Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   TW Questions/Comments (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Question for Tennis Warehouse Playtesters regarding 2013 Aeropro (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=447995)

Boricua 12-12-2012 11:24 AM

Question for Tennis Warehouse Playtesters regarding 2013 Aeropro

I have used the Cortex version and the 2010 GT version of the Aeropro. Right now I am using a VCORE 97 (330) which is a very solid racket,
I have read many reviews regarding the new Aeropro. Many people have said that its too light and that it can be pushed around against big hitters. Is this true in your experience when demoing it? And, would any of you customize this racket in order to give it more mass? If so, how would you distribute lead and in what amount?
Sometimes I think that customizing and adding lead will affect the particular dynamics of the aero design in the Aeropro. Is that so?
I want to add that I have never put lead in a racket so this would be new for me.

TW Staff 12-12-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boricua (Post 7059531)
I have used the Cortex version and the 2010 GT version of the Aeropro. Right now I am using a VCORE 97 (330) which is a very solid racket,
I have read many reviews regarding the new Aeropro. Many people have said that its too light and that it can be pushed around against big hitters. Is this true in your experience when demoing it? And, would any of you customize this racket in order to give it more mass? If so, how would you distribute lead and in what amount?
Sometimes I think that customizing and adding lead will affect the particular dynamics of the aero design in the Aeropro. Is that so?
I want to add that I have never put lead in a racket so this would be new for me.

In my experience hitting with the AeroPro, I had no issues with it getting pushed around by big hitters. On the contrary, the racquet was so maneuverable and forgiving that I found it easier to hang with big hitters because I was not afraid to take a big cut at the ball and mis-hit it. I felt the standard version lacked a little bit of weight for my liking, but the Plus version felt hefty enough. If you wanted to add weight, I don't think it would affect the aerodynamics of the racquet, and the placement of the lead would be entirely a personal preference. For me, I would try not to change the balance of the racquet, and just add weight around the throat for a little more heft and a little higher swingweight.

Hope this helps.

Andy, TW

Boricua 12-12-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7059620)
In my experience hitting with the AeroPro, I had no issues with it getting pushed around by big hitters. On the contrary, the racquet was so maneuverable and forgiving that I found it easier to hang with big hitters because I was not afraid to take a big cut at the ball and mis-hit it. I felt the standard version lacked a little bit of weight for my liking, but the Plus version felt hefty enough. If you wanted to add weight, I don't think it would affect the aerodynamics of the racquet, and the placement of the lead would be entirely a personal preference. For me, I would try not to change the balance of the racquet, and just add weight around the throat for a little more heft and a little higher swingweight.

Hope this helps.

Andy, TW

I am interested in the standard version, so how much weight would you add around the throat?

TW Staff 12-12-2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boricua (Post 7059705)
I am interested in the standard version, so how much weight would you add around the throat?

Again, this is purely a personal choice, but I would probably add a 1/2 ounce of lead around the throat and maybe just a touch in the handle.

Andy, TW

Boricua 12-13-2012 06:11 AM

Andy:

1-What strings and tension did you like with the APD?

2-Also, are you switching to the Aeropro Plus or sticking to your Yonex RDIS?

TW Staff 12-13-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boricua (Post 7060872)
Andy:

1-What strings and tension did you like with the APD?

2-Also, are you switching to the Aeropro Plus or sticking to your Yonex RDIS?

I really liked it with a stiffer polyester, like Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour. I strung it up high at 58 lbs because the frame provides so much power. As for switching, I'd definitely say I'm close, and I'm hitting with the APD+ more and more, and it's probably my favorite racquet I've tried since the start of summer. However, I've got too big a spot in my heart for the RDiS ;-).

Andy, TW

Boricua 12-13-2012 09:44 AM

:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TW Staff (Post 7061270)
I really liked it with a stiffer polyester, like Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour. I strung it up high at 58 lbs because the frame provides so much power. As for switching, I'd definitely say I'm close, and I'm hitting with the APD+ more and more, and it's probably my favorite racquet I've tried since the start of summer. However, I've got too big a spot in my heart for the RDiS ;-).

Andy, TW

In my case I used APD Cortex and then APD GT 2010. But, I also used during that time the RDIS 100 MP. Had them in my bag, used both for two years at different intervals. Every one of my tennis partners knew of my big dilemma. :) Finally I sold my 2 RDIS which I regret in a sense. Think I will stick with the APD. The APD lets me hit topspin in a particular way which I can not do with Yonex.
But, the RDIS MP is very good, in my opinion better than the current VCORES.

At least you have two good options to choose, RDIS or APD. :)

In terms of the string, I was planning to use TCS at 53. I am looking for a more dampened feel. I used it in the 2010 APD and it worked out.