Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Stringing Techniques / Stringing Machines (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Amazingly fast stringing (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=449346)

BlxTennis 12-29-2012 11:34 AM

Amazingly fast stringing

I found this video while trying to find out if they string badminton any differently. Turns out about the same as stringing a tennis racquet. However, this guy did it amazingly fast with more mains & crosses. From mounting the racquet to finish in 15min. Wow. I especially like how fast he's able to weave the crosses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCsjl1iuRcE

Lakers4Life 12-29-2012 12:37 PM

The title should be Amazinly Fast Badminton stringing.

ten11 12-29-2012 01:23 PM

Did he ever pull tension on the first cross? I don't think so.
nice work. He knew the pattern well and used both hands and mouth for the string job.

uk_skippy 12-29-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlxTennis (Post 7085326)
I found this video while trying to find out if they string badminton any differently. Turns out about the same as stringing a tennis racquet.

Except with badminton racquets the right way is to string bottom up.

Its a good video you've found, and there's one of a guy doing it in under 13 mins!

Regards

Paul

mad dog1 12-29-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uk_skippy (Post 7085480)
Except with badminton racquets, the right way is to string bottom up.

Its a good video you've found, and there's one of a guy doing it in under 13 mins!

Regards

Paul

wait, i think you really meant to say the right way to string crosses is TOP down except for badminton racquets which are strung bottom up.

Lakers4Life 12-29-2012 02:14 PM

I agree with Paul, Badminton rackets are strung bottom up. We are trained that Tennis rackets are strung top to bottom, mainly by the USRSA and the manufacturers, but other rackets like Badminton and Racquetball are typically strung Bottom Up.

BTW, that's a nice machine he's using in the video. It's what I consider an all around machine. Unlike the Babolats that are mainly designed for Tennis, and you need to buy a kit to string badminton.

Wikky 12-29-2012 02:22 PM

These guys are great, the fastest ones i've seen weave the mains before they put it on the machine. Most of us who string tennis racquets can't do this but I promise you these guys would suffer just as much with an 18x20 blade 93 with full poly.

mad dog1 12-29-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uk_skippy (Post 7085480)
Except with badminton racquets, the right way is to string bottom up.

Regards

Paul

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers4Life (Post 7085542)
I agree with Paul, Badminton rackets are strung bottom up. We are trained that Tennis rackets are strung top to bottom, mainly by the USRSA and the manufacturers, but other rackets like Badminton and Racquetball are typically strung Bottom Up.

BTW, that's a nice machine he's using in the video. It's what I consider an all around machine. Unlike the Babolats that are mainly designed for Tennis, and you need to buy a kit to string badminton.

i'm asking Paul if he really meant what he typed because i believe he meant to say, "Except for TENNIS racquets, the right way is to string bottom up." i know badminton racquets are supposed to be strung bottom up. and if you agree with Paul, you are also saying that badminton racquets should be strung top down.

uk_skippy 12-29-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mad dog1 (Post 7085497)
wait, i think you really meant to say the right way to string crosses is TOP down except for badminton racquets which are strung bottom up.

I think by me including the comma after "badminton" lead to a different meaning to what I was trying to say. In response to the OP stating "Turns out about the same as stringing a tennis racquet", my statement was to confirm that its mostly the same except you string bottom up on a badminton rqt.

Sorry if this was confusing. Hopefully we've all on the same page now.

Regards
Paul

mad dog1 12-29-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uk_skippy (Post 7085558)
I think by me including the comma after "badminton" lead to a different meaning to what I was trying to say. In response to the OP stating "Turns out about the same as stringing a tennis racquet", my statement was to confirm that its mostly the same except you string bottom up on a badminton rqt.

Sorry if this was confusing. Hopefully we've all on the same page now.

Regards
Paul

you're right indeed! we're all on the same page now. :)

Lakers4Life 12-29-2012 02:38 PM

Maybe Paul's English is different from our English. :confused:
I read Paul's reply is correct, or at least interpreted as a continuation of the OP's statement. My reply to his statement was also a continuation of his reply.

Does that make sense?

uk_skippy 12-29-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers4Life (Post 7085577)
Maybe Paul's English is different from our English. :confused:

Yes, I speak proper English ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers4Life (Post 7085577)
I read Paul's reply is correct, or at least interpreted as a continuation of the OP's statement. My reply to his statement was also a continuation of his reply.

Does that make sense?

Yes, I was replying directly to the OP statement etc.

Regards

Paul

Lakers4Life 12-29-2012 02:50 PM

Absolutely Smashing!

jim e 12-29-2012 03:36 PM

Heres a video on stringing badminton racquets. May be you can string the same way, don't even need a machine.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilxl82y2uTA
They said a young person can string 100 racquets/ day, for 700/ week for a total of $22.00,

BlxTennis 12-29-2012 03:38 PM

May be he can weave so fast on the crosses is due to low tension(24lbs) on badminton racquets. I certainly can not weave that fast on tennis racquets especially getting close to the end. I have not tried to string badminton racquets yet. I would have to get badminton fixed clamps for my stringer if I want to try which will cost me $100. I do have two Yonex Carbon racquets that sitting in the closet needed to re-string like 15yrs ago and have not play competitively in close to 20yrs so probably not worth it.

Lakers4Life 12-29-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlxTennis (Post 7085658)
May be he can weave so fast on the crosses is due to low tension(24lbs) on badminton racquets. I certainly can not weave that fast on tennis racquets especially getting close to the end. I have not tried to string badminton racquets yet. I would have to get badminton fixed clamps for my stringer if I want to try which will cost me $100. I do have two Yonex Carbon racquets that sitting in the closet needed to re-string like 15yrs ago and have not play competitively in close to 20yrs so probably not worth it.

You don't have to use fixed clamps for badminton, unless you plan on stringing a lot of badminton rackets. You can use badminton flying clamps for the crosses and fixed clamps for the mains. Badminton flying clamps are less than $20 for a pair. Though I heard Yonex flying clamps are better. If you do want to buy badminton fixed clamps, and you own a Gamma, Alpha, Eagnas, or similar machine. I highly recommend the Prince style Dual Clamps, available from Watdon or Arfaian. (Both from Europe) For about $70 shipped.

Dual Clamp on the right. Eagnas on the Left.

BlxTennis 12-29-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers4Life (Post 7085714)
You don't have to use fixed clamps for badminton, unless you plan on stringing a lot of badminton rackets. You can use badminton flying clamps for the crosses and fixed clamps for the mains. Badminton flying clamps are less than $20 for a pair. Though I heard Yonex flying clamps are better. If you do want to buy badminton fixed clamps, and you own a Gamma, Alpha, Eagnas, or similar machine. I highly recommend the Prince style Dual Clamps, available from Watdon or Arfaian. (Both from Europe) For about $70 shipped.

Dual Clamp on the right. Eagnas on the Left.

Thanks Lakers4Life. Looks like the fixed clamps I have is 11.5mm from Eagnas.

Lakers4Life 12-29-2012 06:13 PM

It's 12.00mm, Gamma, Pros's Pro, Alpha, SP and Eagnas are the same.

BlxTennis 12-29-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers4Life (Post 7085847)
It's 12.00mm, Gamma, Pros's Pro, Alpha, SP and Eagnas are the same.

Is 12mm referring to the post on the base and not the clamp itself? I just pull the clamp off and measured it and it reads 11.5mm

Lakers4Life 12-29-2012 07:44 PM

Sorry, it's 12.00 mm i.d. of the base clamp. I've measured the posts and they are usually, 11.95 ~ 12.00mm o.d. with a digital caliper.