Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Babolat SFX vs. Gel Resolution 4 vs vapor vs. Yonex 308 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=448748)

Boricua 12-21-2012 08:47 AM

Babolat SFX vs. Gel Resolution 4 vs vapor vs. Yonex 308

Which one is better in terms of traction, ankle stability, comfort, ventilation and lightness?

hcb0804 12-21-2012 09:47 AM

Yonex 308 hands down.

JGads 12-21-2012 10:20 AM

Unfamiliar with the 308. Of the three others:

ankle stability: about even.
comfort: Res4 and SFX about even, maybe slight edge to Res4
ventilation: Vapor by a country mile
lightness: Vapor by a country mile

I really dig the Res4 as a comfort shoe, but I feel much lighter on my feet and quicker to the ball on that first step/pivot with the Vapor.

Boricua 12-21-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGads (Post 7073730)
Unfamiliar with the 308. Of the three others:

ankle stability: about even.
comfort: Res4 and SFX about even, maybe slight edge to Res4
ventilation: Vapor by a country mile
lightness: Vapor by a country mile

I really dig the Res4 as a comfort shoe, but I feel much lighter on my feet and quicker to the ball on that first step/pivot with the Vapor.

Vapors were pretty comfortable when I tried them on once in a tennis shop. How are they comfort wise in match play?

JGads 12-21-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boricua (Post 7073739)
Vapors were pretty comfortable when I tried them on once in a tennis shop. How are they comfort wise in match play?

Very. Best compliment I can give them is that I completely forget about them in match play. They're not as plush as the Resolutions, but shoes like the Resolutions and the sfx can feel a bit too 'squishy' for my taste, especially in match play when I like the quickness of a Vapor or even another speed shoe like the New Balance 851. Vapor is a nice in-between of plush, comfy upper and a sole that's comfy but doesn't get in the way at all.

Note: I also use Superfeet insoles with mine, because of past plantar fasciitis issues and a high arch, which are a bit 'tougher' than the stock insole but the shoe still feels great.

Boricua 12-21-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGads (Post 7073785)
Very. Best compliment I can give them is that I completely forget about them in match play. They're not as plush as the Resolutions, but shoes like the Resolutions and the sfx can feel a bit too 'squishy' for my taste, especially in match play when I like the quickness of a Vapor or even another speed shoe like the New Balance 851. Vapor is a nice in-between of plush, comfy upper and a sole that's comfy but doesn't get in the way at all.

Note: I also use Superfeet insoles with mine, because of past plantar fasciitis issues and a high arch, which are a bit 'tougher' than the stock insole but the shoe still feels great.

I will give them a try, when they go on Sale as they are pretty expensive when introduced as new models. Thanks.