Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Tourna Big Hitter Black 7 and Yonex Pro poly tour? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=449166)

Francis27 12-27-2012 12:41 PM

Tourna Big Hitter Black 7 and Yonex Pro poly tour?

Im curious about these strings, they are very low in price and i want to give these strings a try, but before i do has anyone ever used these strings? Ive read good comments on them, but how did they do for you?

Muppet 12-28-2012 11:38 AM

I haven't used either of these, but they are both very interesting strings. I hope you get back to us when you try them.

Here's a bump.

dhdriver 12-31-2012 04:13 PM

I just finished hitting with a set of BHB7 17 and I gotta say it was one heck of a string. One regret though is I wish I strung them a little tighter (strung at 52#). There was good amount of power and tons of spin. I just hope the playability lasts a while. Going to try to play with it some more hopefully on Wednesday.

Francis27 12-31-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhdriver (Post 7089511)
I just finished hitting with a set of BHB7 17 and I gotta say it was one heck of a string. One regret though is I wish I strung them a little tighter (strung at 52#). There was good amount of power and tons of spin. I just hope the playability lasts a while. Going to try to play with it some more hopefully on Wednesday.

Thanks for the info! Make sure you tell me how it went :) Happy new year

dhdriver 01-01-2013 11:53 PM

This is an addition to my previous post.

Got to hit with BHB7 again for another 1.5 hour hitting session. These strings don't feel that boardy at first like some people said. But they do feel really springy. I didn't really get the proper warm up I needed to hit. But the strings still had a lot of spin. I felt like I had to really swing fast through the ball to maximize spin. There was a good amount of power. I felt like I got a lot of directional control as well as I was able to hit some crazy angles with these strings.

One thing I noticed was the strings didn't really feel that consistent. I could hit the ball the same way over and over again and at least once it would feel different. I don't really know how to explain it.

I was feeling the strings and noticed that the edges may have already started wearing off in the area around the sweetspot. This is a common problem I have with shaped strings.

Great strings. Hopefully next time I'll bump up the tension a little bit (maybe 55#). I'm testing out Volkl Cyclone Tour 17 next so if you want I can share you some of my experiences.

I hope my review helps Francis!

benxuan 01-02-2013 04:10 AM

Yonex Poly Pro Tour Strung 55lbs on a DUNLOP M3.0

Feels abit muted and not much feel but the balls are well landing in the the court with moderate spin and power. Might be good if you're playing with a powerful player(IMO).

This is just my opinion!

Francis27 01-02-2013 09:36 AM

Thanks dhdriver and benxuan!

djNEiGht 01-02-2013 09:02 PM

has anyone that has hit with BHB7 hit with Solinco Tour Bite? I'm on Tourbite right now. It's the most aggressive string (in terms of shape) that i'm playing with right now (or in a long time).

IMO, cyclone/spikey shark isn't as shaped as BHB7 or Tour Bite.

I might hit with a multi in the crosses

benxuan 01-03-2013 08:56 AM

Tried Top Spin Max ROTation(main at 55lbs) & Yonex Poly Pro Tour(Cross at 58lbs)

Seems like a good combination. the top spin strings definitely added a little bit more spin/bite/feel to the Yonex Strings.

I don't feel overpowered by my opponent at all. The muted strings seem to muted the power from my opponent.

I'm trying out my usual Volkl Cyclone with Yonex PPT next. Hope they will work well!

benxuan 01-03-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djNEiGht (Post 7094091)
has anyone that has hit with BHB7 hit with Solinco Tour Bite? I'm on Tourbite right now. It's the most aggressive string (in terms of shape) that i'm playing with right now (or in a long time).

IMO, cyclone/spikey shark isn't as shaped as BHB7 or Tour Bite.

I might hit with a multi in the crosses

Top Spin Max ROTation feels quite as shaped as Tour Bite (IMO)

dhdriver 01-03-2013 07:06 PM

Hey Francis! So I hit with the racquet strung with BHB7 again and unfortunately the honeymoon period is over. I felt like the sides of the strings have disappeared and I was left with a mushy feeling string. This is probably one of the reasons why I don't use shaped strings. Overall it was fun while it lasted!