Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Junior League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Orange Bowl 2012 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=447317)

NLBwell 12-04-2012 12:01 PM

Orange Bowl 2012

http://www.usta.com/Youth-Tennis/Jun...championships/

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRANITECHIEF (Post 7046378)

Just thought it should have its own thread.

Nostradamus 12-04-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NLBwell (Post 7046556)
http://www.usta.com/Youth-Tennis/Jun...championships/

Just thought it should have its own thread.

OK sorry for my post

JLyon 12-04-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostradamus (Post 7046563)
Townsend is too fat to turn pro. so she is playing orange bowl. good thing, Oranges are not fattening.

shut up idiot, she just turned pro but that would be to hard for you to actually check, although I am sure you're just trying to a clown but you failed.

Number1Coach 12-05-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostradamus (Post 7046563)
Townsend is too fat to turn pro. so she is playing orange bowl. good thing, Oranges are not fattening.

Talked with Tay she is a real sweet girl and does not need the insults if she was a Bi#ch or something like TCF then let it fly I would help you !

NLBwell 12-05-2012 04:03 PM

Glad to hear she's such a nice girl. I really hope she does well. It can be really tough to get weight under control - but it is possible. It is more a mental and emotional issue than physical - and those are more difficult issues to deal with.
Several WTA are significantly overweight (Pavly..., etc.) and can still win on tour. However, I'm hoping Taylor Townsend can become great, to do that she will have to get in shape.

NLBwell 12-05-2012 04:29 PM

Glad Deiton got into the 3rd round. Beat two guys in the top 200. Looks like only one other American got through that far. Still steadily improving. Couple of years ago he was only in the top couple of hundred in California. He's still a long way off from the top, but he's got two years to be at the top of the juniors and possibly a couple years after that before he completely fills into his body. Maybe he'll top out soon like TCF says, but I don't see anything yet to show that. Right now, the road is still going upward.

HIGH-TECH TENNIS 12-05-2012 04:30 PM

Taylor is BEAUTIFUL! Please quit talking bad about her. Your words hurt ME and can you imagine how incredibly hurtful it would be if she ever read them???

Please leave her alone...You're probably just jealous of her but she is one fantastic girl and she deserves all the goodness the world has to give! GO TT---We're ALWAYS pulling for you, girl!! :) You're #1! Dig the lime green "MOVE YOUR FEET" wristband from HIGH-TECH TENNIS! :)

TCF 12-05-2012 04:49 PM

=======================

Nostradamus 12-05-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1Coach (Post 7048673)
Talked with Tay she is a real sweet girl and does not need the insults if she was a Bi#ch or something like TCF then let it fly I would help you !

ok, I aplogize

NLBwell 12-05-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCF (Post 7048772)

Could he be an exception? Sure, just like you could win the next powerball.

Oh, great! I can use the money.

Actually, I can't because I don't buy tickets. At least he is buying tickets.

TCF 12-05-2012 05:02 PM

=========================

maggmaster 12-06-2012 04:36 AM

Can't win if you don't play

ga tennis 12-06-2012 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NLBwell (Post 7048748)
Glad Deiton got into the 3rd round. Beat two guys in the top 200. Looks like only one other American got through that far. Still steadily improving. Couple of years ago he was only in the top couple of hundred in California. He's still a long way off from the top, but he's got two years to be at the top of the juniors and possibly a couple years after that before he completely fills into his body. Maybe he'll top out soon like TCF says, but I don't see anything yet to show that. Right now, the road is still going upward.

I agree. What Deit has done in the last year has been very impressive.

tball2day 12-06-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NLBwell (Post 7048748)
................Couple of years ago he was only in the top couple of hundred in California. He's still a long way off from the top, but he's got two years to be at the top of the juniors and possibly a couple years after that before he completely fills into his body. Maybe he'll top out soon like TCF says, but I don't see anything yet to show that. Right now, the road is still going upward.

If you are still playing juniors at almost 19 years old you are no where near the top of them.

Consistency is key to success which we have not seen by any measure. How about a single tournament win in the last several years. How many have there been in the last 24 months? Any? Each section has kids that win a single good match or two and ride the "legend status" from that right into mediocrity. A match here or there means nothing, play enough and any decent player has those. The ones winning event after event are the ones to watch.

TCF 12-06-2012 08:04 AM

============================

Bash and Crash 12-06-2012 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tball2day (Post 7049558)
If you are still playing juniors at almost 19 years old you are no where near the top of them.

Consistency is key to success which we have not seen by any measure. How about a single tournament win in the last several years. How many have there been in the last 24 months? Any? Each section has kids that win a single good match or two and ride the "legend status" from that right into mediocrity. A match here or there means nothing, play enough and any decent player has those. The ones winning event after event are the ones to watch.

How old is he? Thought DB was younger, junior in high school, your saying he will be almost 20 when he graduates?

TCF 12-06-2012 08:14 AM

========================

Bash and Crash 12-06-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCF (Post 7049644)
No he is saying the dad says he has "2 more years to play the Herr and OB". That would mean he would be almost 19 and still be playing them. He turns 17 in a few months.

The poster was saying if he is still playing jrs at age 19 these days it would mean he will not be a successful pro.

Got it, I would think it would pretty much be highest level juniors, and Futures from here on out. It's really interesting to see what a journeyman or lower ranked pro can do to a top flight junior. At the Tiburon challenger qualies, Mc Donald, Altamirano, no match.

GRANITECHIEF 12-06-2012 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bash and Crash (Post 7049654)
Got it, I would think it would pretty much be highest level juniors, and Futures from here on out. It's really interesting to see what a journeyman or lower ranked pro can do to a top flight junior. At the Tiburon challenger qualies, Mc Donald, Altamirano, no match.

Mackie lost to Greg Jones atp 373 in both Tib and Sac challengers quals, Sac was 4-6 in 3rd. He's also has two futures wins in doubs. He's 0 for 8 reaching main draw in futures quallies. He's showing promise at 17, getting great experience and will be getting ranking points soon.

Alta lost to Thatcher in Tib, was deep in almost every game, but inexperience won out. Also Thatcher (23) is on the upswing regularly winning rounds in futures lately. Alta is 16, 17 in a few days, and is 2 for 4 reaching reaching main draw in futures quallies. Very few guys without atp points are going to beat him these days. Also showing promise and will be getting ranked soon.

Nostradamus 12-06-2012 08:49 AM

So who is the NEXT American #1 in this batch of boys ? You guys see any young Andy Roddick, Federer or Nadal ?