Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Adult League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   tennis in san diego/san mateo? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=447953)

thejackal 12-11-2012 10:24 PM

tennis in san diego/san mateo?
 
will be stopping by for three weeks or so. any good places to get a hit with 4.5 players and above?

thejackal 12-12-2012 08:43 AM

san marcos, not san mateo. my bad...

woodrow1029 12-12-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejackal (Post 7059364)
san marcos, not san mateo. my bad...

LOL. I was going to say, that's a broad range. There's only about 500 miles between San Diego and San Mateo. :-)

thejackal 12-12-2012 09:39 AM

The snow around here is making me stupid

rafafan20 12-12-2012 10:02 AM

I'm a 4.5 and will be in san diego dec 20-27 if interested

rkelley 12-12-2012 11:54 AM

I'm in N. county San Diego, (Rancho Bernardo). I'll be around in December.

Cheetah's in the same area though I don't know what his Christmas plans are.

thejackal 12-12-2012 02:10 PM

we could organize a TT meetup and maybe a round-robin tournament at a public court during one of those days

sureshs 12-12-2012 03:54 PM

What time frame?

I will be on vacation between Dec 25-Jan 1 inclusive.

rafafan20 12-12-2012 05:46 PM

tourney! 10char

rkelley 12-12-2012 09:49 PM

I'm off from work from 12/22 to 1/1. Pick a time and you're almost guaranteed a sunny day - it's San Diego after all.

Amazingly public courts are harder to come by here. Rancho Bernardo high school is an option - five open and five locked up except if you're a coach and somehow my taxes get to subsidize someone's private lessons. I think Poway High School's courts are still accessible. Mount Carmel has four lousy courts open, and six resurfaced courts locked up (my tax dollars at work again).

My club is a possibility. If it's the middle of the day and we can avoid any tennis camps we can probably get 3 courts to ourselves, but no guarantees. Suresh and possibly Cheetah might have some options.

thejackal 12-13-2012 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkelley (Post 7060522)
I'm off from work from 12/22 to 1/1. Pick a time and you're almost guaranteed a sunny day - it's San Diego after all.

Amazingly public courts are harder to come by here. Rancho Bernardo high school is an option - five open and five locked up except if you're a coach and somehow my taxes get to subsidize someone's private lessons. I think Poway High School's courts are still accessible. Mount Carmel has four lousy courts open, and six resurfaced courts locked up (my tax dollars at work again).

My club is a possibility. If it's the middle of the day and we can avoid any tennis camps we can probably get 3 courts to ourselves, but no guarantees. Suresh and possibly Cheetah might have some options.

Sounds good. Just inherited some almost new donnays and thatd be a good baptism by fire

sureshs 12-13-2012 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkelley (Post 7060522)
I'm off from work from 12/22 to 1/1. Pick a time and you're almost guaranteed a sunny day - it's San Diego after all.

Amazingly public courts are harder to come by here. Rancho Bernardo high school is an option - five open and five locked up except if you're a coach and somehow my taxes get to subsidize someone's private lessons. I think Poway High School's courts are still accessible. Mount Carmel has four lousy courts open, and six resurfaced courts locked up (my tax dollars at work again).

My club is a possibility. If it's the middle of the day and we can avoid any tennis camps we can probably get 3 courts to ourselves, but no guarantees. Suresh and possibly Cheetah might have some options.

It is raining right now!

If you are here before the 25th, let me know. I belong to a club with lighted courts which is centrally located wrt to where rkelley, cheetah and I are. I need 3 day advance notice to book. I can book 1 court for 1.5 hours, but we can manage one more usually after arriving.

For me, weekdays are possible 6 pm and later. This Saturday and next are good after 3 pm. This Sunday afternoon is also good. But the Sunday before Christmas I am playing the club social.

thejackal 12-13-2012 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshs (Post 7061033)
It is raining right now!

If you are here before the 25th, let me know. I belong to a club with lighted courts which is centrally located wrt to where rkelley, cheetah and I are. I need 3 day advance notice to book. I can book 1 court for 1.5 hours, but we can manage one more usually after arriving.

For me, weekdays are possible 6 pm and later. This Saturday and next are good after 3 pm. This Sunday afternoon is also good. But the Sunday before Christmas I am playing the club social.

We re on for this Sunday afternoon.

rkelley 12-13-2012 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sureshs (Post 7061033)
It is raining right now!

If you are here before the 25th, let me know. I belong to a club with lighted courts which is centrally located wrt to where rkelley, cheetah and I are. I need 3 day advance notice to book. I can book 1 court for 1.5 hours, but we can manage one more usually after arriving.

For me, weekdays are possible 6 pm and later. This Saturday and next are good after 3 pm. This Sunday afternoon is also good. But the Sunday before Christmas I am playing the club social.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejackal (Post 7061169)
We re on for this Sunday afternoon.

Seriously? 12/16? I know the courts where Suresh plays. They're nice.

I need a specific time, but I can do it unless I'm running up to LA to buy a car. I'll email Cheetah. He might not know that this conversation is happening.

thejackal 12-13-2012 08:13 AM

Alright. You can email me at kickservertennis@gmail.com

sureshs 12-13-2012 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejackal (Post 7061169)
We re on for this Sunday afternoon.

I am allowed to book for Sunday only after 8 pm today. I will shoot for 3 pm. It is supposed to be cloudy with a 30% chance of rain in the morning, decreasing to 0 later. 3 pm will be a nice compromise as even if it drizzles till 1 pm, the courts will be dry by 3 pm.

I will make the booking and get back to you. Worst case, we will have one court for 1.5 hours. But usually we can get the "public" court too for an hour in parallel.

I will shoot you an email with the web site of the club which has the directions.

sureshs 12-13-2012 08:58 AM

We now just need Bud and Fedace to post here and we are set.

Cheetah 12-13-2012 10:31 AM

............

Cheetah 12-13-2012 10:32 AM

Sounds good.
I should be able to be there.

Will Peliwo be there?

thejackal 12-13-2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheetah (Post 7061521)
Sounds good.
I should be able to be there.

Will Peliwo be there?

haha nope. he'll be training in montreal still


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse