Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Shoes and Apparel (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Some tennis shoes advice for my specific needs, please. (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=449091)

Surecatch 12-26-2012 10:38 AM

Some tennis shoes advice for my specific needs, please.

Hey peeps'....I haven't been around in awhile, but it's good to be back. I've been working hard at becoming a better player, even in the face of Michigan winter limitations, etc.

I got tennis shoes for Christmas....Adidas Bercuda. I am generally an Adidas guy and shun Nike for reasons that probably aren't justified, but I figure there is plenty of other brands to pick from, so whatever. I don't like the fit of the Adidas Bercudas I got yesterday...they seem narrow. I've been playing with New Balance 623 shoes, which aren't really tennis specific, but felt very good on my feet from the get-go. I think having your kicks feel good on the court is half the battle, but the other half is to get the benefits of tennis-specific court shoes, and I feel I need them now. So I'm going to return the Adidas Bercudas. Can you guys give me some direction on what to look for? I'm looking for something that is a bit wider, and has good support for high arches. Unfortunately, I'm only in the $60-$70 range at the most. I be poor...haha. I think my wife got these Bercudas for $45 bucks here at the T-Ware'.

I've heard that Asics are great.....I wouldn't mind going in that direction. But whatever I get, I'll likely have to order them from here to use my refund, and I've always been wary of ordering shoes online because it's one thing I insist on trying on.

So point me in the right direction....a bit wider, high arch support. Preferably Adidas, Asics, or New Balance.

TIA, guys.

slowfox 12-26-2012 11:30 AM

I love my Asics GR4s. Priced higher than your stated range, but I think they're worth it. Plus they have a six-month guarantee. If you wear them out before then, you can send them back and get a new pair (at least that's what the warranty card says..)

volusiano 12-26-2012 12:25 PM

I got the Babolat V-Pro All Court on sale for $45 and I like the fit. Maybe worth a try for you. Can't swear for durability since I just got them a couple of weeks ago but they feel comfortable for me right out of the bat.

ArliHawk 12-26-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surecatch (Post 7080139)
Hey peeps'....I haven't been around in awhile, but it's good to be back. I've been working hard at becoming a better player, even in the face of Michigan winter limitations, etc.

I got tennis shoes for Christmas....Adidas Bercuda. I am generally an Adidas guy and shun Nike for reasons that probably aren't justified, but I figure there is plenty of other brands to pick from, so whatever. I don't like the fit of the Adidas Bercudas I got yesterday...they seem narrow. I've been playing with New Balance 623 shoes, which aren't really tennis specific, but felt very good on my feet from the get-go. I think having your kicks feel good on the court is half the battle, but the other half is to get the benefits of tennis-specific court shoes, and I feel I need them now. So I'm going to return the Adidas Bercudas. Can you guys give me some direction on what to look for? I'm looking for something that is a bit wider, and has good support for high arches. Unfortunately, I'm only in the $60-$70 range at the most. I be poor...haha. I think my wife got these Bercudas for $45 bucks here at the T-Ware'.

I've heard that Asics are great.....I wouldn't mind going in that direction. But whatever I get, I'll likely have to order them from here to use my refund, and I've always been wary of ordering shoes online because it's one thing I insist on trying on.

So point me in the right direction....a bit wider, high arch support. Preferably Adidas, Asics, or New Balance.

TIA, guys.

If you are an adidas guy, try the Feather 2. A little wide for my liking, but great shoes.

tennismastermine 12-26-2012 02:02 PM

I have read your thread, and noticed that your price range is $60-$70, but the new Adidas cc feather II are wide. I know that it's not in your range but this is a wide shoe offered by adidas.

Surecatch 12-27-2012 03:00 PM

I think I'm going to try the Asics gel game 3. I've heard great things about the Asics shoes, they have the minimalist look I prefer, and seem to have good reviews. Do they really run a half size small? Comfort is a huge deal for me, and I hear constantly how comfy' they are.

Any thoughts on those specific shoes?

And thanks again for the responses.

Surecatch 01-12-2013 12:52 PM

Going with Asics gel game 4... Any thoughts on these?

hittman10 01-12-2013 03:52 PM

Got the GR4's on sale, great shoes, nice wide fit and the 6 mo warranty. been playing in them for a month now and love em.

Surecatch 01-26-2013 01:57 PM

Got the Gel Game 4...props to TW for fast turnaround. I haven't played with them yet but the fit and feel right out of the box is amazing. Very excited to try them on the court.