Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Reunited (Volkl) and it feels so........ (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=447387)

richie65 12-05-2012 09:19 AM

Reunited (Volkl) and it feels so........

.......good!

I'm back playing Volkl after a year away and the results have been awesome. However, things have changed because I'm now playing with a DNX9 rather than all the 10 series that I played before.

I'm really liking the comfort and the solidness, stability and now with the lighter 9 series a little more pace on my serve. So why did I go away you ask? Well one serious reason was too much TennisMaverick. That guy drove me nuts! Another reason was that Organix 10 that in no way resembled previous 10 series. Big mistake.

In the year or so away I played Tecnifibre 325 (too stiff and gave me a sore arm), Prince Diablo Mid (too heavy as I practice rarely, but a seriously great racquet) and Yonex 95D (still have them in the bag, but we're just not talking, still a great racquet too)

So for now I'm back with my original partner and playing some great tennis. I hope the second honeymoon continues for a long time.

Timbo's hopeless slice 12-05-2012 01:06 PM

lol, goodluck!

Volkl 9s, man... :)

mjnchen 12-05-2012 06:44 PM

I have both DNX 9 and pb 9. And actually I prefer DNX 9 a little bit.

gonzalocatalino 12-06-2012 07:02 AM

well, im back with volkl too, stop using the tour 10 gen2 in 2007 or 2008 (i dont remember the exact date). Played with POGs and prestiges mostly...
In november ive switched to Volkl again and probably ill keep playing the C10 Pro (got 3 2008 and 3 2012 frames) for many years...

jankustra 12-06-2012 11:02 AM

I am PB10MID and BB11MID user... I can not use mid plus frame... It doesnt feell right in my hands... but volkl 4ever!!!

TennisCJC 12-06-2012 08:41 PM

Playing volkl org 10 295 but customized to 12.1, 6HL, sw335 for almost 2 years now. Just demo-ed new dunlop f3.0, m3.0, wilson ps 6.1 95 w/lead on head, and TF 320. The volkl is just a better racket. Quality instrument - good power, good spin, very precise and very comfortable. I only demo-ed the others because I wanted to see what the new dunlops are like - they are good but not as good as the volkl

I think volkl sometimes has a rep as an old guys racket but they are a cut above in my view. The thin beam o10 actually plays with a more modern feel - very solid feel for 20mm beam.

anirut 12-06-2012 11:40 PM

Tour 10 VE Mid ... simply sublime.

pjonesy 12-07-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennisCJC (Post 7050826)
Playing volkl org 10 295 but customized to 12.1, 6HL, sw335 for almost 2 years now. Just demo-ed new dunlop f3.0, m3.0, wilson ps 6.1 95 w/lead on head, and TF 320. The volkl is just a better racket. Quality instrument - good power, good spin, very precise and very comfortable. I only demo-ed the others because I wanted to see what the new dunlops are like - they are good but not as good as the volkl

I think volkl sometimes has a rep as an old guys racket but they are a cut above in my view. The thin beam o10 actually plays with a more modern feel - very solid feel for 20mm beam.

I've played with the PB V1 mid+, the PB 10 mid and I've demoed the Organix 10 (325g). I am currently playing with the Donnay x dual core Gold 99. The only brand I would switch to, would be Volkl. To me, the Volkl's are constructed very well, have excellent feel and obviously are known for their comfort.

I've tried 2 of the Prince frames(Rebel 98,EXO3 Tour 18x20) and they just don't have the right feel. I lose control because I can't feel the ball.

Have any of you Volkl guys played with any of the new Donnays?

gonzalocatalino 12-07-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjonesy (Post 7052083)
I've played with the PB V1 mid+, the PB 10 mid and I've demoed the Organix 10 (325g). I am currently playing with the Donnay x dual core Gold 99. The only brand I would switch to, would be Volkl. To me, the Volkl's are constructed very well, have excellent feel and obviously are known for their comfort.

I've tried 2 of the Prince frames(Rebel 98,EXO3 Tour 18x20) and they just don't have the right feel. I lose control because I can't feel the ball.

I've played with the x platinum... Nice feeling, good control but did not worked for me.

ericsson 12-08-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjonesy (Post 7052083)

Yes and to be honest i was quite dissapointed, i've only tested the new Pro One 97 (16x19) and it was not what i've expected.
Feel of the racket was ok but the powerlevel was way too high, didnt feel full bodied like my T10 or a C10 pro.
It felt rather tinny, (not to mention the very bad paintjob quality.)
Strange that this racket was praised so high here on TT...

pjonesy 12-08-2012 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericsson (Post 7053139)
Yes i to be honest i was quite dissapointed, i've only tested the new Pro One 97 (16x19) and it was not what i've expected.
Feel of the racket was ok but the powerlevel was way too high, didnt feel full bodied like my T10 or a C10 pro.
It felt rather tinny, (not to mention the very bad paintjob quality.)
Strange that this racket was praised so high here on TT...

I did demo the Pro One 97(16x19). It felt very sturdy to me, but it didn't stand out in any category. You obviously were more critical, but I wasn't impressed either. Bottom line, IMO its a level below the x series or x dual core racquets. I also tried the Formula 100 and it was nothing special either.

But you might consider the Dual Core Gold or Platinum. They would probably be closer to the C10 in balance, feel and stability.

tball 12-08-2012 11:04 PM

I've tried a few, and found most of them uncontrollable. Pro One 16x19 was disappointing as well. But I love X-Blue 99 (its feel and power level are just perfect for me, even though it sprays the balls a bit), and am having good results with Dual Pro 97.
Good comments above: for a foam-filled frames, they are not as full-bodied as the better Volkls.

morandi 12-09-2012 07:22 AM

I have been back playing on my Becker Pro, which is basically a Volkl. I love the solid contact feel, large sweet spot, such an easy racquet to play with. Sorry they don't make them anymore. I love the whole Volkl handle system, and the soft buttcap. I could play for hours everyday, and not feel any soreness.

Timbo's hopeless slice 12-09-2012 12:43 PM

that's a big part of it, isn't it? I played 6 hours of tennis yesterday, and my legs are killing me, but my arm is fine...

I find turning up for a match with my Volkl bag freaks out my younger opponents. Bizarre, but handy! :)

tom4ny 12-11-2012 05:06 AM

I have an X9 on the way and am very excited to play test this frame :)

pjonesy 12-14-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tball (Post 7053913)
I've tried a few, and found most of them uncontrollable. Pro One 16x19 was disappointing as well. But I love X-Blue 99 (its feel and power level are just perfect for me, even though it sprays the balls a bit), and am having good results with Dual Pro 97.
Good comments above: for a foam-filled frames, they are not as full-bodied as the better Volkls.

I really couldn't agree with you more about the Blue 99. When I 1st got the Blue 99, I had been playing with the Dark Red 94.

IMO, the Dark Red 94 is a very maneuverable, precise, low power racquet. It was fantastic on kick and slice serves. Lot of spin and control on the serve. Just too unstable on returns and groundstrokes.

The Blue 99 is the holy grail for me, as far as the way it felt in my hand, along with the best swing i've ever felt on a racquet. I could feel the weight transfer of the racquet through the stroke and it is supremely stable. Very powerful, very true, predictable and consistent.

If you catch the ball late, it will fly. Not as forgiving on serve. Great for return of serve and hitting heavy, hard groundstrokes with depth,spin and pace. The swing weight on this racquet is absolutely perfect for me. On 1 handed backhands, it's a little harder to pull through, especially if you are rushed. Perfect for the 2hander.