Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   tennis shoes with durable soles and good ankle support (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=448686)

malonec 12-20-2012 01:21 PM

tennis shoes with durable soles and good ankle support

I love playing tennis but have some arthritic changes in my ankle so I have to have a lift built into the sole of my tennis shoe. I have used Prince shoes for a long time but the soles wear out in 4 months or so and they aren't high enough for good ankle support with this lift put in. Anyone out there have suggestions for a different type of shoe?

PhotoBlue 12-20-2012 01:28 PM

Barricade 7?

PhotoBlue 12-20-2012 01:31 PM

Barricade 7 is the best in the business with ankle support.

CaptinStiff 12-23-2012 03:10 PM

Make sure your next pair comes with a sole warranty :-)

malonec 12-26-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malonec (Post 7072552)
I love playing tennis but have some arthritic changes in my ankle so I have to have a lift built into the sole of my tennis shoe. I have used Prince shoes for a long time but the soles wear out in 4 months or so and they aren't high enough for good ankle support with this lift put in. Anyone out there have suggestions for a different type of shoe?

Thanks for the suggestions. I see that there are a variety of prices on the Barricade 7 (women's shoe) is there a particular one that is the best. The reason I am looking for a durable sole is that it is pricey to have this built in lift and I'm hoping for a sole that lasts. Also I can't find Head Youtek IG Radical Pro w Red Code 18/NXT 17. Is that a shoe? I'm anxious to get going on getting shoes because I can't play tennis until I do and I am going into withdrawals since I was playing 3 days a week.

luvforty 12-26-2012 04:07 PM

barricade is definitely the most solid shoe.

the 7 was not very durable (I wore thru a pair in a couple months).. the 6 is much more durable.

PhotoBlue 12-26-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malonec (Post 7080527)
Thanks for the suggestions. I see that there are a variety of prices on the Barricade 7 (women's shoe) is there a particular one that is the best. The reason I am looking for a durable sole is that it is pricey to have this built in lift and I'm hoping for a sole that lasts. Also I can't find Head Youtek IG Radical Pro w Red Code 18/NXT 17. Is that a shoe? I'm anxious to get going on getting shoes because I can't play tennis until I do and I am going into withdrawals since I was playing 3 days a week.

No they are all the same shoe, just different colors, some more recent than the others, therefore priced differently. And buy the men's version, unless you are a woman :). And Head Youtek IG Radical Pro is the racquet I play with, Red Code and NXT hybrid was the string I used to use, just too lazy to change my signature haha. Durability on B7 is definitely the best in the business.

PhotoBlue 12-26-2012 04:47 PM

Also Barricades come with a 6 month warranty. So when they are worn out enough you can send them to adidas and they send you a pair. All you have to pay is shipping which is around $10.

lobman 12-26-2012 04:49 PM

A good starting place is to check the TW staff reviews and user reviews of shoes in your price range. Then follow up as you did. Also, re your confusion with the "Head Youtek IG Radical....." of a reply to your question, that is a user signature line--go to TW Questions and Comments and see TTW FAQ for more details. Good luck in finding that right shoe; that is a much more important factor in playing good tennis than many think.

malonec 12-28-2012 07:23 AM

tennis shoes with good support

Thanks to all who posted replies to my questions. I really appreciate the "support". :)