Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Neos, Glide bars and The UK (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=449062)

domosborn 12-26-2012 03:56 AM

Neos, Glide bars and The UK

Im UK based and have an ektelon model H which im in the process of ovehauling, it words fine but I think could do with a new set of glide bars? I am UK based so I don't think tennismachines are an option, do you know anywhere in the UK (preferably north UK) that services these Or the Neos, also in terms of the tension head, it pulls linearly but 3lbs low, and i can't calibrate it any higher if that makes sense? Its a nuisance but not the end of the world and am wondering if there is anything I can do about that again bearing in mind tennismachines isnt really an option? Long term I am looking at getting a wise so not the end of the world if not but if anyone has any ideas then it would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Dom

uk_skippy 12-26-2012 06:12 AM

Hi Dom

service agents for most stringing machines (in uK) inc Neos/Prince are Apollo Leisure (01202 821000) who are based in Bournemouth.

They will travel to do servicing but yo'll have to pay travel mileage. Best would be to send it to them. However they're not open until 2nd January.

Highly recommend these guys. Have worked with them for nearly 25 years; they also run the Wimby stringing service; and lead technician is a highly knowledgable and respected guy within this field.

Regards

paul

Irvin 12-26-2012 10:43 AM

domosborn check you tension gauge. I had one that stuck at 55 lbs no matter what I did.

uk_skippy 12-26-2012 11:36 AM

Whereabouts in North UK are you?

Regards

Paul

domosborn 12-26-2012 12:00 PM

Im in west yorkshire, inwas thinking maybe i need a new spring? But i will give apollo a call, many thanks, why do you ask?

uk_skippy 12-26-2012 01:07 PM

^^^Just asking as I'll be covering some tournaments in Jan in Sheffield & Preston; and didnt know if you were near and I could take a look at the machine for you.

Regards

Paul

Squidward 12-26-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uk_skippy (Post 7080335)
^^^Just asking as I'll be covering some tournaments in Jan in Sheffield & Preston; and didnt know if you were near and I could take a look at the machine for you.

Regards

Paul

Nice offer! Take'm up on it if you can!!

domosborn 12-28-2012 12:28 AM

I would love to take paul up on his offer, but I'm in Bradford, so that's quite a long way out of your way I think, however if you passing through en route to anywhere that would be fantastic, thanks for the very kind offer, and for the advice, thanks guys!

uk_skippy 12-28-2012 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by domosborn (Post 7082496)
I would love to take paul up on his offer, but I'm in Bradford, so that's quite a long way out of your way I think, however if you passing through en route to anywhere that would be fantastic, thanks for the very kind offer, and for the advice, thanks guys!

Unfortunately Bradford is not on my way from Preston to Sheffield. If Sheffield was my last stop I'd come back up the M1, but I go on to Wirral after Sheffield so timings won't allow. Suggest you give Apollo a call as previously suggested.

Regards

Paul