Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Big Shot Durability Is Killilng Me (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=448083)

winstonplum 12-13-2012 08:25 AM

Big Shot Durability Is Killilng Me

So I bought a pair of the Big Shots because they felt great in the shoe-store. I have a slightly wider foot than usual and wore T22s for about a year, but wanted to try something new. The salesman recommended the Big Shots because they had a larger toe-box, etc. So, yeah, the shoes felt/feel great, but God, the durability sucks. The first pair barely lasted three months. I've now upped my tennis to about 6, sometimes 8, hours a week, and the replacement pair has barely lasted two months. Worn out in the same place as everyone else--right under the big toe and to the inside.

Anyway, the consensus seems to be Barricades for sole durability. I tried the 6s on in the store and they were too narrow and just didn't feel good. Are the 7s any wider? What shoes that are a bit wider have excellent durability? Vapors? CBs? Gel Resolutions?

kimguroo 12-13-2012 08:46 AM

Barricade and CB might be the best durable shoes.
Vapor is the worst in terms of the durability.
I don't think barricade 7 is wider than 6.
CB 4.3 is slightly wider than 3.3 but it might still narrow for you.

If you don't need shoes right now, wait a few weeks to see new nike air breath.
Nike claims that the shoes is wider and it will have 6 month durability too.
Seems like the shoes might be very nice.

liam1 12-13-2012 08:46 AM

Yeah my Big Shots are worn in the same place as yours but as I dont play as much I managed to get a year out of them. I play on average 1.5 to 2.5 hrs a week. Anyway just got a pair of Barricade 7's but have'nt worn them yet. First impressions are that they are narrower than BS but thats ok as I don't have wide feet. Also the arch seems really high but I'm hoping that settles down with ware.

grolson1993 12-13-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liam1 (Post 7061305)
Yeah my Big Shots are worn in the same place as yours but as I dont play as much I managed to get a year out of them. I play on average 1.5 to 2.5 hrs a week. Anyway just got a pair of Barricade 7's but have'nt worn them yet. First impressions are that they are narrower than BS but thats ok as I don't have wide feet. Also the arch seems really high but I'm hoping that settles down with ware.

It does settle down after about a week of wear

winstonplum 12-13-2012 10:23 PM

Thanks guys. I really want the Barricades to work because of the excellent durability ratings they get. I might stop by the local tennis store tomorrow and try some on.

winstonplum 12-17-2012 10:22 PM

Bought the barricades over the weekend. We'll see how they hold up. They feel pretty good.

axel89 12-19-2012 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstonplum (Post 7068524)
Bought the barricades over the weekend. We'll see how they hold up. They feel pretty good.

which color line did you buy?

winstonplum 12-19-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axel89 (Post 7070388)
which color line did you buy?

Those ugly pumpkin orange and black ones that were going for 79.99. Heck, I don't care what they look like, I just want the durability. My local shop had the same ugly color for the same price as TW, so I got them. Funny enough, the color is starting to grow on me. Played Monday night and they felt good. Little tacky on the court, but they'll get seasoned.