Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Harrison's actual racquet specs ? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=447900)

geekydeveloper 12-11-2012 08:24 AM

Harrison's actual racquet specs ?
 
No way he's really using this low powered racquet, what is he's racquet specs ?

vsbabolat 12-11-2012 09:10 AM

Yeah, Harrison really uses the Pure Storm Limited.

geekydeveloper 12-11-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsbabolat (Post 7057819)
Yeah, Harrison really uses the Pure Storm Limited.

How did he modified it ?

Blaxican10s 12-11-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geekydeveloper (Post 7057980)
How did he modified it ?

It's probably leaded up big time w/ some silicone in the handle.

geekydeveloper 12-14-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blaxican10s (Post 7058586)
It's probably leaded up big time w/ some silicone in the handle.

where he puts the lead and how much ?

2ManyAces 12-14-2012 01:24 PM

I know it has like 8 grommets at the throat. I saw that a few years ago.

I seem to remember he used a super heavy racquet.

Babolat Official 12-16-2012 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsbabolat (Post 7057819)
Yeah, Harrison really uses the Pure Storm Limited.

Actually, Ryan recently switched to the Pure Storm Tour. Still tweaking exact customization.

drakulie 12-16-2012 04:51 PM

Harrison uses a custom layup. We strung his frames last year at Delray, and Babolat didn't even have grommets for it. We were provided individual grommets for his racquet, which was all blacked out.

Here is link to thread:
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=372144

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakulie (Post 5484190)

Harrison's prototype Babolat Frames (notice all the grommets)







NLBwell 12-16-2012 05:57 PM

Is is a lot harder to string the racket with individual grommets? Looks like you have to line up each one.

drakulie 12-16-2012 06:20 PM

^^yes, it was a pain because you have to hold each one in place while tension is pulled so it doesn't mis-align.

db10s 12-16-2012 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakulie (Post 7066696)
^^yes, it was a pain because you have to hold each one in place while tension is pulled so it doesn't mis-align.

I remember being a ballboy for him there and I saw that and thought "what the! Thats not normal!"

gavna 12-16-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drakulie (Post 7066696)
^^yes, it was a pain because you have to hold each one in place while tension is pulled so it doesn't mis-align.

Thought he dumped that frame after Delray?

Here in Houston in April and at Roland Garros he was using the PSL with the normal grommets.......funny story at the US Clay: he arrived from Davis Cup in France he had been given the wrong gauge (he was given 17G and not the 16G he wanted) of strings from Babolat and he (well his coach) had to make a run to a local Tennis Retailer to swap out the sets.

His normal set up was PHT mains and VS Gut crosses at 59lbs both 16G in Houston.

Nostradamus 12-16-2012 08:02 PM

What ? Where is the Woofer tech ? This doesn't look like babolat to me. It looks like blacked out Wilson

Doubles 12-16-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostradamus (Post 7066842)
What ? Where is the Woofer tech ? This doesn't look like babolat to me. It looks like blacked out Wilson

Well, you're wrong.

Cup8489 12-16-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doubles (Post 7066873)
Well, you're wrong.

Just ignore fedace. Trolling only. He's not really that dumb.

bjk 12-17-2012 02:29 AM

Fedace is now Nostradamus?

bjk 12-17-2012 02:35 AM

So did Harrison drill holes in a PST? Or is that frame made custom for him by Babolat?

gavna 12-17-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjk (Post 7067095)
So did Harrison drill holes in a PST? Or is that frame made custom for him by Babolat?

That was an experimental frame he used for a few weeks in 2011 at the start of the season......but overall has been using the PSLtd (including the original black orange model pre 2008) with the normal woofer grommets. He likes old school sticks and has been pretty stubborn not wanting to switch - ( his brother Christian also was a PSLtd user until this summer when he took the plunge with the Pure Drive) My daughter was at academy for almost 2 years at the same time as them and Ryno has a tendency to leave plenty of busted sticks in his wake:)
In fact there are plenty of pics of Harrison online where you can plainly see he is using a PSLtd and the normal grommets and woofer.

At IMG a few weeks ago he was on court hitting with a Storm Tour so don't be surprised if at the start of the season that's what he is toting.......

Babolat Official 12-21-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gavna (Post 7068451)
That was an experimental frame he used for a few weeks in 2011 at the start of the season......but overall has been using the PSLtd (including the original black orange model pre 2008) with the normal woofer grommets. He likes old school sticks and has been pretty stubborn not wanting to switch - ( his brother Christian also was a PSLtd user until this summer when he took the plunge with the Pure Drive) My daughter was at academy for almost 2 years at the same time as them and Ryno has a tendency to leave plenty of busted sticks in his wake:)
In fact there are plenty of pics of Harrison online where you can plainly see he is using a PSLtd and the normal grommets and woofer.

At IMG a few weeks ago he was on court hitting with a Storm Tour so don't be surprised if at the start of the season that's what he is toting.......

Correct, he will be using a custom weighted PST to start 2013. Not sure on specs yet.

Fuji 12-21-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babolat Official (Post 7074194)
Correct, he will be using a custom weighted PST to start 2013. Not sure on specs yet.

Are you even aloud to talk about custom specs???

-Fuji


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse