Talk Tennis

Talk Tennis (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/index.php)
-   Strings (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Gamma TNT2 16 (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=449369)

Surecatch 12-29-2012 05:06 PM

Gamma TNT2 16

Any reason not to use this string?

MikeHitsHard93 12-29-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surecatch (Post 7085840)
Any reason not to use this string?

Great string for the first two hours. However, if you're a string breaker you need to look elsewhere. Not durable at all in my experience. Best attribute this string has is ball pocketing. It's great. Other than that, there's many strings that are much better. Such as PPA

mikeler 12-29-2012 07:16 PM

Stiff nylon, overpriced and not playable. It sucks.

Surecatch 12-29-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeHitsHard93 (Post 7085861)
Great string for the first two hours. However, if you're a string breaker you need to look elsewhere. Not durable at all in my experience. Best attribute this string has is ball pocketing. It's great. Other than that, there's many strings that are much better. Such as PPA

That's kind of what I've heard. What is ppa? Can you suggest a decent affordable string? I'm getting my racquets done and I really know zip about strings.

MikeHitsHard93 12-29-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surecatch (Post 7086010)
That's kind of what I've heard. What is ppa? Can you suggest a decent affordable string? I'm getting my racquets done and I really know zip about strings.

Prince Premier Attack is a multi at about the same price as TNT. It's much better in every category and if you're into multis you HAVE to try this string. Great bang for your buck in my opinion.

lucky44 12-29-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Exactly the same experience.I loved it for first 2 hours and then it became completely dead.

lucky44 12-30-2012 03:35 AM

Quote:

Great string for the first two hours. "Best attribute this string has is ball pocketing.

Have you found any other string that does the same kind of ball pocketing?when I tried it I was able to hit the ball so well that I beat my hitting partner 6-1,6-0.Since then have moved to hybrids which don't provide that kind of dwell time.

mikeler 12-30-2012 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lucky44 (Post 7086375)
Have you found any other string that does the same kind of ball pocketing?when I tried it I was able to hit the ball so well that I beat my hitting partner 6-1,6-0.Since then have moved to hybrids which don't provide that kind of dwell time.

If dwell time is what you seek young padawan, I recommend Pro Supex Maxim Touch 17. I've tried a few multifilament strings the last few years:

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=352048

lucky44 12-30-2012 06:29 AM

Thanks Mikeler,I have spent hours and hours reading your thread,its really great and I have DM in one of my rackets,I will give Pro super M touch a try.

KoaUka 12-30-2012 10:59 AM

The black one leaves marks on the ball

Surecatch 12-30-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeHitsHard93 (Post 7086026)
Prince Premier Attack is a multi at about the same price as TNT. It's much better in every category and if you're into multis you HAVE to try this string. Great bang for your buck in my opinion.

I may try the Prince strings on your recommendation. Can you enlighten a string n00b' on the differences in gauge size and the respective advantages? I assume the higher number means thinner and therefore more "bite" or topspin potential. Do I have that right?

MikeHitsHard93 12-30-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surecatch (Post 7087208)
I may try the Prince strings on your recommendation. Can you enlighten a string n00b' on the differences in gauge size and the respective advantages? I assume the higher number means thinner and therefore more "bite" or topspin potential. Do I have that right?

Mikeler knows much more than me, but I'll do my best.

You are correct on the gauge of string and what it does. Thinner strings also tend to be more powerful because they have less material and are thus more elastic. You may also notice a bit more "pocketing" which is how a ball sinks into the string bed. More pocketing=more touch and feel for the ball. Usually it's hard to find a string that conbinds everything, but I find PPA to be one of them. That's my take, anyway. Hope this was helpful.