Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Pat Rafter (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=447855)

Setmatch45 12-10-2012 05:26 PM

Pat Rafter
 
What racquet is Pat Rafter using on the Sr. Tour this year?

kissmyace 12-11-2012 01:25 AM

Lower third of the page.

Looks like a blacked out Yonex frame.

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/Search/...atrick+rafter#

DNShade 12-11-2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setmatch45 (Post 7056811)
What racquet is Pat Rafter using on the Sr. Tour this year?

Well on the Powershares Champions tour last month looked like he was using Dunlop 500 but back a while ago he was using his old Prince with a Dunlop 500 PJ! So it still maybe that.

gavna 12-11-2012 03:08 AM

He's has been using the Dunlops for some time.....this past season it's been the 4D 500......

vsbabolat 12-11-2012 09:00 AM

Rafter has been using his Prince Precision Response with the Dunlop Aerogel 500 Paint job.

NLBwell 12-11-2012 09:01 AM

I wonder if he rates a customized build, or whether it is stock customized to his preferences. He isn't even playing much on the champions tour.

Rock Strongo 12-11-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsbabolat (Post 7057795)
Rafter has been using his Prince Precision Response with the Dunlop Aerogel 500 Paint job.

I still find that PJ extremely weird.

Did he actually use the TT Warrior or was that a PJ on his Precision Response too?

vsbabolat 12-11-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock Strongo (Post 7058340)
I still find that PJ extremely weird.

Did he actually use the TT Warrior or was that a PJ on his Precision Response too?

Nope, he did not really use the TT Warrior. It was a PJ too.

heftylefty 12-11-2012 03:03 PM

Man, Pat really likes that Prince Stick!

One of my all time favorite players.

I Heart Thomas Muster 12-11-2012 03:36 PM

Is that the greatest paint job of all time?

SteveI 12-11-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock Strongo (Post 7058340)
I still find that PJ extremely weird.

Did he actually use the TT Warrior or was that a PJ on his Precision Response too?

Not sure... but you can see the Double Bridge in the pic. As far as I know he was still using the Prec Response.. then moved to the Ti. Response PJ and then the Warrior PJ that was named after him... I think we started out using the Graphite II MP...maybe some one can confirm. He was not using them stock in any event. I got to hold one of this frames many years back... I could barely swing it...

BTW... the string pattern is 16 x 20 on that frame...The Dunlop PJ..

Enjoy!!

gavna 12-11-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Heart Thomas Muster (Post 7058417)
Is that the greatest paint job of all time?

Gotta agree.......also for a player retired for almost 10 yrs. Awesome stuff

Jules 12-12-2012 12:50 PM

Greg Raven measured his sticks some years ago. Probably never used the Response Ti. At least flex appears to be custom.

Weight: 360
Balance: 32.35
Flex: 69
Swingweight: 355

http://www.hdtennis.com/grs/pro_racq...nce_prtmp.html

rafafan20 12-12-2012 06:03 PM

Response Ti is the greatest racket ever

Say Chi Sin Lo 12-12-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rafafan20 (Post 7060244)
Response Ti is the greatest racket ever

It was very enjoyable at the net. Still haven't found another racquet that volleyed like it. People can wave their Pro Staffs and Prestiges at me, but when it comes to pure volleying, I'll take the Precision Response Ti.

Gorgeous paintjob too.

big ted 12-12-2012 08:18 PM

didnt he use an all black proto type of racquet at the 2000 us open or something ?

Say Chi Sin Lo 12-12-2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big ted (Post 7060442)
didnt he use an all black proto type of racquet at the 2000 us open or something ?

You mean the Prince Precision Response 660? It was a really dark maroon red, so it could have easily passed as "black" on non-HD era.

big ted 12-12-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo (Post 7060473)
You mean the Prince Precision Response 660? It was a really dark maroon red, so it could have easily passed as "black" on non-HD era.


http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/104...%2fck8yQ%3d%3d

it was a black frame with lead tape before he switched to the white warrior racquet
i think he lost in the 1st rnd of the usopen with it

vsbabolat 12-12-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big ted (Post 7060513)
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/104...%2fck8yQ%3d%3d

it was a black frame with lead tape before he switched to the white warrior racquet
i think he lost in the 1st rnd of the usopen with it

It was just paint jobs that changed.

jonestim 12-13-2012 08:10 AM

The Response TI received an 83 rating when TW did it's review in 1999 - I didn't see anything else that high until the past couple years.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Revi...PRTReview.html


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse