Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Watch out Nadal - Ferrer is right behind you! (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=449137)

Virginia 12-27-2012 01:14 AM

Watch out Nadal - Ferrer is right behind you!
 
Current ranking points:

Nadal 6690
Ferrer 6505

If Nadal doesn't watch out, Ferrer will be the new No 4.

You heard it here first.

6-1 6-3 6-0 12-27-2012 02:35 AM

In 2010, Nadal dropped several spots in the ranking too, and went on to become the first male player to win slams on clay, grass and hard-court all in a calendar year. Ranking clearly doesn't matter that much to Nadal. :-P

(Also, you're not the first person to say this, many commentators have said it months before)

vive le beau jeu ! 12-27-2012 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virginia (Post 7081046)
Current ranking points:

Nadal 6690
Ferrer 6505

If Nadal doesn't watch out, Ferrer will be the new No 4.

You heard it here first.

i'm afraid we already heard it before, several times (there, for instance)... but it's still a likely and pleasant scenario, so ok for a new thread ! ;)

vamos david !

Monsieur_DeLarge 12-27-2012 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virginia (Post 7081046)
You heard it here first.

Err, no.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...66&postcount=3
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...10&postcount=5
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...99&postcount=7
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...28&postcount=8
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...6&postcount=10
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...7&postcount=11
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...5&postcount=12
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...2&postcount=15
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...6&postcount=16
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...7&postcount=17

That's just from the first page of one thread in the last week or so. People were talking about it prior to the Paris Indoor in November. The earliest thread on the matter I've found from a cursory search was started by timnz on the 3rd of November:
Is it theoretically possible that Ferrer could pass Nadal as the top ranked spaniard?

Given his username, you're therefore unlikely to even be the first New Zealander to start a thread on the matter. :p


Regards,
MDL

Mike Sams 12-27-2012 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6-1 6-3 6-0 (Post 7081065)
In 2010, Nadal dropped several spots in the ranking too, and went on to become the first male player to win slams on clay, grass and hard-court all in a calendar year. Ranking clearly doesn't matter that much to Nadal. :-P

(Also, you're not the first person to say this, many commentators have said it months before)

That's why he demanded a 2 year ranking system when he was on the ATP council. :lol:

forzamilan90 12-27-2012 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6-1 6-3 6-0 (Post 7081065)
In 2010, Nadal dropped several spots in the ranking too, and went on to become the first male player to win slams on clay, grass and hard-court all in a calendar year. Ranking clearly doesn't matter that much to Nadal. :-P

(Also, you're not the first person to say this, many commentators have said it months before)

You forgot to say "in world history"

underground 12-27-2012 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monsieur_DeLarge (Post 7081074)
Err, no.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...66&postcount=3
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...10&postcount=5
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...99&postcount=7
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...28&postcount=8
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...6&postcount=10
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...7&postcount=11
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...5&postcount=12
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...2&postcount=15
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...6&postcount=16
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...7&postcount=17

That's just from the first page of one thread in the last week or so. People were talking about it prior to the Paris Indoor in November. The earliest thread on the matter I've found from a cursory search was started by timnz on the 3rd of November:
Is it theoretically possible that Ferrer could pass Nadal as the top ranked spaniard?

Given his username, you're therefore unlikely to even be the first New Zealander to start a thread on the matter. :p


Regards,
MDL

Actually I suggested this possible scenario even before the USO

pringles 12-27-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monsieur_DeLarge (Post 7081074)
Err, no.

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...66&postcount=3
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...10&postcount=5
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...99&postcount=7
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...28&postcount=8
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...6&postcount=10
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...7&postcount=11
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...5&postcount=12
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...2&postcount=15
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...6&postcount=16
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showp...7&postcount=17

That's just from the first page of one thread in the last week or so. People were talking about it prior to the Paris Indoor in November. The earliest thread on the matter I've found from a cursory search was started by timnz on the 3rd of November:
Is it theoretically possible that Ferrer could pass Nadal as the top ranked spaniard?

Given his username, you're therefore unlikely to even be the first New Zealander to start a thread on the matter. :p


Regards,
MDL

The earliest thread is this: http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=444266

BHud 12-27-2012 07:17 AM

Well...I thought about it several years back, but never posted. :)

Cup8489 12-27-2012 07:21 AM

Guess Rafael "The Impossible" Nadal finds himself in a seemingly impossible scenario, being the second ranked spaniard despite holding a major over the soon-to-be top ranked spaniard.

Mustard 12-27-2012 07:31 AM

It's just a computer.

kishnabe 12-27-2012 08:08 AM

I doubt Nadal cares about that right now. I think he may have accepted that most likely Ferrer will pass him in the first few months.

Nadal worried about his form, knees and how far he goes in the event.

Beacon Hill 12-27-2012 08:28 AM

Good detective work. Perhaps a few people in the tennis world might have noticed that Ferrer is within 200 ranking points of Nadal, but you have obviously combined that information with research into the number of ranking points awarded for performance in ATP tournaments, and then cross referenced that with a calendar showing that there will be ATP events held this year.

Monsieur_DeLarge 12-27-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monsieur_DeLarge (Post 7081074)
The earliest thread on the matter I've found from a cursory search...

Quote:

Originally Posted by underground (Post 7081339)
Actually I suggested this possible scenario even before the USO

Quote:

Originally Posted by pringles (Post 7081357)

Hence my "cursory search" disclaimer. :-P


Regards,
MDL

90's Clay 12-27-2012 09:15 AM

Yea I'm sure Nadal is really upset and nervous about that since we know Ferrer is such a big threat to the top tournaments.

Whats even more pathetic is Nadal hasn't played in 7 months yet everyone is still behind him barring Fed, Nole and Murray. :shock:

Virginia 12-27-2012 09:18 AM

OK, point taken, but I don't LIVE here like some of the posters here. I do have a life outside tennis as well. :)

Mike Sams 12-27-2012 09:19 AM

Well...Ferrer HAS beaten Nadal in every non-clay Slam they've played.:neutral:

Mike Sams 12-27-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90's Clay (Post 7081538)
Yea I'm sure Nadal is really upset and nervous about that since we know Ferrer is such a big threat to the top tournaments.

Whats even more pathetic is Nadal hasn't played in 7 months yet everyone is still behind him barring Fed, Nole and Murray. :shock:

That won't be the case if Nadal doesn't come back to defend his points. It takes a year to see the real significance of the rankings system.

Mike Sams 12-27-2012 09:23 AM

If Nadal goes down to #5, he will have to play likely 3 of the top 4 players. Imagine Nadal's Wimbledon and USO draws. Play Federer in the quarters, Murray in the semis and Djokovic in the finals.:shock:

Murrayfan31 12-27-2012 10:00 AM

Nadal's style of play finally wearing him down. He will be outside the top 10 soon.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse