingweight:322

Unstrung:
stiffness:67
weight:283g
swingweight:287

Why do you think the 300g version needs to have a higher swingweight?
The Extreme MP 2.0 has a higher swingweight than the Extreme Pro 2.0 and a lower weight.

thanks,
Stefan/TWE

Is
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Babo...BAB-APD13.html providing swingweight STRUNG or UNSTRUNG?

julian 02-21-2013 06:11 AM

Easy Test
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TWE Staff (Post 7227971)
We just measured the 280g version.
Strung:
stiffness: 66
weight: 300g
swingweight:322

Unstrung:
stiffness:67
weight:283g
swingweight:287

Why do you think the 300g version needs to have a higher swingweight?
The Extreme MP 2.0 has a higher swingweight than the Extreme Pro 2.0 and a lower weight.

thanks,
Stefan/TWE

The easy test for your new machine is like that:
if the swingweight (STRUNG) for Babolat Pure Drive 2013 is AROUND 316
I give UP-i.e I cannot prove anything about the Yonex case

TWE Staff 02-21-2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julian (Post 7228021)
The easy test for your new machine is like that:
if the swingweight (STRUNG) for Babolat Pure Drive 2013 is AROUND 316
I give UP-i.e I cannot prove anything about the Yonex case

The Pure Drive is closer to 308, right?
http://www.tenniswarehouse-europe.co...QDF-BPD11.html

thanks,
Stefan/TWE

TW Staff 02-21-2013 11:36 AM

Going to jump in here. Static weight is not the sole factor of a swingweight. How that weight is distributed in a racquet will affect swingweight much more. Racquets that have more mass in the head will have a higher swingweight. Take the Gamma Big Bubba. It weighs 10.4 oz strung (295g) but has a swingweight of 412. The Pro Staff 90 weighs 12.6 oz (357g) but has a swingweight of 327.

Tiffani, TW

Federerkblade 02-21-2013 12:47 PM

does the new rdc measure the swingweight on the pure drive as 308 ?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse