Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Tourna Poly Big Hitter..feelings? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=447634)

EastAngels2014 12-08-2012 11:32 AM

Tourna Poly Big Hitter..feelings?

What does this string play like, the price is very economical, i am a high school player so a cheap poly that plays well would be ideal. How is this string?

arche3 12-08-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastAngels2014 (Post 7053134)
What does this string play like, the price is very economical, i am a high school player so a cheap poly that plays well would be ideal. How is this string?

Too springy. Bh silver smooth probably best of the bunch. Most controlled one.

DarkCloud 12-08-2012 04:12 PM

BHSR and BHS play very much like alu power rough and alu power, respectively. They play quite stiff and crisp, spin and control are great. I really like the feel myself, but it's a matter of personal preference, so try out the silver rough yourself.

Overheadsmash 12-08-2012 04:22 PM

I have reels of the Black 7 in 16, silver rough in 17, and blue rough in 16. I like the black 7 the best. It lasts for a good two weeks, is very comfortable, and generates incredible spin. I string it around 50 lbs in a Prestige midplus and around 52 in my prestige pro.

Silver rough and blue rough are nice too, but the rough texture wears out fast.

Tmano 12-08-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastAngels2014 (Post 7053134)

I really like the bhs which is a low power (but not super low) control oriented string and it ha a nice control. crisp string right after strung, good spin, good for flatting out shots, decent feel. maybe the serve can be affected a bit by the string...you might not get lot of power. depending on which racquet you are planning on put them on the string bed could be stiff. i use a microgel prestige mp and the string worked best around 45 and 46lbs.
the silver rough is more powerful and softer the the original silver.
i like much better the bhs for my game.

fortun8son 12-08-2012 11:31 PM

The Silver is a fine, firm all-around poly. I like the 17.
Blue is softer and more powerful.
Blue Rough is Crazy Spinny and runs thin(17=18,16=17)
Black 7 is controlled spinny.
They are all bargains especially by the reel.

danotje 12-09-2012 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overheadsmash (Post 7053450)

That's funny...I found the direct opposite with the Black's profile wearing down quicker. I haven't tried Silver, but both the B7 and BR in 17. Both play well with the Black coming in softer/more springy and feeling better right from the start. I actually didn't like the BR at first as it was very boardy, but couldn't stop thinking about the spin after I cut it out. I still had a half set and just strung it up in a hybrid, but with lower tension (54lbs), and now I love it! Kind of surprised, really, given how much I didn't like it in the beginning. Really wanted the Black to work out, but like I said, the profile wore too quickly in my experience. No matter which way you go, I think the strings are great bang for the buck, though.

roadworkky 12-09-2012 07:19 AM

Try volkyl cyclone. $7.99/ pack and a great string!

rafafan20 12-09-2012 07:22 AM

I love Blue Rough in a low powered racket

anubis 12-10-2012 05:27 AM

I have a reel of BHB7 17. Great string, but its not low powered. I'm currently experimenting with 56 lbs. A lot of my shots are ending up long @ 52 and 54 lbs.

But I also find I have less spin @ 56 lbs. so its a trade off.

Otherwise its the perfect string for me.

jman32 12-18-2012 08:37 AM

alu power replacement

Quote:

Originally Posted by Overheadsmash (Post 7053450)
I have reels of the Black 7 in 16, silver rough in 17, and blue rough in 16. I like the black 7 the best. It lasts for a good two weeks, is very comfortable, and generates incredible spin. I string it around 50 lbs in a Prestige midplus and around 52 in my prestige pro.

i use the prestige pro (prostock version), direction control and power are most important to me (assuming there reasonable spin), i am a aggressive all court player, which would be the best bet: silver, silver rough, blue, rough, or black. and which is the best gauge?

please estimate how many hours your suggestion will last (i know everyone is different)

my all time favorite string in Alu power, full bed, 48 pound CP. i am using M2 plus (1.30mm) at 48/46 pounds CP since i got a reel very cheap. works well, just not quite as good as alu power

thanks for the input

NetNinja68 12-18-2012 07:06 PM

They are all solid performing economical polys. I actually have 4 racquets strung with either blue, silver or black. I've found them to be on par with many higher priced polys.

EastAngels2014 12-19-2012 09:35 AM

Has anybody put it in a hybrid with Wilson sensation?

swfh 12-19-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jman32 (Post 7069069)
i use the prestige pro (prostock version), direction control and power are most important to me (assuming there reasonable spin), i am a aggressive all court player, which would be the best bet: silver, silver rough, blue, rough, or black. and which is the best gauge?

please estimate how many hours your suggestion will last (i know everyone is different)

my all time favorite string in Alu power, full bed, 48 pound CP. i am using M2 plus (1.30mm) at 48/46 pounds CP since i got a reel very cheap. works well, just not quite as good as alu power

thanks for the input

I'd also like to know

derickyan 12-19-2012 12:45 PM

yeah, everything is good but i prefer lower power for this string. i strung it at 55 lbs too

alidisperanza 12-27-2012 10:47 AM

Currently my string of choice. Of the Big hitter my preference runs as follows

Black 7
Silver
Blue

Overheadsmash 12-28-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jman32 (Post 7069069)

thanks for the input

I like Silver rough in the 17, and the black in the 16. No matter how much or how little I play with them, they seem to lose some of their "pop" after 2-3 weeks. The black has seven sharp edges that bite into the ball and those edges last a long, long time. The silver rough texture is usually gone within a week but the strings still play fine. I string these both around 50 lbs, but might go up to 52 or 53 when it is really hot in the summer.

fortun8son 12-28-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EastAngels2014 (Post 7070720)
Has anybody put it in a hybrid with Wilson sensation?

Since the Sensation is so powerful, I'd probably combine it with the reg Silver.