Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Krischbaum? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=448928)

EastAngels2014 12-23-2012 06:57 PM

Krischbaum?

These strings seem to be popular. was wondering what people actually felt about them and what setup they use them in?

db10s 12-23-2012 07:28 PM

Read the playtest thread...

Rjtennis 12-24-2012 07:03 PM

I'm currently using Black Shark in a full bed, it's a great string for me. I also really like Pro-line. Kirschbaum is mainly know for it's polys as they make some really nice stuff at a decent price. I don't know much about their synthetics as I haven't used them.

Overheadsmash 12-24-2012 07:46 PM

I frequently use their Helix 17 as a main with a syn gut cross. Pro Line II is also very popular with better players I know.

EastAngels2014 12-24-2012 08:57 PM

i was looking in to their polys cause i have heard of how they play and not to bad of a price

tennisplayer3275 12-24-2012 09:30 PM

I have played or am playing with the following (all strung with a Kilppermate drop weight stringer):

Pro Line Evolution - LOVE this string. Currently have it in a Head TGK 238.2 (16x19), Head TGK 238.1 (18x20) and a stock Prestige Pro at 56lbs and it feels great. Ball pocketing is good and the strings do not move around a lot. Has good feel even at higher tensions. I have had it as high as 62lbs and it still has good feel to the strings. I would recommend this string HANDS DOWN to anyone looking for a poly that is arm friendly. I have three fellow players on my league team using/loving this string right now.

Pro-Line II - have used as both a full bed of 18g and have used the 18g as a hybrid with Multifibre as the crosses. GREAT poly. Does not break quickly and maintains tension well. Ok to use at higher (60+ lbs) tensions. Used 17g for a while, but I prefer the 18g as it has a little more pop. Seems like the black has a little bit more pop than the red, but that could be my imagination.

Helix - did not care for this string. Has to be strung below 55lbs or it breaks very quickly. At 54lbs in a MG Radical MP it felt like a trampoline. Strung a MG Radical MP @ 60lbs at it broke before hitting a ball.

Pro-Line X - same as above. Strung this at 58lbs in a stock Prestige Pro and it didn't last a set.

Multifibre - have used as a full bed and as a hybrid with PLII. AWESOME multi for a reasonable price. Would put it right behind a TF X-one or a NRG2. Good feel, good tension maintenance and it lasts a long time even when frayed. If you are looking for an affordable, arm-friendly multi, this is the way to go.

Super Smash Orange - very firm poly. I liked the string response, but my elbow and shoulder did not. Have it presently in a MG Radical MP at 58lbs. May try to drop this one down to around 54lbs to see what it feels like.

Hybrix Spin - great combo of a firm, textured main and a soft multi cross. I have had this one strung as high as 64lbs in a Prince TT Air Rip and it takes forever to break. Crosses will go before the mains. Good feeling string with a fair amount of spin available coming off the string bed. Mains are similar to PLI and crosses are basically Multifibre. Not sure if you can even buy this one anymore. Used this string for a while before switching to the PLII/Multifibre hybrid and now the PL Evo.

Spiky Shark - great spin producing string out of the gate, but it seems to lose its texture rather quickly. I did up a hybrid with SS in the mains and PLII 18g in the crosses, both at 58lbs. Was great for about four sets, then felt like it went dead.

Hope this helps!

EastAngels2014 12-25-2012 08:03 AM

that's very helpful thank you very much

stringtight 12-27-2012 07:26 PM

I have been using the Pro Line 18 for over three years! excellent string. I tried the 17 but prefer the 18 for more pop and feel. I have settled on using Kirsch 18 in the mains and Gamma Pro 16 in the crosses. I tried the Gamma in the Mains and the 18 Kirsch in the crosses but they always broke in a set or two. I really loved this set up but just didn't last. I have experienced very good playability and durability with the Kirsch in the mains. I use a 16x18 pattern prince.

Korso 12-28-2012 04:12 PM

PL II Evolution is a nice string, love it in my PB10 mid.

Ess 12-29-2012 09:01 AM

I've used the Pro Line II on occasion. I rotate between that SPPP and WC Silverstring. Depending on my mood, I will like one more than the other on any given day, but they are all relativly comfortable, with decent spin and good control. I think the SPPP hold tension a bit longer than the Pro Line II, but I keep using them all so they are the best polys I have found. I hope to one day decide on just one and stick with it.

Ess 12-29-2012 09:10 AM

^^^All at 52lbs in a full bed on IG Prestige Pro, for what it's worth.

Macedo 12-30-2012 07:42 AM

Currently I'm using the Super Smash Spiky 1,25mm. Great string overall, good spin and an awesome control. Well, it has two big issues: 1 Loses easily tension; 2 Its texture desappear very quickly
That means that you will notice some difference when playing with a fresh string and one that is almost breaking