Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   What happened to Granville? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=447476)

donnayblack99 12-06-2012 10:14 AM

What happened to Granville?
 
Where's Gran? Hasn't been on any reviews as of late... is he on IR? :)

TW Staff 12-06-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donnayblack99 (Post 7049858)
Where's Gran? Hasn't been on any reviews as of late... is he on IR? :)

Granville is currently nursing a shoulder injury, but we will be back soon.

Andy, TW

jorel 12-06-2012 11:40 AM

curse dem polys

Boricua 12-06-2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7050007)
Granville is currently nursing a shoulder injury, but we will be back soon.

Andy, TW

Get him a nice Volkl or Pro Kennex with gut/poly when he comes back. Hope he gets better.

db10s 12-06-2012 04:25 PM

Have him do a few vids.... Maybe a vlog or something.

jorel 12-07-2012 04:44 AM

maybe he needs to go back to his heavier Wilson 6.1???

Boricua 12-07-2012 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorel (Post 7051149)
maybe he needs to go back to his heavier Wilson 6.1???

What racket was he using before the injury?

jorel 12-07-2012 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boricua (Post 7051208)
What racket was he using before the injury?

well i know he switched to the prestige from the wilson

jorel 12-07-2012 05:45 AM

but dont know if the lighter presitge caused it

Bartelby 12-07-2012 05:48 AM

As the Doctor said to Graville while doing a procedure on his shoulder: 'It's a scalpel'.

anirut 12-07-2012 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartelby (Post 7051216)
As the Doctor said to Graville while doing a procedure on his shoulder: 'It's a scalpel'.

:lol:

But it doesn't come stock with leather grip. Sorry about that. :shock:

BTW, I love leather grip too!

Get well soon!

Boricua 12-07-2012 06:10 AM

He liked the Vcore Tour 89 alot. He should go to that one and use gut/poly.

jorel 12-07-2012 07:18 AM

ive had shoulder probelms before when going lighter... with a lighter racquet..u have to accelerate the racquet faster for equivalent pop and the increased accelration/contact chaos could have caused arm issues

i say chaos cuz usually with a lighter racquet the contact/impact is more violent

with a heavy racquet,,,the contact is more stable and controlled and less chaotic

twbuyer 12-07-2012 08:36 AM

Checking in
 
Thanks for the notes here - Tiff just shared the thread with me. You all are awesome - I feel missed.
9 weeks post shoulder surgery (bone spur was grinding away at my shoulder tendon.) My tennis elbow may have been a result of my adjusting to shoulder pain. Elbow now fine and shoulder feeling much better.
Started hitting again three weeks ago - twice this week - starting to feel good again. Still no heat on my serves - that will take a while.
Has given me time to re-evaluate everything, racquet weight, balance, string - everything. Have tested all the new sticks and I've now narrowed it down to just one or two - no more 6.1's for me (in the near future anyway.) I am amazed at how sensitive I am to just one or one and a half ounces - really an eye opener. As soon as the playtest team asks me, I'm back in mix. Happy to share all my testing - the racquet I am favoring is one I've never thought I'd play with.........
Again - thanks for thinking of me.

Gran, TW

Power Player 12-07-2012 08:47 AM

oooo, a bit of a racquet tease. I like this.

donnayblack99 12-07-2012 10:47 AM

Good to see you on your way back. You can borrow my Wilson T-2000... flexy and a m!@#! f#$%#! haha. Seriously... get well soon.

Boricua 12-07-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twbuyer (Post 7051462)
Thanks for the notes here - Tiff just shared the thread with me. You all are awesome - I feel missed.
9 weeks post shoulder surgery (bone spur was grinding away at my shoulder tendon.) My tennis elbow may have been a result of my adjusting to shoulder pain. Elbow now fine and shoulder feeling much better.
Started hitting again three weeks ago - twice this week - starting to feel good again. Still no heat on my serves - that will take a while.
Has given me time to re-evaluate everything, racquet weight, balance, string - everything. Have tested all the new sticks and I've now narrowed it down to just one or two - no more 6.1's for me (in the near future anyway.) I am amazed at how sensitive I am to just one or one and a half ounces - really an eye opener. As soon as the playtest team asks me, I'm back in mix. Happy to share all my testing - the racquet I am favoring is one I've never thought I'd play with.........
Again - thanks for thinking of me.

Gran, TW

Hope its not the APD GT:)

donnayblack99 12-07-2012 11:57 AM

Gran is the man
 
Granville- I've had two arthroscopic surgeries on my elbow and shoulder which ended my NCAA career. I played with the Wilson PS Classic 6.1 since about 1992 all the way throug college and up to 2000. That stick is a monster that will do hidden damage to your arm/shoulder that you won't feel for years later! I got those sticks with my player package and still have a couple left. How about you and get a huge bonfire going and put these 6.1's to rest! Haha:)

Anyway, after consulting with my team doctor and an orthopaedic specialist who happens to be a USTA doctor on site at the US Open during tournament time, he's treated more tour players (both current and retired) who used 6.1's for elbow/shoulder injuries, than any other racquet.

He recommends a Volkl/Boris Becker and Prince sticks to up and coming junior kids and others who he treats...

Stay away from a poly and stay away from a Prestige- look long and hard at a POG or a Power Bridge 10 or even a BB Delta Core London Tour. Played with them all, all great sticks. Never had a problem since dropping the 6.1.

Love,
Somebody who has felt your pain!

Just sayin... :)

nyc 12-07-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twbuyer (Post 7051462)
the racquet I am favoring is one I've never thought I'd play with.........

Gran, TW

C'mooon, show us a bit more leg please! Don't leave us hanging with just a cankle.

And speedy convalescence!

TheCheese 12-07-2012 02:48 PM

Maybe give the low tensions a try.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse