Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   okay - so finally help me choose please :) (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=447878)

mxmx 12-11-2012 01:16 AM

okay - so finally help me choose please :)

NJ1 12-11-2012 06:45 AM

Nice design work!

My vote is the B7. Best shoe I've worn to date. 4.3 is also a nice shoe but the lacing system worries me.

mxmx 12-11-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJ1 (Post 7057554)
Nice design work!

My vote is the B7. Best shoe I've worn to date. 4.3 is also a nice shoe but the lacing system worries me.

Thanks man :)

I think of the above shoes, the vapor is probably the last one I will get on the list due to the bad durability factor.

Whats wrong with the lacing system of the CB?
My biggest concern with the B7, is the protection just above the tip (toe area - see black dot)...the B6 had a little more in that area. But my wear area is very borderline to where the B7 protection is at...so I am not sure how the B7 would react.

Would you say the CB is far more comfortable than the B7?

LanEvo 12-11-2012 10:39 PM

Down to CB 4.3 or B7s.

Coming from B6s, same situation as you.

I would take the B7s, I own the 4.3s right now. They are not bad, softer and more cushioned than Barricades (I am comparing to 6s, since I know them the best) durability is less than the Barricades imo, they do not last quite as long, but I have not worn through the outsole and it has been 6 months already, it is close though. While the B6s took me about 7-8 months or so. And I switch off between shoes as well.

Weight and movability-wise, I like the B6s, they feel lighter and do not feel as you are running around in a boot. And this is after break-in.

Moving on, is the break-in and out of the box playing, yea the CB 4.3s win hands down here, they do not require any type of break-in imo, and play soft and great out of the box.

So it is up to you, I prefer the Adidas though.

mxmx 12-11-2012 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LanEvo (Post 7058853)
Down to CB 4.3 or B7s.

Coming from B6s, same situation as you.

I would take the B7s, I own the 4.3s right now. They are not bad, softer and more cushioned than Barricades (I am comparing to 6s, since I know them the best) durability is less than the Barricades imo, they do not last quite as long, but I have not worn through the outsole and it has been 6 months already, it is close though. While the B6s took me about 7-8 months or so. And I switch off between shoes as well.

Weight and movability-wise, I like the B6s, they feel lighter and do not feel as you are running around in a boot. And this is after break-in.

Moving on, is the break-in and out of the box playing, yea the CB 4.3s win hands down here, they do not require any type of break-in imo, and play soft and great out of the box.

So it is up to you, I prefer the Adidas though.

I also by far prefer adidas through the years. I just found the B6 VERY uncomfortable (Where the shoes on the B6 bend, it would press down on my foot) - has the B7 improved in this department? It seems like softer uppers.

Also something to consider: One can sole patch sole parts (shoo goo)...but one cannot really sole patch the top of the toe. So whilst the CB may be less durable on the sole, it may not be as big as a problem if the protection on top of the toe is better than the B7. My biggest problem area for wear and tear is just where i drew the black dot as well as the front tip of the shoe. I think the B7 is really borderline and may or may not be as good as the B6 when it comes to this - if the B7 had 3mm more rubber height, i would get them no question.

LanEvo 12-12-2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxmx (Post 7058855)
I also by far prefer adidas through the years. I just found the B6 VERY uncomfortable (Where the shoes on the B6 bend, it would press down on my foot) - has the B7 improved in this department? It seems like softer uppers.

Also something to consider: One can sole patch sole parts (shoo goo)...but one cannot really sole patch the top of the toe. So whilst the CB may be less durable on the sole, it may not be as big as a problem if the protection on top of the toe is better than the B7. My biggest problem area for wear and tear is just where i drew the black dot as well as the front tip of the shoe. I think the B7 is really borderline and may or may not be as good as the B6 when it comes to this - if the B7 had 3mm more rubber height, i would get them no question.

Hey, I would get that too, lol. From the to part with the two metal clips to pull the string through in the front right? Yea, they just had to put it right where you bend to turn. IDK, once mine broke in, I did not experience it anymore. But it did take me a good 1-2 months to break-in.

mxmx 12-12-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LanEvo (Post 7059263)
Hey, I would get that too, lol. From the to part with the two metal clips to pull the string through in the front right? Yea, they just had to put it right where you bend to turn. IDK, once mine broke in, I did not experience it anymore. But it did take me a good 1-2 months to break-in.

My B6 shoes took at least half its lifetime to break in before the top part did not bend on my toe in a painful way anymore. Partially I may be to blame, as the shoes may have been slightly too large, thus possibly bending at the wrong place...I doubt though that the B7's will be as uncomfortable as the B6's...
The B6's were more uncomfortable than the B5's though...

I have only today to hear from you guys....getting the shoes tomorrow hopefully...

parasailing 12-12-2012 11:47 PM

The Vapor 9s offer the best comfort, support, cushion, and lightness compared to the other shoes you listed. Only downside is durability so if that's your concern, skip this shoe otherwise, buy it.

mxmx 12-12-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parasailing (Post 7060628)
The Vapor 9s offer the best comfort, support, cushion, and lightness compared to the other shoes you listed. Only downside is durability so if that's your concern, skip this shoe otherwise, buy it.

thank you...this shoe is last on my list and chances are great that I won't get these

PhotoBlue 12-13-2012 01:41 PM

I recommend the B7. It has the stability and durability of a barricade but with more comfort and flexibility than previous models. Great shoe...

PhotoBlue 12-13-2012 01:42 PM

By the way, are those B6's in the pic photoshopped? I'm pretty sure that color never hit the market

anhuynh16 12-13-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhotoBlue (Post 7061766)
By the way, are those B6's in the pic photoshopped? I'm pretty sure that color never hit the market

it's interesting because they're probably fake and also they are also the junior barricades..

dr. godmode 12-13-2012 04:23 PM

my 4.3 are soo comfy, never tried the barricades so i cant compare

Francis27 12-13-2012 04:32 PM

4.3 for comfort Barricade 7 for durability. Barricade 7 all the way

mxmx 12-13-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhotoBlue (Post 7061766)

Yes :) (for reasons I won't explain :P)

mxmx 12-13-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anhuynh16 (Post 7061961)
it's interesting because they're probably fake and also they are also the junior barricades..

hehe.....I manipulated the pic for some strange undisclosed reasons....but yea...definitely not fake shoes...if they were, they're the best lasting fakes ive ever had :D

mxmx 12-13-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Francis27 (Post 7062028)
4.3 for comfort Barricade 7 for durability. Barricade 7 all the way

My problem is weighing it up and knowing the right balance.
It is for certain the vapors will be a mistake on durability. But with the CB "a little" durability loss may be worth it for the sake of comfort...but if the B7's are 20% more comfortable than the B6's, they make more sense.

Ps people: The TEAM versions of the barracades have come into play. Would really like some opinions on those. I have a few hours before I will be gone until next year so thanks in advance :)

mxmx 12-13-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhotoBlue (Post 7061762)
I recommend the B7. It has the stability and durability of a barricade but with more comfort and flexibility than previous models. Great shoe...

It is good to know :)
The B7 caught up to the CB in my decision...so its a very close race...when I try all the shoes on, I will take all the comments into consideration and hopefully choose the right shoe. Yes, sorry, I made a big deal of this thread, but it IS rather a lot of money for something like this...

The Meat 12-13-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mxmx (Post 7062547)
My problem is weighing it up and knowing the right balance.
It is for certain the vapors will be a mistake on durability. But with the CB "a little" durability loss may be worth it for the sake of comfort...but if the B7's are 20% more comfortable than the B6's, they make more sense.

Ps people: The TEAM versions of the barracades have come into play. Would really like some opinions on those. I have a few hours before I will be gone until next year so thanks in advance :)

Just a heads up you need to pay for the shipping of the new pair of shoes back to you($13 check), while Nike doesn't charge you anything.

mxmx 12-13-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Meat (Post 7062556)
Just a heads up you need to pay for the shipping of the new pair of shoes back to you($13 check), while Nike doesn't charge you anything.

Thanks man...buying locally though....so no shipping, and I doubt any guarantees either.