Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Prince Triple Threat Bandit Users? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=447543)

mbm0912 12-07-2012 06:13 AM

Prince Triple Threat Bandit Users?

Any current users or played at one time? What did you like about it, what made you switch? Seems to be a pretty good intermediate racquet, no?

sansaephanh 12-07-2012 11:56 AM

they don't make em anymore thats why lol.

It's ridiculously hard to locate the 95. I have to admit that i probably played some of my best tennis with that stick, but someone stole it from my friends car and I haven't found one since.

kimguroo 12-07-2012 07:33 PM

I have not hit Bandit MP but OS racket is very nice and it's cheap.
It has nice power for me. When I changed to bandit OS, I can see faster forehands, backhands and serves. I put fish sinkers to make almost even balance though. Strung with Gamma ruff @57lbs. If I don't go back to Japanese rebel 95 and 105, I might use bandit OS rackets for rest of my life haha.

tennisnj 12-08-2012 01:10 PM

I played with the Bandit OS after college until I bulked up & moved onto a heavier racquet (Volkl & Becker V1s). Solid intermediate racquet which I'd recommend to any beginner as well. Terrific price.

BlueB 12-08-2012 04:06 PM

281g, 337 sw, 6 hh, extended length, you got to be kidding me?! My elbow is hurting just from looking at those specs...
Why not spend just few $ more and have something ftom o3 range? Most have playable specs out of the box...

goran_ace 12-09-2012 07:40 AM

If that's the racket you already have then it is more than fine, no need to look around. If you are going to seek one out to buy, keep in mind your other options.

BlueB 12-09-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goran_ace (Post 7054290)
If that's the racket you already have then it is more than fine, no need to look around. If you are going to seek one out to buy, keep in mind your other options.

Actually, what he said... If you already had this and are fine with how it plays, without hurting yourself, just carry on!
However, if just starting with it from scratch, I'd add 40-50g of silicone/led into the handle.

SteveI 12-09-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueB (Post 7053433)
281g, 337 sw, 6 hh, extended length, you got to be kidding me?! My elbow is hurting just from looking at those specs...
Why not spend just few $ more and have something ftom o3 range? Most have playable specs out of the box...

The frame is quite easy on the arm. My daughter plays DIII tennis with it. I string hers with MCS... or Wilson Hollow Core

GS 12-09-2012 02:15 PM

A friend of mine is a 5.0 and plays national doubles tournaments with the Bandit OS and cheap Gosen string, and does pretty well with that combo. (I love it when a good player is out there with cheap racquets and strings, beating his opponents with all their expensive gear.)

Prodigy1234 12-09-2012 02:45 PM

John, one of TW's old playtester, was a 4.5 player who used the Bandit OS

_skunk_ 12-13-2012 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveI (Post 7054731)
The frame is quite easy on the arm. My daughter plays DIII tennis with it. I string hers with MCS... or Wilson Hollow Core

Terrific racket, but the frame is not easy on arms, i did the big mistake to play in stock form stringed with prince syntetic gut a 28 kg, and i got the tennis elbow.

After recovery ecc ecc ecc, being aware why tennis elbow ecc ecc.... start to play again with easy arm rackets and ..... then after long time i decided to mess up with customization.

Such a light racket was the perfect base to start with.
Adding weight in the handle and at 3 and 9, i transformed into a 335g 5 poings hl. strung with a nice multifilament at 25 kg and it plays beautifully and no problems with the arm, the added weight makes it more solid.
I found it a nice serving racket and nice power from the back.

I have also the OS, Os is customized at 330g 2 points hl and I strung it with the same multifilament of the mid at 30 kg. it's easies on arm.
It's a spin machine, big sweet spot and very nice power, i've to say that i love hitting with this racket.

Both are nice rackets, really underrated compared to a lot of following and more famous models from the same brand, but for me after experiencing 9 mounths stop of tennis because of the elbow, they are just a good base for customization, for that this rackets are just perfect, i would not play again in stock form such a light and stiff racket and I would never string it tight again and for arm heath reason poly on that racket are strictly prohibited.

I've seen some teaching pros giving tennis lesson and drilling with their trainees, with this racket, they hit hard with not problems, probably they want something lighter than their main racket in order to stay longer hours on the court.
I presume they got it for free from the pro-shop serving at the tennisclub, but they would not have use it if it would not be good enough for them.

That's my expecience with this racket.