Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Odds & Ends (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Are YOU prepared for the End of December 2012 Phenomenon? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=447345)

SoBad 12-04-2012 06:14 PM

Are YOU prepared for the End of December 2012 Phenomenon?
 
As we all know, the traditional Mayan calendar ends the world around December 21. Some Tibetan monks are suggesting that this will only be a reconstruction that will lead to a new and better world order, while NASA forecasts the solar peak only around March 2013.

Who do we trust and what do we make of the whole situation? I am slightly concerned about the integrity of the spacetime continuum and potential shifts into parallel universes in case of distortions in the continuum. I am also worried about a potential fifth dimension that we are not integrating into the spacetime continuum understanding of our everyday lives.

Doubles 12-04-2012 06:22 PM

Nothing's going to happen.

norbac 12-04-2012 06:26 PM

Is the are of Uzbekistan safe from all of this at all?

SoBad 12-04-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doubles (Post 7047144)
Nothing's going to happen.

It's tough to make predictions, isn't it - especially about the future...

SoBad 12-04-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norbac (Post 7047153)
Is the are of Uzbekistan safe from all of this at all?

If you mean "area", then I can tell you that Uzbekistan has a pronounced 3rd dimension because of the mountains. This tends to hamper the 4th dimension and can also hamper or preclude altogether the 5th dimension. Are you moving there this month?

PCXL-Fan 12-04-2012 07:00 PM

Evil nitwits Uzbekhistan are responsible for fabricating lies about safety from 2012 Mayan Apocalypse . Come to glorious nation of Kazakhstan and enjoy fermented horse urine, disco dance and #1 exporter of human pubis.

Waawaaa wee waaa

Nostradamus 12-04-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoBad (Post 7047139)
As we all know, the traditional Mayan calendar ends the world around December 21. Some Tibetan monks are suggesting that this will only be a reconstruction that will lead to a new and better world order, while NASA forecasts the solar peak only around March 2013.

Who do we trust and what do we make of the whole situation? I am slightly concerned about the integrity of the spacetime continuum and potential shifts into parallel universes in case of distortions in the continuum. I am also worried about a potential fifth dimension that we are not integrating into the spacetime continuum understanding of our everyday lives.

Obviously, no one knows what will or won't happen. but we do know that we have been experiencing more and more severe weather due to global warming. and there is a very fine balance. Earth can absorb only so much abuse before the balance comes crashing down. When that happens, you won't want to be around to witness it.
So we need to pay more attention to what we are doing and making changes even if it means lowering our living standards.

norbac 12-04-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoBad (Post 7047162)
If you mean "area", then I can tell you that Uzbekistan has a pronounced 3rd dimension because of the mountains. This tends to hamper the 4th dimension and can also hamper or preclude altogether the 5th dimension. Are you moving there this month?

I will refrain from answering that question until I can respond with a "yes".

SoBad 12-04-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCXL-Fan (Post 7047201)
Evil nitwits Uzbekhistan are responsible for fabricating lies about safety from 2012 Mayan Apocalypse . Come to glorious nation of Kazakhstan and enjoy fermented horse urine, disco dance and #1 exporter of human pubis.

Waawaaa wee waaa

I have developed some interest in horse urine after taking a sip of gatorade for the first (and hopefully last) time.

SoBad 12-04-2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostradamus (Post 7047209)
Obviously, no one knows what will or won't happen. but we do know that we have been experiencing more and more severe weather due to global warming. and there is a very fine balance. Earth can absorb only so much abuse before the balance comes crashing down. When that happens, you won't want to be around to witness it.
So we need to pay more attention to what we are doing and making changes even if it means lowering our living standards.

I do agree that the growing and increasingly industrialised population hurts the environment. We are not talking about that here though - we are looking at a bigger picture. We are examining the spacetime continuum, the 5th dimension, things like black holes, and the practical implications for the ordinary folks such as myself.

zapvor 12-04-2012 08:08 PM

i think you worded the thread wrong....

SoBad 12-04-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapvor (Post 7047281)
i think you worded the thread wrong....

So how do we make this right? We only have a couple of weeks to go...

r2473 12-04-2012 08:55 PM

I'm following Prince's Y2K advice:

http://www.80svideos.tv/play.php?vid=162

chrischris 12-05-2012 04:55 AM

The decline of life is more subtle than some idea of a certain date.

spaceman_spiff 12-05-2012 07:32 AM

I've managed to survive several apocalypses in my relatively short life, so I'm pretty confident about my chances with this one.

I've got a couple of ski trips booked for January, which is how I'll be celebrating (assuming I survive December).

KenC 12-05-2012 09:09 AM

I'm stocking up on champagne for my end of December phenomenon. Like usual I will get so loaded that space and time become irrelevant as I float in and out of many parallel universes.

SoBad 12-05-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenC (Post 7048026)
I'm stocking up on champagne for my end of December phenomenon. Like usual I will get so loaded that space and time become irrelevant as I float in and out of many parallel universes.

Prosecco just doesn't cut it, does it, when it comes to celebrating the end of the world.

KenC 12-05-2012 09:41 PM

Prosecco??? That's for the other 99%.

chrischris 12-06-2012 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doubles (Post 7047144)
Nothing's going to happen.

Many things will hapen but not of any importance in relation to 'doomsday idea' of abrupt end of the world.

The dismantling of life is a longer process and its happens quietly. Has started according to observations and measurements already im afraid.

vil 12-06-2012 01:14 AM

Yes, I'm prepared for the end of 2012 December. I have paid all bills, sold all my assets gave all the money to poor people, quit the job, sold both cars and told my hated neighbours I love them. Now I'm ready to face the end.......:)


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse