Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Racquets (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   London Tour- how does it compare to other player's sticks? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=448026)

roundiesee 12-12-2012 04:32 PM

London Tour- how does it compare to other player's sticks?

At such low prices now, it would appear to be a steal to get a pair of these, but for players who have tried this racket, how does it actually play, and does it compare favourably with other player's stcicks like the BLXPS90, YT Prestige Mid (IG and Non-IG), Yonex tour89, etc?
Thanks

Winners or Errors 12-12-2012 04:53 PM

I haven't played with any of those racquets. It compares favorably with the Dunlop M-Fil 200 and is similar. It has more dwell time and is less demanding than my Dunlop 4D100s. It doesn't have the plow of my Prince NXG Mid, but that racquet weighs at least an ounce more. I suspect it's significantly softer than the Wilson. I bet it's got more trampoline in the sweetspot than the Head - it has widely spaced main strings for an 18x20 93. I can't even guess at the Yonex, though I had thought of picking that one up before the Beckers dropped to $79.

It's just a very solid stick. Spin is nice. The sweetspot is easy to find. If I step into the shot, I can generate plenty of power. My level of play has improved with them; I plan to keep them.

Only annoying thing for me is that Becker put a sticker on the butt-cap instead of an actual printed image of Becker. I can live with that, but it made the construction seem kind of cheap when I noticed it.

What else do you want to know?

LanEvo 12-12-2012 04:55 PM

I was thinking about this frame as well, especially for the price, but I am not a huge fan of Mids, so I am passing.

roundiesee 12-12-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winners or Errors (Post 7060145)
I haven't played with any of those racquets. It compares favorably with the Dunlop M-Fil 200 and is similar. It has more dwell time and is less demanding than my Dunlop 4D100s. It doesn't have the plow of my Prince NXG Mid, but that racquet weighs at least an ounce more. I suspect it's significantly softer than the Wilson. I bet it's got more trampoline in the sweetspot than the Head - it has widely spaced main strings for an 18x20 93. I can't even guess at the Yonex, though I had thought of picking that one up before the Beckers dropped to $79.

It's just a very solid stick. Spin is nice. The sweetspot is easy to find. If I step into the shot, I can generate plenty of power. My level of play has improved with them; I plan to keep them.

Only annoying thing for me is that Becker put a sticker on the butt-cap instead of an actual printed image of Becker. I can live with that, but it made the construction seem kind of cheap when I noticed it.

What else do you want to know?

Thanks so much! Would you choose it as your main racket?

roundiesee 12-12-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LanEvo (Post 7060149)
I was thinking about this frame as well, especially for the price, but I am not a huge fan of Mids, so I am passing.

Have you decided to get the "pink" racket? :)

LanEvo 12-12-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundiesee (Post 7060177)
Have you decided to get the "pink" racket? :)

IDK this is my collection right now:

PDRs in my Sig. (my main sticks)
3 N95 16x18
1 N95 18x20
1 Youtek Rad
1 Aerostorm Tour Cortex
1 PDR Cortex
4 PS 85s

And if I do like the Blade 98s too much, I will have to switch, and I dont really want to...

IDK if I want to get another racquet or not with this many already... and I just purchased a BB Melbourne the other day from a fellow member.

roundiesee 12-12-2012 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LanEvo (Post 7060197)
IDK this is my collection right now:

PDRs in my Sig. (my main sticks)
3 N95 16x18
1 N95 18x20
1 Youtek Rad
1 Aerostorm Tour Cortex
1 PDR Cortex
4 PS 85s

And if I do like the Blade 98s too much, I will have to switch, and I dont really want to...

IDK if I want to get another racquet or not with this many already... and I just purchased a BB Melbourne the other day from a fellow member.

Agreed; too many choices already; you would be hard-pressed to select one from that shortlist, :(

Winners or Errors 12-13-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundiesee (Post 7060175)
Thanks so much! Would you choose it as your main racket?

It is my main racquet at the moment. Of course, realizing that I am a racquet addict, I could switch at any moment for any little psychological reason. ;-)

yonexRx32 12-16-2012 09:03 PM

I play tested it and it is one of the nicest rackets I've hit with. The only modern racket with a classic feel. Much more so than the Pacific Vacuum Pro which was a real disappointment to me. I toyed with the idea of buying a couple of them but since my Max 200g Pro (the 1991 model, not the recent one) fully satisfies my needs and I already have three dozen rackets, I decided to be reasonable.

NickJ 12-16-2012 11:27 PM

Just bought one! Can't wait to play with it & see what all the fuss is about!

roundiesee 12-17-2012 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickJ (Post 7067013)
Just bought one! Can't wait to play with it & see what all the fuss is about!

Did you buy it at $45 OR $65? :)

NickJ 12-17-2012 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundiesee (Post 7067079)
Did you buy it at $45 OR $65? :)

Off our friendly neighbourhood auction site. Virtually brand new, advertised as only used 5 times, no scratches/scrapes or any other damaged bodywork. Including delivery to the UK cost a total of 50 (about $70 I guess). Brand new off TW Europe is still a bargain but at this price I had to get it!

roundiesee 12-17-2012 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickJ (Post 7067161)
Off our friendly neighbourhood auction site. Virtually brand new, advertised as only used 5 times, no scratches/scrapes or any other damaged bodywork. Including delivery to the UK cost a total of 50 (about $70 I guess). Brand new off TW Europe is still a bargain but at this price I had to get it!

Congrats Nick!

NickJ 12-17-2012 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundiesee (Post 7067163)
Congrats Nick!

So collection so far reads -

2 x Donnay Pro One (Agassi models - 1 yellow/blue, 1 orange/grey)
2 x Slazenger Pro Braided
Fischer Pro One (Kafelnikov)
Wilson KFactor Tour 90
Wilson Pro Staff Original 6.0 95 (just THE best frame ever made, ever)
2 x Babolat Pure Storm GT
Babolat AeroPro (French Open Ltd Ed., the first one which I have now found out is not really limited at all, just a paint jobbed average normal everyday run-of-the-mill ho-hum AeroPro)
And the soone to arrive BB London Delta Core

APG 12-17-2012 06:14 AM

I am an old school guy and love the feel of these rackets and so easy on the joints. I am at best a 4.0 player but ignore the recommendations of what level of players should use this stick.
I have been playing with mid and mp prestiges for years and have switched over to the tour's which Are barely smaller than mp prestige.
I string mine with full gut at 50/47 and get a fair amount of plow-thru. I have added hockey tape, small amounts of wt. at 3,9, & 12 which has mostly eliminated the tip deadness if these sticks.
I am perplexed how poorly these rackets have sold.

anirut 12-17-2012 06:59 AM

BB London Tour?

Very, very nice. And, yes, I prefer it over the Pacific X Feel Pro 90.

(But I like the rawness of a tennis racket like the Redondo.)

APG 12-17-2012 08:02 AM

Yes I am referring to the London Tour. Previous
Poster alluded to buying a London Delta Core.

christo 12-22-2012 10:18 PM

I remember this frame as being very flexible and of course a small sweet spot but a nice stick nonetheless:)

rst 12-24-2012 12:02 AM

compare to other player's sticks?

you mean losers sticks?? descibe the specs please ....no the opinion.

In D Zone 12-27-2012 07:12 AM

BB London Tour - played practice sets for 2 days. So far I am impressed how the LT felt, very maneuverable due to its lighter SW. Yes, you can feel the feedback from the ball due but not harsh (since I stung mine at 50lbs coupled with flexible frame ).

Compared LT to N90, BLX90, RDis 100 90 - LT SW is lighter and the frame flex makes it easier on the arm. Power, I'd say it favors N90, BLX90, RDIS90 (you don't need to swing faster to generate pace due to the heavier SW). However, LT allows you to swing faster which I found to be favorable especially when on the run and for playing longer match.

Control is good as expect for a dense pattern- its too early for me at this stage to give it a thumbs up.
Next stage to bring the LT to a match.