Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Doesn't anyone else like Wilson NXT Control? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=449114)

Mick3391 12-26-2012 05:56 PM

Doesn't anyone else like Wilson NXT Control?
 
I don't see much on it. I read it's the 3rd most popular string and I LOVE IT.

Maybe I just haven't played all of the others, and yea it's no gut, but it's rock solid, I don't know I love it, has good touch, and you can kill it.

I've tried soft poly's and they are weird to me, the NXT Control I don't know it feels rough and solid, well anyone else like it or hate it?

rafafan20 12-26-2012 07:43 PM

I'd like to try it but no local stores carry it, maybe I will order some.

Brocolt 12-26-2012 08:23 PM

Out of all the top (I mean the ones that cost the most) Multis Wilson Nxt was my favorite. until I tried the discho Multifibre. Now nxt is #2

ASH1485 12-26-2012 11:55 PM

it kept moving like crazy from my first hitting session with it. i didnt like that.

mikeler 12-27-2012 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brocolt (Post 7080855)
Out of all the top (I mean the ones that cost the most) Multis Wilson Nxt was my favorite. until I tried the discho Multifibre. Now nxt is #2

I did not care for NXT but NXT Control is my favorite Wilson string.

Ess 12-27-2012 08:18 AM

NXT Control is my favorite non-poly string. A lot of control, comfortable, and okay, but just okay spin potential. Resonably durable too. I keep a few sets on hand in case of emergency!

jonnyboi09 12-27-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ess (Post 7081461)
NXT Control is my favorite non-poly string. A lot of control, comfortable, and okay, but just okay spin potential. Resonably durable too. I keep a few sets on hand in case of emergency!

Same here, if I were to switch to a multi or hybrid, NXT would Bevin the top of my list.

Humble_Warrior 12-28-2012 12:26 PM

Didn't like NXT either. Play with Premiere 18

derickyan 12-28-2012 12:38 PM

wait how does the regular nxt play compared to the control version? never played with the control, i'll try it next time i get my rackets strung :D

mikeler 12-28-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derickyan (Post 7083582)
wait how does the regular nxt play compared to the control version? never played with the control, i'll try it next time i get my rackets strung :D

Oddly enough, the Control version felt softer to me even though it has some poly in it.

djNEiGht 12-28-2012 09:27 PM

I hit recently w NXT tour in a cross. Don't know how different it is compared to control...by felt very comfy and had good power. I have a full bed of NXT in an 18x20 and that thing is so low powered but has great direction control.

What was that Wilson test string that was given out a year or so? Was that one of the NXT strings?

mikeler 12-29-2012 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djNEiGht (Post 7084602)
I hit recently w NXT tour in a cross. Don't know how different it is compared to control...by felt very comfy and had good power. I have a full bed of NXT in an 18x20 and that thing is so low powered but has great direction control.

What was that Wilson test string that was given out a year or so? Was that one of the NXT strings?

I don't believe they ever named the test string.

Mick3391 12-29-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derickyan (Post 7083582)
wait how does the regular nxt play compared to the control version? never played with the control, i'll try it next time i get my rackets strung :D

Have only played the NXT Control, I just don't see any flaws with it. If it were summer I'd be playing Gut, but for this weather, I don't know I have tried other things, Nylon is like you kill it and it only does so much, don't like some of those Poly's, they degrade quick and feel weird to me, but the Control I can do anything.

Muppet 12-29-2012 06:13 PM

I found the free sample to be bland. But at my level I judge my equipment on how good it feels as opposed to its performance. IIRC it did seem more consistent and comfortable than most strings.

JackB1 12-29-2012 06:23 PM

NXT control is a great string that is very unique. I think it's more multi than poly but it plays soft like a multi but with low-power. If you need a low powered string thats soft then this one should be given some consideration. I only used it in a full job for some higher powered rackets, but I would imagine it would make a nice durable and soft cross with poly mains. It's only drawback is that it's quite expensive. I remember it being near $20 a pack. It's quite different from all the other NXT strings. NXf tour is a premium multi. And NXT is a multi but Nothing like the tour version. Very crisp feeling but not much power or feel to it.

Ronaldo 12-29-2012 06:27 PM

Like it more at $10/set.

Mick3391 12-31-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackB1 (Post 7085934)
NXT control is a great string that is very unique. I think it's more multi than poly but it plays soft like a multi but with low-power. If you need a low powered string thats soft then this one should be given some consideration. I only used it in a full job for some higher powered rackets, but I would imagine it would make a nice durable and soft cross with poly mains. It's only drawback is that it's quite expensive. I remember it being near $20 a pack. It's quite different from all the other NXT strings. NXf tour is a premium multi. And NXT is a multi but Nothing like the tour version. Very crisp feeling but not much power or feel to it.

More than $20.00, at least for me. Low powered? I can kill it with this stuff.

I guess to each their own, I just love it, it doesn't degrade really that much, grabs the ball, yet has touch, don't know I'm surprised how much I love it and I'm a advanced player.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse