Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Nadal: "My rehab has gone well, my knee feels good and I was looking forward to compe (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=449019)

RAFA2005RG 12-25-2012 09:43 AM

Nadal: "My rehab has gone well, my knee feels good and I was looking forward to compe

http://www.nbc29.com/story/20421585/...by-stomach-bug
Quote:

The Spaniard was scheduled to play in an exhibition tournament in Abu Dhabi on Thursday after missing seven months because of tendinitis in his left knee. But he said on his Facebook page Tuesday that his doctors ordered him to pull out when he was running a fever, telling him his body needed rest.

"My rehab has gone well, my knee feels good and I was looking forward to competing," he said.

Ico 12-25-2012 09:47 AM

But he won't. Not seeing the point of this thread.

RAFA2005RG 12-25-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ico (Post 7078634)
But he won't. Not seeing the point of this thread.

The point is obvious. His knee is ready. Doha or Australia, he's ready to go as soon as the virus lessens.

cc0509 12-25-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 7078642)
The point is obvious. His knee is ready. Doha or Australia, he's ready to go as soon as the virus lessens.

Yeah, sure he is! How is he going to play the AO with no match practice beforehand?

RAFA2005RG 12-25-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc0509 (Post 7078654)
Yeah, sure he is! How is he going to play the AO with no match practice beforehand?

Nadal has already said he's not expecting to win, until Monte Carlo, so the Australian Open is the match practice. But the odds are he'll play something before the Australian Open too. There are options, Doha or scheduling an exhibition match in Australia or even Kooyong.

underground 12-26-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 7078642)

Exactly. The virus will not lessen until the clay season starts.

cc0509 12-26-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underground (Post 7079928)
Exactly. The virus will not lessen until the clay season starts.

No, he will likely be back to the "knee story" for Doha and the AO.

mistik 12-26-2012 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc0509 (Post 7079933)
No, he will likely be back to the "knee story" for Doha and the AO.

Exactly.He can still find another lies like this virus affected the recovery process of the knees.After all the teeth infection is one of the main reasons of slow recovery process No ???:)

cc0509 12-26-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistik (Post 7079946)
Exactly.He can still find another lies like this virus affected the recovery process of the knees.After all the teeth infection is one of the main reasons of slow recovery process No ???:)

That is what he will say, because of the virus and not playing at Abu Dhabi he was not able to get in match practice and he can't play the AO if he is not ready or something like that. I could be wrong and he will play Doha and the AO but I can't see it right now. He has even hinted in his interviews that he does not care about any tournament this year before clay season or I think last week he said he does not expect to be competitive until the IW. What bigger hint do we need?

mistik 12-26-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc0509 (Post 7079952)
That is what he will say, because of the virus and not playing at Abu Dhabi he was not able to get in match practice and he can't play the AO if he is not ready or something like that. I could be wrong and he will play Doha and the AO but I can't see it right now. He has even hinted in his interviews that he does not care about any tournament this year before clay season or I think last week he said he does not expect to be competitive until the IW. What bigger hint do we need?

This year scenario is all about for Murray and Djokovic rivalry and Fed retirement.Maybe you are right he will be back but they will try to show it like it takes time.He can still have a great year in 14 or 15 like Serena Williams in WTA last year.The only reason ı think you maybe right is his popularity.He isnt Soderling or Davydenko he has a big fan base.

Tammo 12-26-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc0509 (Post 7078654)

yeah, he will. How did novak win wimbledon without any grass practice ? huh????? idiot....

6-1 6-3 6-0 12-26-2012 10:14 AM

Can't wait to see Nadal back on-court. We all know what happens when Nadal drops to #4 in the world... WINNER of slams on clay, grass and hard-court all in a calendar year. 3 straight slams. Who knows, he could come up with an even more amazing result in 2013. :-P

cc0509 12-26-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tammo (Post 7079993)
yeah, he will. How did novak win wimbledon without any grass practice ? huh????? idiot....

Did Novak take 6 straight months off the circuit, sorry I must have missed that. How can you compare Nadal's break of six months or more to Djokovic not playing one grass tournament before Wimbledon? And you are calling me the idiot? :confused:

cc0509 12-26-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistik (Post 7079984)
This year scenario is all about for Murray and Djokovic rivalry and Fed retirement.Maybe you are right he will be back but they will try to show it like it takes time.He can still have a great year in 14 or 15 like Serena Williams in WTA last year.The only reason ı think you maybe right is his popularity.He isnt Soderling or Davydenko he has a big fan base.

Murray and Djokovic don't sell tickets the way Nadal and Federer do. Nadal will be back, it could be the AO or not until the clay season or around the IW/Miami time, but he will be back and he will be running around like a rabbit as always.

mistik 12-26-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc0509 (Post 7080013)
Murray and Djokovic don't sell tickets the way Nadal and Federer do. Nadal will be back, it could be the AO or not until the clay season or around the IW/Miami time, but he will be back and he will be running around like a rabbit as always.

You have a point that both Djoko and Murray not have the star power of Fedal,but Fedal is longer creates the same excitement and they become a little bit of old news as well.

cc0509 12-26-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistik (Post 7080022)
You have a point that both Djoko and Murray not have the star power of Fedal,but Fedal is longer creates the same excitement and they become a little bit of old news as well.

No, I don't think so. Players either have that charisma or they don't. Nadal and Federer have it, Djokovic and Murray do not. I don't think Djokovic and Murray will ever be anything close to Fedal in that respect. Very few players are ever as popular as a Federer, Nadal, Borg, Agassi, etc. Those are special cases.

Mike Sams 12-26-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6-1 6-3 6-0 (Post 7079997)
Can't wait to see Nadal back on-court. We all know what happens when Nadal drops to #4 in the world... WINNER of slams on clay, grass and hard-court all in a calendar year. 3 straight slams. Who knows, he could come up with an even more amazing result in 2013. :-P

Anything's possible. :) Personally I think 2010 was a gift for Nadal since Djokovic, Del Potro, Murray and Federer were all non-factors in the Slams. When Djokovic finally matured, Nadal no longer could win anything besides clay. So there won't be any more non-clay titles for Nadal anymore. I think he'll get MC, Rome and RG though in 2013 barring an upset.

Mike Sams 12-26-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc0509 (Post 7080048)
No, I don't think so. Players either have that charisma or they don't. Nadal and Federer have it, Djokovic and Murray do not. I don't think Djokovic and Murray will ever be anything close to Fedal in that respect. Very few players are ever as popular as a Federer, Nadal, Borg, Agassi, etc. Those are special cases.

It's far too early to say if Djoker/Murray will ever be close to Fedal in terms of populariy. Nadal and Federer are only charismatic because of their accomplishments. Was anybody here giving Federer the time of day when he was getting bounced by guys like Ancic in the Slams 10 years back? People just like to ride the wagons of the winners. Nadal and Federer are record holders hence they receive a great deal of support from fans who like to see records get broken.
If Murray and Djokovic were in contention for breaking a crapload of records, they'd get a lot more support. If Djokovic becomes the man to knock off Nadal at RG in 2013, his starpower could skyrocket.

zam88 12-26-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6-1 6-3 6-0 (Post 7079997)

are you a bot?

underground 12-26-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tammo (Post 7079993)

By actually winning going 43-1 in matches before Wimbledon, and not without match wins for 6 months. Idiot.