Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   2013:Another CYGS opportunity for Djokovic (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=449298)

Headshotterer 12-28-2012 05:37 PM

2013:Another CYGS opportunity for Djokovic
 
He is in fine form. Nadal is out of the AO, the only possible threats to him are Murray, Federer, and even then, he has had many recent victories. Djoker owns Berdych and Tsonga. Just look at the ATP world tour finals.

In the French, it may be a close battle, but he has a much better chance against Nadal this time. Nadal would be low on confidence, playing experience. Also, the 2011 match was much closer than it seemed.

Wimbledon. HE lost to Federer, but by then, Federer's GS days would be numbered. Nadal didnt even play last Wimbledon, and it would have been so long since he wong there.

The US Open. Murray got quite lucky, and Djokovic, he wasnt playing his best due to the wind.

smoledman 12-28-2012 05:38 PM

It won't happen, mainly due to the fact that Federer is going to win Wimbledon for sure.

MSK 12-28-2012 05:39 PM

Sorry, but how did Murray get lucky?

Bobby Jr 12-28-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Headshotterer (Post 7084267)
Wimbledon. HE lost to Federer, but by then, Federer's GS days would be numbered. Nadal didnt even play last Wimbledon, and it would have been so long since he wong there.

Federer's GS days clearly weren't numbered last year and Nadal did play Wimbledon.

cc0509 12-28-2012 05:41 PM

Djokovic will not win the CYGS, he had his chance and blew it. That is it for him. If Federer and Nadal could not do it, Djokovic won't either.

GoodVibrations 12-28-2012 05:43 PM

He has a better chance than anyone else in the field but posts like these underrate how incredibly slim the chances still are. Margins of error are so small that it's hard to get any hopes up.

librarysteg 12-28-2012 05:46 PM

I know chances are as slim as slim can be, but it's what I'll be rooting for this year. It's a fun daydream for the start of the season even if it's a delusional daydream :) Let's see what happens at the Australian.

smoledman 12-28-2012 05:47 PM

Look right now it's all just a dream.

Clarky21 12-28-2012 05:50 PM

I think he will do it.

cc0509 12-28-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 7084300)
I think he will do it.

LOL, you thought he was going to do it this year and would beat Nadal at the FO!

Clarky21 12-28-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc0509 (Post 7084317)
LOL, you thought he was going to do it this year and would beat Nadal at the FO!


I still think he will do it. And remember, this year was an Olympic year if you catch my drift. Next year we will see the free reign Eeyore that we saw in 2011.

cc0509 12-28-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 7084333)
I still think he will do it. And remember, this year was an Olympic year if you catch my drift. Next year we will see the free reign Eeyore that we saw in 2011.

I don't think so. Murray, Nadal and to a lesser extent Federer will have something to say about that.

Clarky21 12-28-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cc0509 (Post 7084343)
I don't think so. Murray, Nadal and to a lesser extent Federer will have something to say about that.


Nadal is not even playing, and even if he were he wouldn't stop Eeyore. He has no one to stop him from winning every tournament he enters. It sucks for me because I can't stand that clown, but it's the truth.

cc0509 12-28-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky21 (Post 7084348)
Nadal is not even playing, and even if he were he wouldn't stop Eeyore. He has no one to stop him from winning every tournament he enters. It sucks for me because I can't stand that clown, but it's the truth.

He will be by the time clay season rolls around.

forzamilan90 12-28-2012 06:23 PM

Djoko can definitely pull it off

Mike Sams 12-28-2012 06:27 PM

Djokovic is going to become a legend at the end of 2013. Personally I think he needs to change his hair. Grow it out, slick it back and put it in a ponytail like Mercelo Rios did. Then grow a goatee or a full beard with it.

monfed 12-28-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Sams (Post 7084361)
Djokovic is going to become a legend at the end of 2013. Personally I think he needs to change his hair. Grow it out, slick it back and put it in a ponytail like Mercelo Rios did. Then grow a goatee or a full beard with it.


I think he's already a legend in many ppl's minds(he is in mine) because of the way he stopped Nadal dead in his tracks to surpass Fed's slam count. The way Djokovic's BH stood up to Ralph's relentless BH assault is legendary.

Mike Sams 12-28-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monfed (Post 7084431)
I think he's already a legend in many ppl's minds(he is in mine) because of the way he stopped Nadal dead in his tracks to surpass Fed's slam count. The way Djokovic's BH stood up to Ralph's relentless BH assault is legendary.

I thought Nadal actually went more to Djokovic's forehand. He knows the strength of Djokovic's backhand and his all-court game. There weren't really many holes he could exploit in Djoker's game.

90's Clay 12-28-2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoledman (Post 7084269)
It won't happen, mainly due to the fact that Federer is going to win Wimbledon for sure.

Fed won't win wimbledon unless there is rain and they close the roof.

Nole will have a chance at the calendar especially if Nadal doesn't return to top level

Towser83 12-28-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 90's Clay (Post 7084443)
Fed won't win wimbledon unless there is rain and they close the roof.

Nole will have a chance at the calendar especially if Nadal doesn't return to top level

what did the roof do exactly?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2006 - Tennis Warehouse