Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Pros' Racquets and Gear (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Does Djokovic's string pattern make his racquet play more like a 16x19? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=448225)

DaveJTR 12-14-2012 08:50 PM

Does Djokovic's string pattern make his racquet play more like a 16x19?
 
Hey everyone.

Looking at Fabfed's comparison of Djokovic's racquet versus retail Speed 315, you can tell that the string pattern is different (3 grommets in the letter D of the hoop versus 4 grommets in the letter D of the hoop).

Does this "customized" string pattern make the racquet behave more like a 16x19? Just curious...

DaveJTR 12-14-2012 09:00 PM

This reference...

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showt...=389215&page=2

dr325i 12-15-2012 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveJTR (Post 7063985)
Hey everyone.

Looking at Fabfed's comparison of Djokovic's racquet versus retail Speed 315, you can tell that the string pattern is different (3 grommets in the letter D of the hoop versus 4 grommets in the letter D of the hoop).

Does this "customized" string pattern make the racquet behave more like a 16x19? Just curious...

I don't think MG Radical MP plays like the 16x19. In fact, it is fairly tight pattern and nothing "customized" about it...

klementine79 12-20-2012 11:00 AM

Besides the obvious PJ change that djoko will be rocking in 2013, I thought I heard he's also testing a 16x19 pattern out. Can't remember where I read it, probably here.

No doubt it will be the pro-stock, radical mold he has now with a 16x19 pattern, if he actually changes.

We'll have to wait and see. Maybe that's why Head is having him endorse the 16x19 model of the newest graphene speeds? Can't see the same debacle occurring as did with the 1st gen Youtek Speed Pro endorsement.

Power Player 12-20-2012 11:11 AM

Djoker hits low trajectory with heavy spin, so it appears he uses a true tight pattern. I think it gives him a huge advantage on these slow courts.

jman32 12-21-2012 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveJTR (Post 7063985)
Hey everyone.

Looking at Fabfed's comparison of Djokovic's racquet versus retail Speed 315, you can tell that the string pattern is different (3 grommets in the letter D of the hoop versus 4 grommets in the letter D of the hoop).

Does this "customized" string pattern make the racquet behave more like a 16x19? Just curious...

i would say the density is a mix between 18x20 and 16x19. comparing to my prestige 16x19, the center boxes look about the same as mine, moving away from the center, noel's boxes stay more consistent to the center, not enlarging as much as mine. keep in mind his racket head size looks a little smaller than the stock speed, my guess in the 98" range, prestige are in the 95" range.

vsbabolat 12-21-2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jman32 (Post 7073428)
i would say the density is a mix between 18x20 and 16x19. comparing to my prestige 16x19, the center boxes look about the same as mine, moving away from the center, noel's boxes stay more consistent to the center, not enlarging as much as mine. keep in mind his racket head size looks a little smaller than the stock speed, my guess in the 98" range, prestige are in the 95" range.

Djokovic's racquet is the same Headsize as your Prestige MP 16x19. He uses the MG Radical MP MOLD.

jman32 12-23-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsbabolat (Post 7073471)
Djokovic's racquet is the same Headsize as your Prestige MP 16x19. He uses the MG Radical MP MOLD.

I know better than to argue with you when it comes to Head, but djok's head size looks wider than mine. It might be an optical illusion but mine seems more ovaland his looks more round.

Won't know for sure if they are not compared side by side.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse