Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Websites for cheap racquets?? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=447437)

PowayPride21 12-05-2012 08:48 PM

Websites for cheap racquets??
 
Hey,

I want to buy my girlfriend a tennis racquet for Christmas. The thing is, she's a real beginner, probably a 3.0 or 3.5. I'm looking for either cheap new racquets (which I recognize is practically impossible to find) or where some of the old models are still being sold.

I want to get her a players racquet, but don't really want to spend $150 on one.

jonestim 12-05-2012 09:07 PM

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/liqr...=null&x=11&y=7

Select her grip size and go.

pheonix6579 12-06-2012 05:06 AM

Why a players racket? if she is a real beginner, not only would she be lower than a 3.5, but the demands of a players frame might cause more frustration that benefit and possibly have arm health implications

Power Player 12-06-2012 05:12 AM

Buy her one here. You can get her a brand new Radical MP for under $90.

PowayPride21 12-06-2012 10:18 AM

She's playing with my old Yonex RQiS 1 and doing really well, I just know that it would benefit to get her something with a little more power and definitely a head size of 100. I don't think you can really improve as dramatically or get a good feel for the game with a racquet from Big 5.

PowayPride21 12-06-2012 12:16 PM

Sorry, where?

pshulam 12-06-2012 12:41 PM

All less than $100.
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/catpage-liqracs.html

The Babalot Pure Storm GT may fit.

Andyroo10567 12-06-2012 03:51 PM

I think hes looking for a local shop. I think i heard of this one online store that sells plenty of racquets for cheap and used racquets for cheap. I think its called like Tennis warehouse or something. I'm pretty sure they own this forum. Idk.

db10s 12-06-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyroo10567 (Post 7050445)
I think hes looking for a local shop. I think i heard of this one online store that sells plenty of racquets for cheap and used racquets for cheap. I think its called like Tennis warehouse or something. I'm pretty sure they own this forum. Idk.

You sure? I thought it was TW. Or is that the same thing? And is this TW a website? haha....

nyc 12-06-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timbo's hopeless slice (Post 7050114)
this would be much, much better, however :
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Dunl...NLOP-D4D5.html

THIS.

It's perfect racquet for a beginner and someone who's "improving". I know a number of 2.5-3.5 women who are perfectly happy with this stick.


End of thread.

Francis27 12-06-2012 05:03 PM

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Dunl...LOP-D4D3L.html

Brian11785 12-07-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowayPride21 (Post 7049864)
She's playing with my old Yonex RQiS 1 and doing really well, I just know that it would benefit to get her something with a little more power and definitely a head size of 100. I don't think you can really improve as dramatically or get a good feel for the game with a racquet from Big 5.

This is a very demanding racquet. If you could get your hands on one of the lighter RQIS line racquets (even a switch from the RQIS 1 Tour to the RQIS Tour XL 95, which is only a little bit lighter) makes a difference in racquet-head speed.

But, generally, the Prince racquets around 10 oz. and 100-105 head size are racquets that most beginners can do well with for a long time.

PowayPride21 12-07-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyc (Post 7050495)
THIS.

It's perfect racquet for a beginner and someone who's "improving". I know a number of 2.5-3.5 women who are perfectly happy with this stick.


End of thread.

That dunlop is the one that I've been thinking about getting. Seems to be a good fit for that level. Whoever said the Babolat Pure Storm GT must have a girlfriend with big arms.

The Meat 12-07-2012 10:24 AM

Don't forget that TW has a used racquet section, a lot of racquets in good condition. I remember seeing a Wilson K 95 for $60 and previous Dunlop 300,200 models for around $60-80

MikeHitsHard93 12-07-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowayPride21 (Post 7051603)
That dunlop is the one that I've been thinking about getting. Seems to be a good fit for that level. Whoever said the Babolat Pure Storm GT must have a girlfriend with big arms.

The pure storm gt isn't heavy. It would be fine for just about any player.

db10s 12-07-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeHitsHard93 (Post 7051717)
The pure storm gt isn't heavy. It would be fine for just about any player.

Power level.....

sureshs 12-07-2012 12:57 PM

I wouldn't buy anyone a tennis racket. Everybody's preference is different. It is better to somehow get her to demo and then buy, through a gift certificate or something like that.

BruceG 12-07-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowayPride21 (Post 7049065)
Hey,

I want to buy my girlfriend a tennis racquet for Christmas. The thing is, she's a real beginner, probably a 3.0 or 3.5. I'm looking for either cheap new racquets (which I recognize is practically impossible to find) or where some of the old models are still being sold.

I want to get her a players racquet, but don't really want to spend $150 on one.

You're buying the racquet for her, not you. So ditch the idea of a player's racquet because she's not a a player, she's a beginner. Let her pick something she likes the look of, no matter what the label on it is.

And seriously dude - you've never heard of TW or the big auction site?

_skunk_ 12-07-2012 04:12 PM

My wife is perfectly happy with this one, she's a beginner as well.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Prin...RINCE-TTB.html

Big sweet spot, spin machine, nice weight for a beginner lady even with 10 grams of lead in the handle to make it more manovrable, sometimes when i got lazy i use it myself, and seriously i had toughts to switch to it with a little more lead added in the handle and in the head.

A real beginner does not need a player racket, she does not have yet the technique to handle it correctly and for more than 30 minutes, something more appropriate to her skill level (something that helps her to send back and deep the ball) will give her better results with conseguently more fun and then if she improves fast a little adjustment on the weight and there you are ready for new adventures.

For 150 $ you buy her 2 rackets and a bag.

Further good options for beginner, on sale at tw:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Volk...KL-PBV1OS.html
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Head...CHEAD-LM4.html
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Volk...OLKL-VPB7.html

this one is even at 30 $ new, ok it's really girlish

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Wils...SON-WBLXC.html

personally i would not show myself with it ......

There are so many options here, and the reputation of the site is just excellent as you can read in the forum.

tennis005 12-07-2012 04:23 PM

Honestly you can never go wrong with a Head Liquidmetal or Microgel Radical OS!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse