Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Classic Racquet Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Head Radical/Prestige (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=448195)

Dino Lagaffe 12-14-2012 12:59 PM

Head Radical/Prestige
 
I haven't posted that much for some time, but now I'll give it a go. :)

When going through some of the racquets I have at home, I decided to take two "family" pictures of the Prestiges and Radicals I found. Although I have a soft spot for other old racquets, especially Rossignols, I must admit that I'm very fond of Head. Out of the bunch in the pictures, my pro stock PC with a LM PJ is probably the most special one, but my personal playing favorite is the 1998 TT Radical MP. What a versatile racquet that is.





Hannah19 12-14-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dino Lagaffe (Post 7063461)
I haven't posted that much for some time, but now I'll give it a go. :)

When going through some of the racquets I have at home, I decided to take two "family" pictures of the Prestiges and Radicals I found. Although I have a soft spot for other old racquets, especially Rossignols, I must admit that I'm very fond of Head. Out of the bunch in the pictures, my pro stock PC with a LM PJ is probably the most special one, but my personal playing favorite is the 1998 TT Radical MP. What a versatile racquet that is.






I could not agree more....:)

MichaelChang 12-14-2012 05:29 PM

A nice collection you have there. Actually if you group them by head size, all the 600 play very similar, and all the 630s play very similar too. Except the 660. I personally feel the TT Midplus is a bit too heavy and flex somewhat. I liked the original bumblebee midplus better, stiffer.

zapvor 12-14-2012 08:51 PM

wow thats a big family! good stuff

MarrratSafin 12-14-2012 10:47 PM

Very nice.:) The old Radicals are all great frames, similar to Pro Tour 630!

You have a green Prestige 600 too, one of my favourites.

Dino Lagaffe 12-16-2012 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelChang (Post 7063769)
A nice collection you have there. Actually if you group them by head size, all the 600 play very similar, and all the 630s play very similar too. Except the 660. I personally feel the TT Midplus is a bit too heavy and flex somewhat. I liked the original bumblebee midplus better, stiffer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zapvor (Post 7063986)
wow thats a big family! good stuff

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarrratSafin (Post 7064060)
Very nice.:) The old Radicals are all great frames, similar to Pro Tour 630!

You have a green Prestige 600 too, one of my favourites.

I hope to add on to the collection later with other versions, including some XL-versions. Everybody's probably got their favourite, but there was a solidness in the older versions that I appreciate, and some of the more recent models have felt a little bit tinny and hollow in comparison. I have a couple of PT57 A and PT630 too, and they obviously feel rather solid. Great racquets, those old Heads.

Hannah19 12-16-2012 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dino Lagaffe (Post 7065449)
[COLOR="DarkRed" Everybody's probably got their favourite, but there was a solidness in the older versions that I appreciate, and some of the more recent models have felt a little bit tinny and hollow in comparison. I have a couple of PT57 A and PT630 too, and they obviously feel rather solid. Great racquets, those old Heads.[/color]

What XL versions are you thinling about?

Dino Lagaffe 12-18-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannah19 (Post 7065524)
What XL versions are you thinling about?

I'm mainly thinking about the TT Radical MP ( 1998 ) and the Prestige mid.

retrowagen 12-18-2012 07:35 AM

The green, Austrian-made Tour Xtralong is worth a look. I like it even better than the PT630!

MichaelChang 12-18-2012 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retrowagen (Post 7068966)
The green, Austrian-made Tour Xtralong is worth a look. I like it even better than the PT630!

I like it too, lots of power and flex.

Dino Lagaffe 12-18-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retrowagen (Post 7068966)
The green, Austrian-made Tour Xtralong is worth a look. I like it even better than the PT630!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelChang (Post 7069032)
I like it too, lots of power and flex.

Looks like I have something to look for then... :)

retrowagen 12-18-2012 10:34 AM

It is, in fact, my favorite midplus-sized Head racquet.

Hannah19 12-18-2012 10:56 AM

I've got a Pro Lite Tour XL and another TT model, the Satellite XL.

Tennis Dunce 01-04-2013 05:37 PM

My Austrian Bumblebee made me forget about my PK 5g QUICK!

Florico 01-04-2013 10:31 PM

I have 3 prestige classic 600 xl new never strung and 2 other prestige mid xl pro stock liquidmetal paintjob.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse