Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Do you prefer it when you aren't sure which event Nadal is playing? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=449135)

RAFA2005RG 12-27-2012 12:30 AM

Do you prefer it when you aren't sure which event Nadal is playing?

I must admit, I enjoy tennis more when I'm not sure if Nadal is playing or not. It adds to the drama of the lead-up to each slam. It has made Talk Tennis in particular a lot busier. I thank Nadal's haters for focusing so heavily on Nadal and allowing the forum to flourish. I hope the "will he or won't he play" drama will be prevalent throughout the next 5 years (and it is wise of Nadal to keep this mystery about his schedule), and it will be especially fun when Nadal approaches his next goal - the Rio Olympics - because a "will he or won't he play" weeks before Rio 2016 will be enormously suspenseful, considering how much Nadal talks about Rio, as it is at the forefront of his mind. Its amazing how much Nadal means to people who wish ill to him as they so frequently demand to know if Nadal is playing, and want so badly to write him off and into retirement (since 2009 at least). Nadal has them in his pocket. Its a great sign of power.

akind 12-27-2012 12:50 AM

I prefer it when a player ranked 100 or lower beat Nadal to bits.

RAFA2005RG 12-27-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akind (Post 7081033)

I enjoyed the Rosol match too, especially that lopsided 4th set when Nadal was serving like a machine and hitting with rare power from the ground too and took the set 6-2. And the 5th set was thrilling, although the sole break occurred early, in a way that made every game more suspenseful.

FedererDropShot 12-27-2012 12:56 AM

Useless thread is useless/10.

FedererDropShot 12-27-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 7081035)
I enjoyed the Rosol match too, especially that lopsided 4th set when Nadal was serving like a machine and hitting with rare power from the ground too. 5th set was thrilling too, although the sole break occurred early, in a way that made every game more suspenseful.

No you didn't. Stop lying to yourself.

Who cares about the 4th set, what matters is:

Nadal lost and never came back for the rest of 2012.

tusharlovesrafa 12-27-2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 7081027)
I must admit, I enjoy tennis more when I'm not sure if Nadal is playing or not. It adds to the drama of the lead-up to each slam. It has made Talk Tennis in particular a lot busier. I thank Nadal's haters for focusing so heavily on Nadal and allowing the forum to flourish. I hope the "will he or won't he play" drama will be prevalent throughout the next 5 years (and it is wise of Nadal to keep this mystery about his schedule), and it will be especially fun when Nadal approaches his next goal - the Rio Olympics - because a "will he or won't he play" weeks before Rio 2016 will be enormously suspenseful, considering how much Nadal talks about Rio, as it is at the forefront of his mind. Its amazing how much Nadal means to people who wish ill to him as they so frequently demand to know if Nadal is playing, and want so badly to write him off and into retirement (since 2009 at least). Nadal has them in his pocket. Its a great sign of power.

Ultimate pawn-age of ****s....:)

sdont 12-27-2012 01:47 AM

What kind of fan prefers it when his idol is injured?

vive le beau jeu ! 12-27-2012 02:39 AM

if you make a poll, don't forget to include a "prefer it when sure the nadal won't play any event" option. :)
Quote:

just re-watched the highlights on youtube yesterday... it was fun too. :)

ledwix 12-27-2012 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdont (Post 7081054)

A mentally wild one. Substitutionary megalomania.

Rogael Naderer 12-27-2012 04:37 AM

Quote:

To bits? Over 5 sets...

RAFA2005RG 12-27-2012 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdont (Post 7081054)

I know Nadal is not injured, his doctors said his knees were ready for a return to the tour. But Nadal will exercise caution, and will skip some hardcourt events from now on. That is where the uncertainty over his schedule is. It is nothing to do with injury. And the mystery of his scheduling adds drama to the tour as everybody hangs on his every move. Its great to see Nadal dominating the minds of Talk Tennis.

Gonzo_style 12-27-2012 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FedererDropShot (Post 7081036)
Useless thread is useless/10.

This.

10chars

RAFA2005RG 12-27-2012 05:20 AM

^ Anything but useless, considering how many of you are posting about Nadal's schedule. It is the hot topic. So the question is, do you all enjoy posting about Nadal's schedule, or are you posting with angry clinched teeth?

Feather 12-27-2012 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo_style (Post 7081191)
This.

10chars

I really doubt the OP is sarcastic

Gonzo_style 12-27-2012 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 7081196)
^ Anything but useless, considering how many of you are posting about Nadal's schedule. It is the hot topic. So the question is, do you all enjoy posting about Nadal's schedule, or are you posting with angry clinched teeth?

I'd like to see him play, not to speculate when he will play finally...

zam88 12-27-2012 05:33 AM

I think it's amazing that Nadal has had to take over 6 months off just to prove he was REALLY injured in that Rosol match so that his excuse would work.

It's going to be depressing when we see video of Nadal in 23 years coming out to celebrate the 30th anniversary of his first RG win during the 2035 roland garros and he's either using a cane or in a wheelchair because he can't walk/move.

The guy should quit now and enjoy his life... he's had a great run.. he's a multi-millionire several times over, has 11 slams, is definitely in the top 5 tennis players to step foot on a court in the modern era, and is a legend in his country.

beast of mallorca 12-27-2012 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zam88 (Post 7081218)
I think it's amazing that Nadal has had to take over 6 months off just to prove he was REALLY injured in that Rosol match so that his excuse would work.

It's going to be depressing when we see video of Nadal in 23 years coming out to celebrate the 30th anniversary of his first RG win during the 2035 roland garros and he's either using a cane or in a wheelchair because he can't walk/move.

The guy should quit now and enjoy his life... he's had a great run.. he's a multi-millionire several times over, has 11 slams, is definitely in the top 5 tennis players to step foot on a court in the modern era, and is a legend in his country.

fortunately, your thoughts are not his thoughts. :)

Tafmatch 12-27-2012 06:23 AM

It doesn't matter for you what Nadal does or doesn't. You always find a way to convince yourself that whatever happens it's good for Rafa 'the impossible'.

dr325i 12-27-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 7081027)
I must admit, I enjoy tennis more when I'm not sure if Nadal is playing or not. It adds to the drama of the lead-up to each slam. It has made Talk Tennis in particular a lot busier. I thank Nadal's haters for focusing so heavily on Nadal and allowing the forum to flourish. I hope the "will he or won't he play" drama will be prevalent throughout the next 5 years

Yep, this is it. RF will never be able to pull that one off making Rafa the true GOAT. End of discussion!

sdont 12-27-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA2005RG (Post 7081143)
I know Nadal is not injured, his doctors said his knees were ready for a return to the tour. But Nadal will exercise caution, and will skip some hardcourt events from now on. That is where the uncertainty over his schedule is. It is nothing to do with injury. And the mystery of his scheduling adds drama to the tour as everybody hangs on his every move. Its great to see Nadal dominating the minds of Talk Tennis.

But he was injured for the USO, no?

Do think Nadal consciously does this to pi** off the haters, or rather because he wants to make you happy?