Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   General Pro Player Discussion (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Are Djokovic's brothers going to have decent tennis careers? (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=449307)

Mike Sams 12-28-2012 06:35 PM

Are Djokovic's brothers going to have decent tennis careers?

I saw the middle brother Marko play and he's awful. Seems he's best suited to carrying his brother's bags as opposed to playing tennis. Not sure he's got any talent for the game. Has anybody seen the youngest brother? How is his future in the sport? He said he wanted to be better than his oldest brother Novak but no sign of anything developing.:-?

Steve0904 12-28-2012 06:44 PM

Well I have always heard that Novak is supposedly the most talented of the 3, but I can't say anything about his brothers going on to have half decent careers. There's not much to go on as of now.

RCizzle65 12-28-2012 10:34 PM

Can the stretch and bend like Djokovic? lol, that's one thing that's pretty unique and hard to copy from his game...

Gonzalito17 12-29-2012 03:08 AM

Youngest brother Djordje played the 18s Eddie Herr last month and got a wildcard but lost in the first round to another wildcard, 2-6 0-1 (ret). That does not indicate he is a special player at all. With curiosity I asked a Serbian journalist at key Biscyane earlier this year about the younger Djok brothers and he said it's a myth that they are better than Novak, they are "nothing special" were his exact words.

akind 12-29-2012 03:54 AM

Like Djordje, I have two older brothers too. In my opinion, three brothers shouldn't be forced or shouldn't try to copy the oldest brother, regarding their career.

My brothers and I all went to the same primary school, high school and uni, and all studied engineering... but no one can be like my oldest brother. My other brother is more into business and I am more into sport...

Kids really should be directed to what they're good at and what they love doing, not what their oldest sibling does.

nereis 12-29-2012 04:26 AM

From what I've seen, Marko Djokovic superficially plays like Novak. I say superficially because he has little of the athletic or shotmaking qualities that make Novak what he is.

This isn't like the McEnroe brothers where Patrick McEnroe was obviously an entirely different player to John.

Imagine Novak, but with no ability to change direction on the dime, the speed, the hand eye coordination to be aggressive on returns, the natural power on the groundstrokes, or even a second serve that can go over 90mph.

Towser83 12-29-2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzalito17 (Post 7084854)
Youngest brother Djordje played the 18s Eddie Herr last month and got a wildcard but lost in the first round to another wildcard, 2-6 0-1 (ret). That does not indicate he is a special player at all. With curiosity I asked a Serbian journalist at key Biscyane earlier this year about the younger Djok brothers and he said it's a myth that they are better than Novak, they are "nothing special" were his exact words.

Well at least he can retire like his big bro Haha.

zagor 12-29-2012 05:19 AM

In short, no.

I remember when Pilic years ago (in 2006 IIRC) said they're nowhere near as talented as Novak (whom he predicted will be future #1).

Steve0904 12-29-2012 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Towser83 (Post 7084970)
Well at least he can retire like his big bro Haha.

I noticed this as well. Pretty funny actually.

Gonzo_style 12-29-2012 07:29 AM

Djordje is still young, we'll see what happens with him. As for Marko, I watched his match in Dubai against Golubev, I doubt he will have some great results in the future. However, Novak's brothers is likely to face with a lot of pressure because their brother was the best player in the world, it will not be easy for them.