Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Junior League & Tournament Talk (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Jr orange bowl video (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=448944)

ac10splyr 12-24-2012 05:33 AM

Jr orange bowl video

I was curious to see if anybody had video of any of the matches or finals at the jr orange bowl that just finished yesterday?

db10s 12-24-2012 06:54 AM

You wouldn't want to see my first round qualifier match where I choked big time...

Logic Dude 12-24-2012 06:56 AM

http://www.youtube.com/user/tenniskalamazoo

db10s 12-24-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Logic Dude (Post 7077380)

Good footage, but no JR Orange Bowl.

Logic Dude 12-24-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by db10s (Post 7077390)
Good footage, but no JR Orange Bowl.

Ah, sorry. Didn't notice the jr.

lala28m 12-26-2012 02:43 PM

www.youtube.com/user/flatrentodessa

Youtube search only wields G12's results. I tried all their names, Mmoh, lunsde, taylor, etc etc.. Other than the official Intro Orange Bowl posted, only matches uploaded I could find from finals are G12's.

Looks like both camps videoed it, but the above linked channel is by far better quality. 14 total clips, looks to be chronological if you follow the numbers on the video labels after contestant names (Desi-Yetra...All end in .3 )>>> i.e. .3 > 1.3 > 2.3 > 4.3 > ......13.3

Edava2day is the other youtube user/channel, but like i said, same match, worse video qlty.

Nostradamus 12-26-2012 03:03 PM

I don't get it. some of these matches are played on clay and some are played on hard courts ?

lala28m 12-26-2012 03:21 PM

Yeah. Just B14 division is clay, the other 3, B12,G12ŁG14 are hard court.

db10s 12-26-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lala28m (Post 7080498)
Yeah. Just B14 division is clay, the other 3, B12,G12ŁG14 are hard court.

B14 is Hard Court (University of Miami), B12 Clay, G14 Hard??? (Crandon Park), Not sure about G12s....

I know B14 is hard because I played in it...

TCF 12-26-2012 04:13 PM

=====================

crosbydog 12-26-2012 04:42 PM

[quote=lala28m;7080467]www.youtube.com/user/flatrentodessa

Youtube search only wields G12's results.>> Good that is exactly what I was looking for - thanks!

crosbydog 12-26-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCF (Post 7080545)

For long term development seems like you would be better off having girls play vs college players or boys their age rather than waste time playing the structured girl's 12s.

That's why I have my 11 y.o. daughter playing up into the 16's. Now she wants to try the 18's :shock:

lala28m 12-26-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by db10s (Post 7080503)
B14 is Hard Court (University of Miami), B12 Clay, G14 Hard??? (Crandon Park), Not sure about G12s....

I know B14 is hard because I played in it...

My fault. I meant B12 (not 14s) is clay. All 3 other divisions are hard court.

Nostradamus 12-26-2012 05:47 PM

Any of these boys next Federer or Nadal like talent?

arche3 12-26-2012 06:05 PM

Just watching some of the Ystremskaia vs. Desiatnikov match. I'm assuming AD is in the dark shirt and Ystre is in blue.

AD can play. Not the best fundamentals. The serve is just horrible. If my son served like that i would not feed him food till he fixed it. Chain him to the court next to a truck load of tennis balls. Unacceptable. And my only ambition for my son is college tennis. Not pros. Please rgwarren fix your kids serve. Its simply unacceptable. She also slaps at her fh when she can just as easily setup and rip it. Bad habits. She pushes when ran even when she gets to the ball on time. These symptoms are because she values wins over form at this point. As she ages and hits the same shots her future opponents will not miss the put aways like this Ystre does at critical times.

What I liked about Ystre is she hit her shots. Went for them. Not much pushing. Angles. Went for winners when presented. On the run she hit the ball. Didn't push the ball on the run like AD does.

I predict as Ystre gains experience her percentage will go up. And the shots girls like AD relies on Ystre to miss will not materialise. At that point AD will be a victum of her early success. She doesnt win the points but rather waits for the opponent to lose them.

How to fix this problem looming right over the horizon for AD? Number one. Fix the serve. If any one thing that will keep her from pro succes (i define success as making money ) it will be the serve. It is terrible. I can forgive the pushing if she can actually serve. How will she win as the girls all age and the returns get better and better and AD is fluffing serves in? Now she relies on her ground game and defense and pushing to win at age 12. AD needs to be able to hold serve as she continues in her tennis.

AD obviously has the champions mindset. The will to win. I like her demeanor on court. She acts like a little champion. I would be willing to drink the coolaid if she stopped pushing and learned how to serve. If rgwarren come in here and states her serve is fine he is delusional. If AD wants to win and turn pro at 17? I would take loses now before she gets too old to change. Fix the serve. Fix the pushing. Keep the champions mindset.

TCF 12-26-2012 06:21 PM

=========================

ac10splyr 12-26-2012 07:37 PM

any of the boys 12's orange bowl video out, yshai kid...?

coaching32yrs 12-27-2012 05:39 AM

Quote:

From those videos I see why my girl's coaches have made us swear not to take tournament results and rankings serious until the 14s at the earliest. Instead focus on development.

You can see what happens when they start competing before they have good serves and don't have sound ground strokes with proper net clearance. Its weird how girl's 12s tennis looks so different than 'real' tennis compared to the boy's 12s.

Its strange because many times the girls are physically and mentally advanced vs the boys their age at 11-12. In practice we have girls that age who can play with or beat the boys. But for whatever reason when they compete with each other in structured tournaments, the girl's look awful compared to the boys.

For long term development seems like you would be better off having girls play vs college players or boys their age rather than waste time playing the structured girl's 12s.

Coach: I think it is important to your player's development to let her compete in the 12's with the understanding that winning titles in the 12's is not the goal or objective- becoming a top D1 level/possible pro level player is. I have seen this work well before. There is a lot to be learned competing in the 12's as long as the player and parents realize the points, rankings, and titles in the 12's are not important.

barringer97 12-27-2012 06:02 AM

Quote:

From those videos I see why my girl's coaches have made us swear not to take tournament results and rankings serious until the 14s at the earliest. Instead focus on development.

You can see what happens when they start competing before they have good serves and don't have sound ground strokes with proper net clearance. Its weird how girl's 12s tennis looks so different than 'real' tennis compared to the boy's 12s.

Its strange because many times the girls are physically and mentally advanced vs the boys their age at 11-12. In practice we have girls that age who can play with or beat the boys. But for whatever reason when they compete with each other in structured tournaments, the girl's look awful compared to the boys.

I read somewhere that they (both) didn't hold their serve until it was 5-5. It's almost in complete reverse with men's tennis.

But man, they can pound it from the baseline. Props to them.

db10s 12-27-2012 06:21 AM

There were more people watching the match on that court in the first round of B14 qualifying.