Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Junior League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Usta Rtc L3 Camps (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=447974)

ac10splyr 12-12-2012 07:12 AM

Usta Rtc L3 Camps

Players that got invited to the last level of the RTC camps, interested to see the names of kids that are thought to be technically sound and overall game...

TennisCoachIN 12-12-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ac10splyr (Post 7059200)
Players that got invited to the last level of the RTC camps, interested to see the names of kids that are thought to be technically sound and overall game...

Can't answer 100% in regards to Level 3 RTC, however my 8 year old was the youngest student in her group recently to be invited to Level 1 RTC. In the camp we were at they stressed technique over and over again.

They video taped players strokes and used Dartfish software to go over results with parents/coaches.

From talking to many high level coaches there, they seem to be looking for players who are technically sound to move to that next level. Of course having all the other intangiables help also.

Tennis is a game of manged errors, having good technique reallys helps in the heat of battle, this helps reduce unforced errors, especially as you get to the higher levels it can come down to just a few points here and there.

ac10splyr 12-12-2012 07:39 AM

Couldn't agree more, although there is something to be said about reps over and over again
Look at the ATP and WTA, plenty of bad fundamentals, forehand backhands serves, but my odds are with the technically sound, less chance to break down...again just curious about our juniors now, the 99',00', and 01' birthdays...

TennisCoachIN 12-12-2012 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ac10splyr (Post 7059254)
Couldn't agree more, although there is something to be said about reps over and over again
Look at the ATP and WTA, plenty of bad fundamentals, forehand backhands serves, but my odds are with the technically sound, less chance to break down...again just curious about our juniors now, the 99',00', and 01' birthdays...

Your right about the reps over and over again, I don't think you want to over do it. But in the beginning for foundation purposes then of course you need lots of reps. However, later as you know tennis is very situational, IMO you want to play lots of sets, to make sure form isn't breaking down.

I'm hoping there are some good up and coming young ones developing as we speak. Any names come to mind from those years?

ga tennis 12-12-2012 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennisCoachIN (Post 7059266)
Your right about the reps over and over again, I don't think you want to over do it. But in the beginning for foundation purposes then of course you need lots of reps. However, later as you know tennis is very situational, IMO you want to play lots of sets, to make sure form isn't breaking down.

I'm hoping there are some good up and coming young ones developing as we speak. Any names come to mind from those years?

We got about 8 really good ones in GA!!!!

TennisCoachIN 12-12-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ga tennis (Post 7059322)
We got about 8 really good ones in GA!!!!

Sounds great :) Future looks bright

ga tennis 12-12-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TennisCoachIN (Post 7059327)
Sounds great :) Future looks bright

I just hope my daughter buys in and is part of it.

TennisCoachIN 12-12-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ga tennis (Post 7059334)
I just hope my daughter buys in and is part of it.

I think she will, but it has to be on her terms. There have been times where I have wanted to practice with my girls and I could tell they wanted to do something else, so I wouldn't bother them. Don't get me wrong at first I would be like well, you know there are lots of other kids practicing at this very moment and blah blah blah. Once I understood that it is there game to take ownership of, things got a lot better a lot quicker. Now some days my 8 year old is like dad my backhand volley sucked yesterday, can we go in the basement and work on it, and of course I jump all over that :)

ac10splyr 12-12-2012 08:49 AM

Im a ******* coach and I know of a couple, coaching one hopefully! haha

But the south has a couple kids g johns, t john are the ones I have seen, and florida has a neff, who was a ******* player! all are 01's

ac10splyr 12-12-2012 08:50 AM

still havent heard of any for L3 camps though...

TennisCoachIN 12-12-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ac10splyr (Post 7059200)

Doubt that anyone should be naming names of these kids. Probably safe to say many of them are technically sound, however sure there are some that aren't and are told through there evaluation what they need to work on. That is my guess

ac10splyr 12-12-2012 10:47 AM

Sorry tenniscoachIN, you asked for names, so I replied
my apologies, new to this

TennisCoachIN 12-12-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ac10splyr (Post 7059568)
Sorry tenniscoachIN, you asked for names, so I replied
my apologies, new to this

No my bad I did :) sorry about that.