Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Junior League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   13 year old boxer prodigy MMA fighter similarities to tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=447850)

Pro_Tour_630 12-10-2012 04:04 PM

13 year old boxer prodigy MMA fighter similarities to tennis
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbmbScZgZD8

what are the similarities that I gathered from this video to produce a champion.

2 hour of training 5 times a week for a total 12 hours a week.

parents coaching kids, then taking them to best trainers in world.

wanna be the best gotta put the time,

the kickboxing trainer who was torturing his students which is boarder line child abuse, we have seen our share or nutty parents/trainers in tennis.

And finally,,,,,,,fighters are born not made, are tennis players born to become champions or are they made?

Number1Coach 12-10-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro_Tour_630 (Post 7056631)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbmbScZgZD8

what are the similarities that I gathered from this video to produce a champion.

2 hour of training 5 times a week for a total 12 hours a week.

parents coaching kids, then taking them to best trainers in world.

wanna be the best gotta put the time,

the kickboxing trainer who was torturing his students which is boarder line child abuse, we have seen our share or nutty parents/trainers in tennis.

And finally,,,,,,,fighters are born not made, are tennis players born to become champions or are they made?

I believe they are born/ made , I believe they are born with some bonuses such as speed , height , strength , anticipation some anger ect.. but these bonuses can be built also , you may never be Bolt in the 100 but lets say you put in the time and hard work and ran a high 10 or 11 that would be great but you may not have that extra bonus Bolt was born with and never see a low 10 or 9 .

I love this video you put up love the kids attitude .

TCF 12-10-2012 04:35 PM

=======================================

Pro_Tour_630 12-10-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1Coach (Post 7056675)
I believe they are born/ made , I believe they are born with some bonuses such as speed , height , strength , anticipation some anger ect.. but these bonuses can be built also , you may never be Bolt in the 100 but lets say you put in the time and hard work and ran a high 10 or 11 that would be great but you may not have that extra bonus Bolt was born with and never see a low 10 or 9 .

I love this video you put up love the kids attitude .

do you think this kid will become a Pro boxer or Pro MMA fighter who earns millions? can we predict at 13 year olds on who will be a pro champion? I knew you'd like the video :-)

Pro_Tour_630 12-10-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCF (Post 7056682)
Thats light weight stuff, our training sessions are tougher than those. :twisted:

well we did not see what that two time world champion coach from Uzbekistan does, I bet it makes our 12 year olds look like alter boys :oops: or the coaches from Ajax what they do to their players to make them champions

there was a thread not tool long ago, how much is too much? five hours a day ? I think it is too much. Efficiency vs quantity ?

TCF 12-10-2012 05:34 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jigglypuff 12-10-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro_Tour_630 (Post 7056631)

2 hour of training 5 times a week for a total 12 hours a week.

It's got to be more... this is nothing.

maggmaster 12-11-2012 04:39 AM

Actually that's pretty good if you are just talking fight training. Road work and gym work are usually separate.

Number1Coach 12-11-2012 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro_Tour_630 (Post 7056810)
do you think this kid will become a Pro boxer or Pro MMA fighter who earns millions? can we predict at 13 year olds on who will be a pro champion? I knew you'd like the video :-)

its possible , its the road I have taken with DB , what they do with a kid when the kid has the goods proper technique ,hunger they usually protect them and groom them , not to many fights, light schedule but keep him competitive "sparring" they will have him fight golden gloves , maybe Olympics ect. then look to turn pro .

One of the mistakes I see in tennis is overplayed , kids with solid technique when their young are drenched in tourneys , example a kid in our area won OB and EH back to back and in 1 calender year he played some 50 tourneys as many as 2 a week through the summer , this kid was mentally tough but lacked in some areas technically they should have worked on this he today would be a monster but he is going to college .

WoodIndoors 12-11-2012 07:28 AM

====================

widmerpool 12-11-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodIndoors (Post 7057611)

Light training one might say, Why do you think they have selected this path?

Because they know more about training than Type A American parents. And the kid enjoys it this way.

jigglypuff 12-11-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WoodIndoors (Post 7057611)
The best european 12 year old trains 2 hours a day 5 days a week max (plus couple of light physique sessions a week + team sports with friends once a week). Moves and hits the ball like I never seen anyone that age do before. Pure talent, both physically and tactically.

Light training one might say, Why do you think they have selected this path?

Yes.. if you have talent you can get away with it. For everyone else... you pretty much have to work your butt off.

BMC9670 12-11-2012 10:59 AM

Nice... kids from the ripe old age of 5 taking hundreds of blows to the head. The future is bright.

ahuimanu 12-11-2012 12:13 PM

...loved video and the kid's work ethic/desire but don't see the something "extra" to take him to the top level of the sport (boxing/MMA). Likewise, I think you need the something extra to separate yourself from the average to "make it" in sports and tennis specifically (foot/hand speed, timing, power, etc.).

Unlike tennis, being average in boxing/MMA will usually get you hurt :)

barringer97 12-11-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMC9670 (Post 7057979)
Nice... kids from the ripe old age of 5 taking hundreds of blows to the head. The future is bright.

Unreal right? There was a clip in there of a 5 year old getting 10 quick shots to the head. What a joke.

Number1Coach 12-11-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigglypuff (Post 7057649)
Yes.. if you have talent you can get away with it. For everyone else... you pretty much have to work your butt off.

BS , this guy named Fed had 3 , 2 hr hit sessions a day plus some gym work also this guy named Jordan practice up to 6 hrs a day and I believe these 2 were very talented and still are ! That's a lot of practice hrs for such talent .

jigglypuff 12-11-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number1Coach (Post 7058463)
BS , this guy named Fed had 3 , 2 hr hit sessions a day plus some gym work also this guy named Jordan practice up to 6 hrs a day and I believe these 2 were very talented and still are ! That's a lot of practice hrs for such talent .

When and how old? Definitely not at five and not at 8 when he started tennis or the subsequent years that he played other sports.

So maybe when he was in his early teens at an academy that he started to train like that. Now that is talent...

If your kid followed that route, would he be where he is today? Or is he where he is today because he just plain bust his azz since 5?

Number1Coach 12-11-2012 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jigglypuff (Post 7058504)
When and how old? Definitely not at five and not at 8 when he started tennis or the subsequent years that he played other sports.

So maybe when he was in his early teens at an academy that he started to train like that. Now that is talent...

If your kid followed that route, would he be where he is today? Or is he where he is today because he just plain bust his azz since 5?

Maybe I am hearing you wrong but and American kid i believe named Levine met to hit with Fed in Dubai a couple of years back , he said fed was finishing a 2 hr hit took a shower then hit with him for and 1 1/2 then ask if he could return later for a 2 hr hit after 6 pm , I understand why Fed is where he is at the talent is the discipline to work that hard .

db379 12-13-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro_Tour_630 (Post 7056631)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbmbScZgZD8

what are the similarities that I gathered from this video to produce a champion.

2 hour of training 5 times a week for a total 12 hours a week.

parents coaching kids, then taking them to best trainers in world.

wanna be the best gotta put the time,

the kickboxing trainer who was torturing his students which is boarder line child abuse, we have seen our share or nutty parents/trainers in tennis.

And finally,,,,,,,fighters are born not made, are tennis players born to become champions or are they made?

PT630,
Thanks for posting. Yes, all top athletes must put in a lot of hard work, talent only is not enough. Same in tennis, boxing, MMA or else.
Regarding your comment "fighters are born not made", I am not sure you are correct... have you heard of the super star MMA fighter Georges Saint-Pierre or GSP? I heard him say in an interview that he was a small, shy kid growing up and he was constantly being bullied around by other kids in school. He wasn't a fighter, he's rather flee or not respond. In fact because of this experience in his childhood, he started to practice martial arts. He is one of the smartest and most hard working athletes too. Now, he has become one of the most feared fighters in the UFC!

Pro_Tour_630 12-13-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by db379 (Post 7061545)
PT630,
Thanks for posting. Yes, all top athletes must put in a lot of hard work, talent only is not enough. Same in tennis, boxing, MMA or else.
Regarding your comment "fighters are born not made", I am not sure you are correct... have you heard of the super star MMA fighter Georges Saint-Pierre or GSP? I heard him say in an interview that he was a small, shy kid growing up and he was constantly being bullied around by other kids in school. He wasn't a fighter, he's rather flee or not respond. In fact because of this experience in his childhood, he started to practice martial arts. He is one of the smartest and most hard working athletes too. Now, he has become one of the most feared fighters in the UFC!

I was just summarizing and gathering info from the video hence ? the fighter you quoted could have been born a fighter and did not now it, :confused: my son is a genius in chess ( he was born this way) we did not know it until later


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse