Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   XFeel Tour compared to Speed 300, XForce, and others? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=448008)

TripleB 12-12-2012 01:08 PM

XFeel Tour compared to Speed 300, XForce, and others?

I'm searching for a racquet for doubles (can no longer play singles due to surgery) that is easy on the arm, allows easy access to spin, gives some decent pop, offers excellent touch/feel, has superb control, and obviously volleys well.

I'm looking at several racquets: Donnay XDual Silver, Donnay XP Dual Black 102, Head YT IG Speed 300, Mantis Tour 305, Pro Kennex Ki Q5 295, Pacific XForce, and Pacific XFeel Tour.

The only one I've tried before is the Pacific XFeel Tour.

Can anyone compare any of the other racquets to the XFeel Tour?

Any opinions on the other racquets would be appreciated as well.

Thanks.

TripleB

benraschke 12-12-2012 07:43 PM

XFeel Tour compared to Speed 300, XForce, and others?

I use the Donnay X-Dual Gold 99 and I love it. I am recovering from tennis elbow surgery and this racquet has allowed me to continue my tennis career. I have used Pro Kennex in the past, but I like the Donnay better and the all around game it allows me to play. I am aware that Donnay racquets are not as popular as Wilson, Head, or Babolat, but for people with arm problems they definitely are better. Look for racquets that are at least 11.5 oz strung, head light, and less than 100 frame size.

Bartelby 12-12-2012 07:48 PM

Have you considered the Prestige S?

goosala 12-12-2012 08:43 PM

The Pacific X Feel is great but you have to supply your own power. If you are strong and punish the ball then it does give you good feel.

TripleB 12-13-2012 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benraschke (Post 7060418)
I use the Donnay X-Dual Gold 99 and I love it. I have used Pro Kennex in the past, but I like the Donnay better and the all around game it allows me to play.

I thought about taking a closer look at the Gold 99 but was afraid it would weigh a little more than what I want...especially after adding an overgrip, rubberband, and head tape (probably 11.8 oz or more). My thought with the Donnays was to look at the Silver 99 or Black 102, get the Donnay Customization Kit, and then make the weight to my liking. Thank you for your input.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bartelby (Post 7060424)
Have you considered the Prestige S?

I actually demoed it and in looking at my notes, the demo seemed strung a bit high, but I said: "brittle feeling, excellent topspin, slice sits up too much, not enough power, good control, but not enough power."

Quote:

Originally Posted by goosala (Post 7060463)
The Pacific X Feel is great but you have to supply your own power.

When I demoed this racquet it had a poly in it and seemed strung around 45 pounds...but I felt it had a good amount of power. I was surprised by how much it had. I thought: "above average spin and a good amount of power for such a flexy racquet....I just couldn't get used to the extra power (balls flying), I always felt like I had to hold back something on my groundstrokes." Again it may have to do with how low it was strung.

Thanks for everyone's help so far.

TripleB