Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Tennis great Rafael Nadal has a new iPhone app (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=449054)

tusharlovesrafa 12-25-2012 08:21 PM

Tennis great Rafael Nadal has a new iPhone app

Quote:

"You can use it anywhere on the court or at school, and compare any shot of yours to a professional player," says Nadal.

SAN FRANCISCO Tennis great Rafael Nadal is ready for his comeback.

Since a knee injury sidelined him after this year's Wimbledon, he's been out of action. But he'll be back at the Australian Open next month, and with a new iPhone app.

The new Rafael Nadal Tennis Academy App, developed with video-analysis firm Vstrator, will be available within the next few days on iTunes. It offers in-depth tennis tutorials of Nadal's strokes, along with Vstrator's easy-to-use video coaching tools.

"This helps you visualize how to become a better player," Nadal, the world's No. 4-ranked player, told USA TODAY in a phone interview.

The app (www.vstrator.com/rafanadal) lets consumers capture and analyze video of athletic motions such as ground strokes and serves. Video can be recorded or imported from a smartphone camera into the app. So-called "Vstrate" technology lets users highlight video to zero in on any part of their game.

Users of the app can frame video forward and back to compare their technique with Nadal and other players. Vstrator video can be shared via Facebook, Twitter, e-mail or text message.

The normally low-key Nadal, 26, rarely does interviews or endorsements. But he made an exception with Vstrator to reach out to fans, he says.

"You can use it anywhere on the court or at school, and compare any shot of yours to a professional player," says Nadal, an 11-time Grand Slam champion. "It is a great way to learn tennis, and see how you can improve."

Vstrator hopes to "lead the sports community into the digital age and taking coaching and training to a new level," says Rob Autry, the company's CEO and founder
Despite being out of competition for more than 6 months this guy is still creating ripples around the world..:)

psYcon 12-25-2012 08:26 PM

corrected...

Quote:

Originally Posted by tusharlovesrafa (Post 7079438)
"You can use it anywhere on the court or at school, and compare any shot of yours to a professional player, no?," says Nadal.

SAN FRANCISCO Tennis great Rafael Nadal is ready for his comeback.

Since a knee injury sidelined him after this year's Wimbledon, he's been out of action. But he'll be back at the Australian Open next month, and with a new iPhone app.

The new Rafael Nadal Tennis Academy App, developed with video-analysis firm Vstrator, will be available within the next few days on iTunes. It offers in-depth tennis tutorials of Nadal's strokes, along with Vstrator's easy-to-use video coaching tools.

"This helps you visualize how to become a better player," Nadal, the world's No. 4-ranked player, told USA TODAY in a phone interview.

The app (www.vstrator.com/rafanadal) lets consumers capture and analyze video of athletic motions such as ground strokes and serves. Video can be recorded or imported from a smartphone camera into the app. So-called "Vstrate" technology lets users highlight video to zero in on any part of their game.

Users of the app can frame video forward and back to compare their technique with Nadal and other players. Vstrator video can be shared via Facebook, Twitter, e-mail or text message.

The normally low-key Nadal, 26, rarely does interviews or endorsements. But he made an exception with Vstrator to reach out to fans, he says.

"You can use it anywhere on the court or at school, and compare any shot of yours to a professional player," says Nadal, an 11-time Grand Slam champion. "It is a great way to learn tennis, and see how you can improve."

Vstrator hopes to "lead the sports community into the digital age and taking coaching and training to a new level," says Rob Autry, the company's CEO and founder

stringertom 12-25-2012 09:54 PM

So, if I ever succumb to a nervous tic that forces me to constantly "adjust" a part of my anatomy below my waist, will I be able to compare my technique to The Great Mallorcan's???

smoledman 12-25-2012 11:35 PM

Did Rafa write the app himself?

vive le beau jeu ! 12-26-2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

Despite being out of competition for more than 6 months this guy is still creating ripples around the world..:)

does it also teach how to properly call the trainer at the right wrong time, bully your opponent, get coaching from tio toni, pick your butt, etc. ?

mikeler 12-26-2012 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoledman (Post 7079567)
Did Rafa write the app himself?

He had months to pick up Objective C in his spare time.

wy2sl0 12-26-2012 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vive le beau jeu ! (Post 7079607)
does it also teach how to properly call the trainer at the right wrong time, bully your opponent, get coaching from tio toni, pick your butt, etc. ?

:):):)Special Bonus Edition Feature: How to place water bottles in the same spot for your entire career to help you win the mental battle against your opponents (or in some cases yourself) :)

hoodjem 12-26-2012 06:36 AM

Quote:

Oh my god! I am so thrilled.

My life revolves around such a trivial absurdity.

vive le beau jeu ! 12-26-2012 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wy2sl0 (Post 7079730)
Special Bonus Edition Feature: How to place water bottles in the same spot for your entire career to help you win the mental battle against your opponents (or in some cases yourself) :)

just had a look at the website... and it seems you're right ! ;)

forzamilan90 12-26-2012 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vive le beau jeu ! (Post 7079778)

Perhaps one of the greatest posts this forum has ever seen. :-D

underground 12-26-2012 08:28 AM

Quote:

slowfox 12-26-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeler (Post 7079688)
He had months to pick up Objective C in his spare time.

Planning for life after tennis.

jokinla 12-26-2012 08:31 PM

It's going to let you keep up with all his different injuries, illnesses, silent bans, etc., great idea!!

nikdom 12-28-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

1 star. This app quits working unexpectedly.

monfed 12-28-2012 03:10 PM

OMG vlbj,totally cracked me up ROFL!!! You genious! :lol:

Retaliation 12-28-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikdom (Post 7083954)
1 star. This app quits working unexpectedly.

LOL! I love it.

I thought the app was going to be something like, "how to get out of a big corporate meeting by having a knee injury even though nobody was able to see you limping"...

The new update includes "how to get out of a dinner with your in-laws by having a stomach virus".

RCizzle65 12-28-2012 10:36 PM

Quote:

LMAO, nice edit

rommil 12-30-2012 07:05 PM

The Rafa app has a virus:(

dudeski 12-30-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Another classic! Well done! Reminds of that topspin monkey kids toy image you did years back :)

dudeski 12-30-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forzamilan90 (Post 7079797)
Perhaps one of the greatest posts this forum has ever seen. :-D

That would be this actually:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vive le beau jeu ! (Post 1091477)
as you know, there was already the feder-bear...

but nadal fans were getting a bit jealous, so here is...
... the nadal-monkey !

whereas the benefits of the feder-bear were given to a charitable association for helping the poor little children of the world, the benefits of the nadal-monkey will help building a new generation of nuclear nukes (+ a bit for buying a new sport car to uncle tony).

PS: RBF, don't forget to order it for Xmas ! ;)