Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Thoughts on Angell Tc95 v. "regular" racquests (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=448023)

phishbiscuits 12-12-2012 03:51 PM

Thoughts on Angell Tc95 v. "regular" racquests

Realized after a ton of trial and error that I need seriously heavy racquets, so I purchased the Tc95 330g sight (and reputation) unseen.

Any feedback? As I mentioned in another thread, I love high modulus carbon fiber and realize they aren't truly "custom" per se; however, I couldn't resist.

The price is steep...

Stringers 12-12-2012 04:30 PM

Very interested in others opinions of Angell/Vantage. Being foam filled I'm sure they play similar to Donnay's and a couple others. Very muted feel, from what I've read, which I love.

Hopefully I'll be able to provide some opinion of my own on here soon. My frame should be arriving any day! Until then, I can say Paul's customer service has been terrific!

What other specs did you go with?

El Zed 12-12-2012 04:51 PM

Before purchasing, was the ability to sell these racquets on a concern? With the more established brands, there is a belief that you can generally recoup a fair portion of money spent - but not sure that is the case with these sticks. Just wondering if this was considered, and if so, how it was resolved.

El Diablo 12-12-2012 07:29 PM

^ I've sold Vantage racquets in the past when changing spec, had no more problem selling them than any other brand.

El Zed 12-12-2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Diablo (Post 7060402)
^ I've sold Vantage racquets in the past when changing spec, had no more problem selling them than any other brand.

Very nice, have my eye on one and it's the only consideration really holding me back. Glad to hear it's not an issue from a practical perspective. Thank you.

NickJ 12-12-2012 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Zed (Post 7060411)
Very nice, have my eye on one and it's the only consideration really holding me back. Glad to hear it's not an issue from a practical perspective. Thank you.

I sold a Vantage no problem. As long as you advertise the specs you've got on the racquet, unless it's REALLY out there, you should be fine in selling on.

Stringers 12-14-2012 07:16 PM

I actually got my frame yesterday. Tremendous quality! Feels great! Still getting used to the extended length but feels sooo solid!

andress 12-17-2012 01:50 AM

Wich "regular" racquet plays similar to Angell Tc95?

rlau 12-17-2012 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andress (Post 7067071)
Wich "regular" racquet plays similar to Angell Tc95?

That depends on the specs you choose for the TC95.

I haven't played an Angell frame, but since they're the same as Vantage frames except for the cosmetics, I'd say they play like a pro stock frame -- very solid.